Racing January Daily Punt: They call it the Magic Millions because millions magically disappear

Lol I'm sure all the participants would be thrilled if we started running around in our elite races for the pittance that the Euros do

Trying to get our horses to a better standard through breeding is a completely different topic to comparing the shambles the industry over there is in compared to here

Lol looks like the jug - failing liefs tag team is back in action. Is there a bad hot take you two aren’t all over these days?

All I care about is getting the best standard of horse through breeding. What else is the great game about? The fact is Europe has the best horses by panels and as a result the best races by panels. Those races are enhanced by pacemakers.

If you want competitive lotto racing bet on the cesspool that is fishbowl racing in Hong Kong. Or just bet on trackside.

The biggest joke is if you think having properly run races down here wouldn’t see betting turnover go though the roof. It would increase a shitload.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Lel funny cos the let's bring in pacemakers has to be one of the worst hot takes I've read. No matter what you think of Euro racing the use of pacemakers brings it down. Just an awful practice and laughable to think it would result in higher turnover here

Europe has good horses because of breeding, not because Aiden is allowed to blow up his plodder in front so the odds on fav can get a charmed run

Lel funny cos the let's bring in pacemakers has to be one of the worst hot takes I've read. No matter what you think of Euro racing the use of pacemakers brings it down. Just an awful practice and laughable to think it would result in higher turnover here

Europe has good horses because of breeding, not because Aiden is allowed to blow up his plodder in front so the odds on fav can get a charmed run

I didn’t say pacemakers makes for better horses. It makes for better races. Which it does. An outstanding practice by any metric and no shock it is accepted in the worlds best jurisdiction

How well is oz racing doing if we are a couple or pacemakers away from prize money levels like Europe 😂😂😂

That’s PVL level fear mongering. How brainwashed are the local masses to think that tightly packed skunk walkathons filled with no hopers is how the game was supposed to be designed.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I didn’t say pacemakers makes for better horses. It makes for better races. Which it does. An outstanding practice by any metric and no shock it is accepted in the worlds best jurisdiction

How well is oz racing doing if we are a couple or pacemakers away from prize money levels like Europe 😂😂😂

That’s PVL level fear mongering. How brainwashed are the local masses to think that tightly packed skunk walkathons filled with no hopers is how the game was supposed to be designed.

Righto mate. It's garbage and a blight on their racing but if you like stables blowing up b graders so their odds on pop gets everything run to suit so be it.

You're the one saying how well the Euros do racing so we should copy them. Was a poor argument.

Ok Helen Lovejoy. You get some races run fast, some slow, some average. Just don't be lazy and do the proper form for a race and all will be fine.

Righto mate. It's garbage and a blight on their racing but if you like stables blowing up b graders so their odds on pop gets everything run to suit so be it.

You're the one saying how well the Euros do racing so we should copy them. Was a poor argument.

Ok Helen Lovejoy. You get some races run fast, some slow, some average. Just don't be lazy and do the proper form for a race and all will be fine.

What does doing the form have to do with anything. I want to see the best horses win which too often does not happen in Australia due to farcically run races or track bias. That was the whole point of the discussion which your not getting.

Betting is irrelevant and bringing it up shows you don’t get either the point the discussion kicked off on or the argument as to why pacemakers are so desperately needed in this country and have been for over a decade.

Mcnulty got the idea straight away. It’s seriously not that hard guys. Even Matty Stewart gets it!!

Jugs solution for a major problem in oz racing - ‘just keep doing the form. Don’t look up’ 😂😂😂

Last edited:

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Nup even taking betting out of the question it is complete garbage. Every horse in the race should be attempting to win it. Throwing in a stablemate to help out the odds on pop will always be terrible. If you're on the best horse then just go forward yourself and run the rest into the ground. Good horses overcoming obstacles is half the fun. May as well just chuck them all in individual time trials if you want everything to get exactly the same chance to complete the course at their fastest

Back