Racing January Daily Punt - It's Magic (Millions) You Know

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
If history is anything to go by approximately 4 roughies will get up on the GC
Yes.
Ive had some success previous years by taking runners with good GC track record and drawn ok barriers.
Ones that meet that criteria

Cool Sequence
Divine Dice
Barefoot
Snippets Land

In the 2yo i like the form around Exhilarates. Will take the Odyysey ($26) in exotics and hope it runs a drum for no other reason because its drawn a barrier

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Hello everyone, I'm new here so please be nice as I post my selections.

Thought I'd ease my way back into the punt by laying Masculino in R5 at Flem. He's quite honest in this grade but I just think he's well unders for a horse that doesn't have a significant (or any) class edge in this grade. He was every possible last time out when rolled. The dangers for mine would be Beauty Way who closed off nicely last start and should relish Flemington and at odds Snoano who I suspect they've been setting up for a race like this.

O'Tauto in R4 looks a nice horse and with the small field should hopefully get over the top of these with Ollie onboard. :thumbsu:

If terrible bets are your thing, then follow me into Strathmore EW at odds in R7 Randwick. Hasn't won for years and never at the trip, but if there's even a morsel of his old form left in the locker he'll be able to put these away at BM88 level. I actually specced him last start and in hindsight it was one run too early, 2nd up from a long spell he really blew up late. Going again here in a lacklustre contest.

Not overly interested in the Millions as it's often a car wreck to punt on but I've been with Dubious both starts and he hasn't let me down so mark me down for another small interest. No idea if he runs 1200m. Will post my awesome quaddie later if I take one. Good luck campaigners.
Otauto is one ive anchored a few multis

puntking

All Australian
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
whats everyones tip for the millions?
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Just think his best racing pattern is off the speed which would see him 4 back on the rails and needing a lot of luck. Don't think he will have much chance if he sits behind the leader.
Fair enough

Must admit I'm surprised by the weight of money and support for Outback Barbie. Ok didnt have all things in its favour last time but was well beaten. $2.20? Pass

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Thought I'd ease my way back into the punt by laying Masculino in R5 at Flem. He's quite honest in this grade but I just think he's well unders for a horse that doesn't have a significant (or any) class edge in this grade. He was every possible last time out when rolled. The dangers for mine would be Beauty Way who closed off nicely last start and should relish Flemington and at odds Snoano who I suspect they've been setting up for a race like this.
Been with Masculino for a while now and like him today, but agree he's not the type of horse to back at anywhere near odds on. If he's allowed to grind away from around the 600 he should be too good for these, but if they slow it down and force a sit and sprint he'll be found wanting.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Pretty keen on a few shorties around the country today but bit of value around as well.

F6 - Remember The Name
F8 - Call Me Handsome

R1 - Acquittal

GC6 - Femme Fireball/I Am Queen
GC8 - Rome
GC9 - Smartedge

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Been with Masculino for a while now and like him today, but agree he's not the type of horse to back at anywhere near odds on. If he's allowed to grind away from around the 600 he should be too good for these, but if they slow it down and force a sit and sprint he'll be found wanting.
Yep no knock on him as a winning chance, he's in form, winner T/D etc.

When I take sub 2.5 about a horse I like them to have a class edge on the field though, to overcome any bad luck, run of the race stuff etc. I think he's come up this short because he's just the most consistent runner, not the best. It hasn't been a good formula for me, especially as you said there's factors he needs to go his way.

Lots of good judges are on him again so I wouldn't be put off if you like him.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Playing with a few fun multi's on Saturday

Multi 1
GC R3 N7 Divine Dice - win
GC R5 N2 Kaepernick - pl
GC R8 N8 Outback Barbie - win
86-1

Multi 2
MR R1 N6 Microphone - win
MR R5 N2 Beauty Way - pl
GC R3 N7 Divine Dice - pl
GC R5 N2 Kaepernick - pl
SR R8 N1 Turnberry - pl
127-1

Multi 3
MR R5 N2 Beauty Way - pl
GC R5 N2 Kaepernick - pl
SR R8 N1 Turnberry - pl
38-1

Multi 4
MR R5 N3 Masculino - win
GC R5 N2 Kaepernick - pl
SR R8 N1 Turnberry - pl
60-1
Youre away with Microphone just getting there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rideclutch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Formula 1, PGA Tour
Haha how good Sylpheed, chipping away there in the straight off a 5 run 1200m prep.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep no knock on him as a winning chance, he's in form, winner T/D etc.

When I take sub 2.5 about a horse I like them to have a class edge on the field though, to overcome any bad luck, run of the race stuff etc. I think he's come up this short because he's just the most consistent runner, not the best. It hasn't been a good formula for me, especially as you said there's factors he needs to go his way.

Lots of good judges are on him again so I wouldn't be put off if you like him.

I backed him in the tout thread but with all the faves winning and peoples all ups being rolled over its going to start at lik $1.80. Absolute poison odds TM.

Back