January 6 hearings.

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess it would be the facts. Not the 'alternative facts'. You know like what people say when they are under oath and will go to jail if they don't. ;)

And FYI I don't consume CNN.

As in the ones under oath apparently at the moment who can say they heard from, or were told and cant be cross examined? Yep got it

As in the ones under oath apparently at the moment who can say they heard from, or were told and cant be cross examined? Yep got it
Well its not a trial, its a hearing.
Yes, cross examination would be interesting if it was done in a serious, sober way. Mostly it would only reaffirm that it was hearsay. There's a reason those GOP dickheads were not allowed on the commission. It would not be cross examination, it would be exactly what this commission has prevented from happening: a clown show by people who should be testifying themselves as material witnesses. Ask yourself why McCarthy did a 360 and refused the totally nonpartisan original makeup of the commission. If you're legit looking for the truth then there's your proof he and GOP are not.
Yes, technically it was hearsay evidence by some. It was clearly described as such. It distracted from the evidence that wasn't due to its jolting nature. Next question is why there hasn't been sworn testimony or depositions refuting it. Why are those who could obtain criminal legal counsel?

TBH I don't particularly like most of the witnesses. They stood by Trump and his crap for so long without doing or saying anything. How long after 1/6 did any show a conscience. Only two that I know of resigned immediately. The fact that they ARE rabidly Republican AND testifying are points in the commission's favor. Sure most are political scum and are covering their asses, but they are under oath, and some are under threat of violence from the MAGA morons. If the Jordan and Banks have real proof, come on in, swear the oath and lets hear it. McCarthy too. If Stefanik has proof Pelosi could have prevented it, lets hear it. Swear in and put it on the line or STFU, enough gaslighting.

Well its not a trial, its a hearing.
Yes, cross examination would be interesting if it was done in a serious, sober way. Mostly it would only reaffirm that it was hearsay. There's a reason those GOP dickheads were not allowed on the commission. It would not be cross examination, it would be exactly what this commission has prevented from happening: a clown show by people who should be testifying themselves as material witnesses. Ask yourself why McCarthy did a 360 and refused the totally nonpartisan original makeup of the commission. If you're legit looking for the truth then there's your proof he and GOP are not.
Yes, technically it was hearsay evidence by some. It was clearly described as such. It distracted from the evidence that wasn't due to its jolting nature. Next question is why there hasn't been sworn testimony or depositions refuting it. Why are those who could obtain criminal legal counsel?

TBH I don't particularly like most of the witnesses. They stood by Trump and his crap for so long without doing or saying anything. How long after 1/6 did any show a conscience. Only two that I know of resigned immediately. The fact that they ARE rabidly Republican AND testifying are points in the commission's favor. Sure most are political scum and are covering their asses, but they are under oath, and some are under threat of violence from the MAGA morons. If the Jordan and Banks have real proof, come on in, swear the oath and lets hear it. McCarthy too. If Stefanik has proof Pelosi could have prevented it, lets hear it. Swear in and put it on the line or STFU, enough gaslighting.
You are engaging in good faith with a bad faith poster who has blinkers on.

I do find your thoughts interesting as one who lives in the USA and agree with the points you have made.

Witness to date are under oath and can be charged if caught lying.

Agree some evidence is hearsay but at the same time have been supported by other witnesses including Trump's lawyer. Further witness have clearly stated that it was told to them (name) so if the named person wishes to come to the hearing can refute. To date no-one has done that.

As for his January 6th doco I haven’t seen it but im sure the mysterious Ray Epps gets some screen time, shows cops letting protesters into the capital through doors and barricades and also the bloke with the horns sitting on the floor in the senate chamber engaging in civil conversation with a cop…

All of which hasn’t been seen I’m sure in the show trial going on atm.
Just do a search with Epps 1/6 :)

Another Jan. 6 conspiracy theory suffers a reality-inflicted blow

Measured in Fox News airtime, there is perhaps no Jan. 6 conspiracy theory more popular than the idea that federal agents helped spur the violence that overwhelmed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. And within that particular theory, no individual has received more attention than Ray Epps, an Arizona man who has been identified as the person encouraging a crowd supporting President Donald Trump on Jan. 5 to enter the Capitol the following day and who appeared near the scene of the first barrier breach.

Epps does have a job, ..... He hosts weddings at a ranch he owns in the desert.

Carlson deserves special mention here. He has regularly amplified claims about Epps, with Epps being mentioned on his show on Oct. 25, Nov. 1, Dec. 14, Dec. 28, Jan. 5 and Jan. 6. Epps played a central role in Carlson’s fringey “documentary” that attempted to blame federal agents for the Capitol riot, elevating claims by Darren Beattie, a far-right conservative media figure fired from the Trump administration for having attended a white nationalist conference.

