Racing January Daily Punt - It's Magic (Millions) You Know

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah, rail is always hot down the straight, today it might just be next level hot.

it's up there with leaders at kal, rail geraldton rail in true, and ascot with rail out easterlies with the most consistent bias in WA

40:1, 20:1, 150:1 first 3 all down that rail with 2.60-1.90 fave well backed in wrong part of track off the bit a long way out.

bit of a shame only 1 more race and most good ones drawn there. would be quite a fan of She's Vital could it get a free run. Arafura same. i really want to risk 4+6 but have drawn the perfect barriers which is a shame and probs no bet race.

Summer racing is full of small fields, crap rides, horses missing the start, speed maps totally wrong, late scratchings, Terry Bailey calling cay too many races, sky channel being incompetent and other shenaningans. ! I give up until the good horses come back. Or tomorrow whichever comes first

Don’t shoot me for a spruik after the fact.... but servers were down yesterday.
Loved the run of Box on Collins at $15, thought I was in with a chance with 100m to go.
At its best $15 massive overs

On another note, laughable hype around Schabau. Smacks of Puissance de Lune, wins a B grade race and nek minnit...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pike in the next loading up... i had a big day out on saturday the last two days havent had one winner if it doesnt get up im on a break o_O To much time on my hands this holidays gonna hit the golf course and forget about it

if anyone hasn't noticed SA racing looks to be in a bit of trouble.

i'm not sure how long before the tipping point.
We are fooked
Kennewell has now pulled the pin here
Stokes gone too

Prizemoney was s**t to begin with now it’s just going to be downright heinous
Prob end up bigger purses at Globe Derby on a sat night the way they’re going :rolleyes:

Gawler on a Saturday also solidly yuck material
Running metro meetings from Gawler is plain dumb
Lovely town but for those of you not from SA on a good day is a 45-50 min drive from the CBD

Should have kept Victoria Park, I’ve said it for years. Prime location, just needed a revamping of facilities

Running metro meetings from Gawler is plain dumb
Lovely town but for those of you not from SA on a good day is a 45-50 min drive from the CBD

Should have kept Victoria Park, I’ve said it for years. Prime location, just needed a revamping of facilities
Selling Vic Park was just shortsightedness and greed. Its typical of the racing industry making a short term decision that ruins everything in the long term, SA really needs help from the government but its not politically correct for a government to support "gambling" even though they make a fortune out of it. It is probably too late for SA, but they need a huge cash injection so that it makes it appealing for interstate trainers to bring horses to at least make Saturday racing better and keep the remaining good trainers there. I doubt it will happen.

Victoria Park wasn’t sold off. It was public land which was leased. Cheltenham was owned by the racing industry and was sold to find Parks and Gawler development.

Apparently the current council isn’t that big of fans of horse racing as a whole either which doesn’t help.

SA racing has been struggling for probably at least 25 years. Despite quality trainers, riders, breeding and horses.

Will be interesting if things can be turned around

A lot of punters complaining about soft tracks.

In my opinion the negatives of betting on soft tracks is actually the form turnarounds, some horses improve some go backward. If it’s consistently a soft 5 the backward horses will just be an inferior horse. Just like heavy 10 mudders who improve a bit in the wet and don’t run the same in the dry are considered inferior. (Jungle edge I’m looking at you).

Within 2 years the baseline will be established punter confidence will be high in soft 5’s but weaken when the track gets firmer or towards the bottomless end of the scale. Same as dirt v turf. If it were a more common occurrence of horses going dirt to turf and back there would be a huge thing to ban dirt, because it’s just a fact horses will run in completely different positions week to week on a different surface against the same field and that’s the crux of low confidence on a worse surface.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back