Travel Japan

Remove this Banner Ad

You weren't kidding about that view from the Marriott, deathevocation.
From the 51st floor.
cfa770781f7c58206792348b2491b591.jpg

Where's this? Not Tokyo

Nice one. Are you heading to Tokyo later?
I'm back home now :(. My 3 weeks is sadly up. I started in Tokyo and finished up there too. Had about a week or so in total there. Loved it.

About to leave Kyoto for Naoshima (Art Iand), we are staying at Okayama, we will be staying here 2 nights and do Hiroshima day trip as well.
From here we go to Tokyo, the snow then back to Tokyo. Osaka has been the highlight thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About to leave Kyoto for Naoshima (Art Iand), we are staying at Okayama, we will be staying here 2 nights and do Hiroshima day trip as well.
From here we go to Tokyo, the snow then back to Tokyo. Osaka has been the highlight thus far.

Hiroshima an essential cultural experience when in Japan I reckon, the memorial and museum is very full on and really makes you think and puts everything into perspective, I remember being with my partner and as we came out of it we both just sat by the memorial in silence for about 10 minutes.

Geez you are travelling around a bit. Osaka my favourite city there too. Enjoy.

Naoshima is very cool! The art galleries are really interesting, hope you like your time there. Will you have time in Hiroshima to go to Miyajima? It's well worth it, if you can.

Make sure you rug up tomorrow, it's going to be a cold one. Snow is forecast!

Naoshima is very cool! The art galleries are really interesting, hope you like your time there. Will you have time in Hiroshima to go to Miyajima? It's well worth it, if you can.

Will see what I can do. We've had one of those random excellent nights in Okayama. Underrated city.

Hiroshima was amazing! Snow was beautiful. In Tokyo currently, about to go to the sumo wrestling.

Hiroshima was amazing! Snow was beautiful. In Tokyo currently, about to go to the sumo wrestling.

Very cool. According to the news here, it's the first time in 30-odd years that Hiroshima has had snow like that. The Genbaku Dome and the Peace Park must've been quite a sight, all covered in snow.

Any love for Kobe? Close to Osaka, mountains and beaches close to the city, foreign settlements and easy to walk around. Travel into the country side and have a look at Takeda Castle ruins (Machu Pichu of Japan).

http://www.yoshimibattleskobebars.com/

Favourite place is still probably Kyushu. Gunkanjima, Mt Aso, Sakurajima and Kumamoto Castle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any love for Kobe? Close to Osaka, mountains and beaches close to the city, foreign settlements and easy to walk around. Travel into the country side and have a look at Takeda Castle ruins (Machu Pichu of Japan).

Favourite place is still probably Kyushu. Gunkanjima, Mt Aso, Sakurajima and Kumamoto Castle.

Preferred Kobe to Kyoto.

What is the best way to get from Narita airport to Shinjuku station.

Train?

Mind you, this is my first time in Tokyo and I will probably have no idea about city bearings or if there are any signs in English.

What is the best way to get from Narita airport to Shinjuku station.

Train?

Mind you, this is my first time in Tokyo and I will probably have no idea about city bearings or if there are any signs in English.

You can take a bus too, but train is probably the easiest way.

From your terminal at Narita, it won't be too difficult. There will be a lot of signage in English, and the airport and railway staff will be able to direct you. Here's a website that can help with planning your travels by train, and subway too:

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

I did a quick search, and it looks like the easiest way is to go from Narita Terminal 1 or 2 to Nippori Station, which is on the Yamanote Loop Line. If you look at a map of the train lines in Tokyo, you'll see that the Yamanote Line is basically a green circle in the heart of Tokyo. Once you get on that you're golden, as from Nippori Station you can go straight to Shinjuku Station.

Lotta love for Kobe! Great shopping and food there as well.

Got back from Japan recently. What a country. Will be trying to get back there within 18-24 months.

Hiroshima an essential cultural experience when in Japan I reckon, the memorial and museum is very full on and really makes you think and puts everything into perspective, I remember being with my partner and as we came out of it we both just sat by the memorial in silence for about 10 minutes.

aside from the bits towards the end when they have a few pot shots at the americans :)

Off to Japan next Friday for 24 nights. Have read most this thread and got some great info which helped me plan my trip thanks guys.

All accommodation booked. Itinerary as follows:
Tokyo (Shinjuku) - 6 nights
Hakone - 2 nights
Osaka - 5 nights
Hiroshima - 1 night
Naoshima - 1 night
Kyoto - 4 nights
Tokyo (Ginza) - 5 nights

Any more tips while I'm there? Have got JR pass to get around between cities. Managed to snare to tickets to Sumo tournament and have a few other activities planned. Still plenty of free time so if there are any must do's I'd love to know.

Off to Japan next Friday for 24 nights. Have read most this thread and got some great info which helped me plan my trip thanks guys.

All accommodation booked. Itinerary as follows:
Tokyo (Shinjuku) - 6 nights
Hakone - 2 nights
Osaka - 5 nights
Hiroshima - 1 night
Naoshima - 1 night
Kyoto - 4 nights
Tokyo (Ginza) - 5 nights

Any more tips while I'm there? Have got JR pass to get around between cities. Managed to snare to tickets to Sumo tournament and have a few other activities planned. Still plenty of free time so if there are any must do's I'd love to know.

Have a great time at the sumo - worth getting the English language radio translation. Sit back and wait for your beer girls to come round with her keg to your seat.

Which JR pass did you get? Your itinerary seems a big spread out for it to be worth it monetarily speaking.

In Tokyo make sure you do MariCar where you dress up in Super Mario cosplay and go around Tokyo in go karts. It was one of the highlights of my trip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back