Again it is not a trial. It IS a show, yes. It is a public display of the sworn depositions and other evidence of what they have uncovered. It is produced so the masses who for some reason did not know or understand what happened at that time :rolleyesv1:, could see what did actually happen. AND pull back the curtains at what was going behind the scenes in not only the insurrection, but the whole 'Election Fraud' overturn plot and grift.
It's just too bad they have been stymied so far in getting cooperation from Congress critters who may have been complicit in the plot.

Video Doesn’t Prove Capitol Police Allowed Jan. 6 Protesters to Enter Capitol

So, in short, additional footage publicly available shows the police officer at the center of the viral claim following a protester into the Senate, then repeatedly asking the protesters to leave. None of the footage that we reviewed indicates he gave them permission to enter the building in the first place.

You are engaging in good faith with a bad faith poster who has blinkers on.

I do find your thoughts interesting as one who lives in the USA and agree with the points you have made.

Witness to date are under oath and can be charged if caught lying.

Agree some evidence is hearsay but at the same time have been supported by other witnesses including Trump's lawyer. Further witness have clearly stated that it was told to them (name) so if the named person wishes to come to the hearing can refute. To date no-one has done that.
Thanks, I deal with a couple of that sort on a different forum. Most cannot face actual facts that come from outside the bubble. Reference the numerous funny interviews with Trump supporters. :)

Actually I've been an expat for more than 30 years. I've seen massive political changes, media shenanigans, and general political BS at close range. Being outside the country also allows for a wider breadth of news experience. Which is frustrating when talking with those who have lived narrow lives and have little big world experience. I went back for my little bros wedding back in the 90s, sat with locals, fresh off the plane after all the extra security from first Gulf War. Event held at Georgia golf course across from where Masters is played, black waiters in white coats etc. All the s**t happening in the world at that moment and all they talked about at that table was lawn mowing. :laughv1: Talk about culture shock. :)

Thanks, I deal with a couple of that sort on a different forum. Most cannot face actual facts that come from outside the bubble. Reference the numerous funny interviews with Trump supporters. :)

Actually I've been an expat for more than 30 years. I've seen massive political changes, media shenanigans, and general political BS at close range. Being outside the country also allows for a wider breadth of news experience. Which is frustrating when talking with those who have lived narrow lives and have little big world experience. I went back for my little bros wedding back in the 90s, sat with locals, fresh off the plane after all the extra security from first Gulf War. Event held at Georgia golf course across from where Masters is played, black waiters in white coats etc. All the s**t happening in the world at that moment and all they talked about at that table was lawn mowing. :laughv1: Talk about culture shock. :)
Cheers, I have relatives in the US but sadly two of the closest died due to Covid when Trump was saying 'just like a miracle it will disappear', so my fondness for all things Trumpcult is zero.

His views on immigration (not so much illegal as that is understandable), medicare (we have the cheapest and the best), the unbelievable tax cuts to those that could afford (who then used the cuts for share buy back) are just some of the things that make me despise him and all that he is.

He created the most incredible division amongst Americans.

Not sure the hearings will do much but if it can peel some of the Trump followers away from him and his craziness, it will have done some good.

Cheers, I have relatives in the US but sadly two of the closest died due to Covid when Trump was saying 'just like a miracle it will disappear', so my fondness for all things Trumpcult is zero.

His views on immigration (not so much illegal as that is understandable), medicare (we have the cheapest and the best), the unbelievable tax cuts to those that could afford (who then used the cuts for share buy back) are just some of the things that make me despise him and all that he is.

He created the most incredible division amongst Americans.

Not sure the hearings will do much but if it can peel some of the Trump followers away from him and his craziness, it will have done some good.
sorry to hear about your kin, I think we all lost someone.

Trump for me is more of an extreme symptom of what has been growing for a while. I used to be a very swing voter. I looked at the candidate, issue etc. I voted Reagan first term, then Mondale because of that stupid trickle down economics.(Trump tax cut circa 1980)
I started to swing more Dem when Gingrich started making it a zero sum game instead of discussion/compromise. The GOP has just been going down that same path since then. What pisses me off the most is deregulation of dark money into politics. That has been the root of most of the evil. I actually like what the Tea Party was aiming for when they emerged. But fairly quickly they were taken over by the GOP donor class. They've since switched to the courts and won a resounding victory there at both local and federal levels.
Trump's exploding of past norms of public official's behavior was pretty bad. Those loopholes need to regulate out of existence. But his real damage was at the cabinet level where Bannon got him to name people who absolutely hated what the department they now headed represented. The policies they put into effect will a long time in corrected but much of the damage is irreversible.
McConnell, Ryan, and McCarthy deserve much of the blame as well. Ryan and McCarthy are weak cowards. McConnell though is an evil PoS who deserves serious punishments if possible.
Just to be fair, before Trump, I would have had Pelosi in the top 3 of who I wanted out of government the most. The DNC leadership is corrupt and weak.

