Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is Benjamin any good?
I mean Exasperate won that race who Mellors put to the sword a few runs earlier

Australia Cup seems fanciful
Then mellors won after that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth a replay of it's first WA start. Fair to say it can throw away a race, has some serious issues and doubt i'll go near it.
Yeah I remember seeing that race!

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
if a horse has a prefix of Yulong, stay away, can only think of one semi decent one Yulong January, Yulongs are going the way of Patinack, spent a fortune and return is minimal

Start up racing ventures very hard until the breeding comes through over several generations. Good stock doesn’t get sold. Hard for those guys to have an impact straight away. If you are breeding it can take 30 years to build the pedigree you want where you can finally reap rewards.

This horse in particular reasonably cheap I think 30k out of good WA mare. Failed X-Rays and shocking legs so I’m told. Doesn’t surprise with veering out like last start.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Start up racing ventures very hard until the breeding comes through over several generations. Good stock doesn’t get sold. Hard for those guys to have an impact straight away. If you are breeding it can take 30 years to build the pedigree you want where you can finally reap rewards.

This horse in particular reasonably cheap I think 30k out of good WA mare. Failed X-Rays and shocking legs so I’m told. Doesn’t surprise with veering out like last start.
Agree but i also think that Yulong went in naive and has been suckered into buying a lot of duds. They have bought a lot of overseas sprinters and none of them have done anything. They can only be bleeding money at the moment, cannot see them lasting too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back