Japanese Winter

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 1, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Swinburne
I know there's already another thread going, however I wanted to ask specifically about travelling Japan in winter. How much colder does it get than Melbourne? I know Tokyo is forecast to be very similar temperatures, but is that accurate? Should I be preparing for a European like winter, or something milder?

Also, any tips or places that are must dos?

I know there's already another thread going, however I wanted to ask specifically about travelling Japan in winter. How much colder does it get than Melbourne? I know Tokyo is forecast to be very similar temperatures, but is that accurate? Should I be preparing for a European like winter, or something milder?

I lived in Tokyo for 3 years - winter can get extremely cold, with some light to medium snow falls. But a thick overcoat should be OK, unless you go up into the snow/ski areas).

Where are you going? If up north, ******* freezing. Tokyo not so bad, but is colder than Melbourne. The wool cardigan you get away with here isn't going cut it if you're outdoors in Tokyo. I spend quite a bit of time in Ise and that's on par with a cold Melbourne winter.

• Banned
Where are you going? If up north, ******* freezing. Tokyo not so bad, but is colder than Melbourne. The wool cardigan you get away with here isn't going cut it if you're outdoors in Tokyo. I spend quite a bit of time in Ise and that's on par with a cold Melbourne winter.
Cheers death!

Is it pretty cheap to go there in winter? Comparatively I mean in terms of flights?

Seem a gip that it's always like $1200 when you can get to Europe for generally that or a bit less and that's farther away.

Is it pretty cheap to go there in winter? Comparatively I mean in terms of flights?

Seem a gip that it's always like $1200 when you can get to Europe for generally that or a bit less and that's farther away.
jal ana and qan have pretty regular sales. winter is ski season. its usually cheaper in Japanese summer.

has its own charms but can be hot and humid as all hell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back