Thanks for work modding these playpens :) I appreciate the ability to exercise some intellectual storage rooms of my mind that usually get neglected in my day to day life. :)

Trump for me is more of an extreme symptom of what has been growing for a while. I used to be a very swing voter. I looked at the candidate, issue etc. I voted Reagan first term, then Mondale because of that stupid trickle down economics.(Trump tax cut circa 1980)
I started to swing more Dem when Gingrich started making it a zero sum game instead of discussion/compromise. The GOP has just been going down that same path since then. What pisses me off the most is deregulation of dark money into politics. That has been the root of most of the evil. I actually like what the Tea Party was aiming for when they emerged. But fairly quickly they were taken over by the GOP donor class. They've since switched to the courts and won a resounding victory there at both local and federal levels.
Trump's exploding of past norms of public official's behavior was pretty bad. Those loopholes need to regulate out of existence. But his real damage was at the cabinet level where Bannon got him to name people who absolutely hated what the department they now headed represented. The policies they put into effect will a long time in corrected but much of the damage is irreversible.
McConnell, Ryan, and McCarthy deserve much of the blame as well. Ryan and McCarthy are weak cowards. McConnell though is an evil PoS who deserves serious punishments if possible.
Just to be fair, before Trump, I would have had Pelosi in the top 3 of who I wanted out of government the most. The DNC leadership is corrupt and weak.

Thanks for work modding these playpens :) I appreciate the ability to exercise some intellectual storage rooms of my mind that usually get neglected in my day to day life. :)
I actually enjoy and respect posts from those that are living the experience.

Oh and this from your post: The DNC leadership is corrupt and weak. 100% agree with.

Sometimes it is all about which is the least worst sadly even here.

shows cops letting protesters into the capital through doors and barricades and also the bloke with the horns sitting on the floor in the senate chamber engaging in civil conversation with a cop…

All of which hasn’t been seen I’m sure in the show trial going on atm.
Why do Jan 6 enthusiasts constantly pretend these sort of interactions represent the totality of the day? Its not like there aren't 100s of hours of video confirming the opposite.

Ya think because cops didn't actively resist in a few areas where they were completely outnumbered it just cancels out all the other stuff or something? Bizarre :drunk:

Last edited:

Good post and very true that Gingrich started this scorched earth policy in the senate. Its gotten worse and worse since then, and become turbo charged since Trump. As I mentioned in another thread, its disturbing when GOP members who believe in democracy are seen as the good guys, thats how dire the situation is.

Another no bias take from the echo chamber
View attachment 1455833

Lol Rick Wilson's a malignant campaigner with ties to the Bush family who's bitter that him and the other neoconservative shills aren't running the show as explicitly anymore. Famously he helped tie a Democratic Senator to Bin Laden and Saddam in the 2002 mid-terms. To say that he (or the Post or the Times, tbh) "leans left" is a bit of a joke - and more fool the Democrats for embracing him and his poisonous mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Rick Wilson's a malignant campaigner with ties to the Bush family who's bitter that him and the other neoconservative shills aren't running the show as explicitly anymore. Famously he helped tie a Democratic Senator to Bin Laden and Saddam in the 2002 mid-terms. To say that he (or the Post or the Times, tbh) "leans left" is a bit of a joke - and more fool the Democrats for embracing him and his poisonous mates.
The Dems are just loving the Lincolns' attacks on Trumps and his party lackeys. Those interactions probably all pertain to that, and his continuous, lucrative appearances on MSM. Bringing in someone from the opposing party to agree with your views is de rigueur on all the news channels. Wilson is a political animal using his instincts to make a living.

This is where we are now, George W Bush era republicans are now leftists in Trumpist world.

Thats not my take, thats his Twitter sources of information. They have a left bias, his own news sources! Get your thick skull around that one.
Your problem is a flawed methodology. The algorithm is looking at who you post or retweet and assigns you left or right depending on the volume of what the algorithm has already called left or right. Even if you retweet to highlight how you disagree.

Your problem is a flawed methodology. The algorithm is looking at who you post or retweet and assigns you left or right depending on the volume of what the algorithm has already called left or right. Even if you retweet to highlight how you disagree.
Yep
don't know how it works in Twitworld, but there is a well-known article that detailed how a journo regged on FB, like a couple rightish random post, and with a very short time was receiving far right, crazy posts and the like.
If you're not switched on or diverse in you information inflow, I guess it would be easy to fall into that pit of hopelessness that is far right wing politics.

Yep
don't know how it works in Twitworld, but there is a well-known article that detailed how a journo regged on FB, like a couple rightish random post, and with a very short time was receiving far right, crazy posts and the like.
If you're not switched on or diverse in you information inflow, I guess it would be easy to fall into that pit of hopelessness that is far right wing politics.
It's most insidious for far right politics, but this effect permeates everything.

The algorithm traps us all whatever our interests are.

On SM-G955U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back