Roast jared brennan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh folau would be ahead of Brennan in poorest output per dollar but that's it.

Fevola doesn't count as he isn't on an afl list. Also he was actually a good player/Coleman medalist in his day to be fair.

I thought fev moved off last year or end of this year? Pretty sure he's not on it next season.

Also another player to join Brennan/folau list....Scully and Burgoyne. Burgoyne is fringe 22 for hawks and on 700k, albeit is still a better performer than our Jared and does the team things.

I thought fev moved off last year or end of this year? Pretty sure he's not on it next season.

Also another player to join Brennan/folau list....Scully and Burgoyne. Burgoyne is fringe 22 for hawks and on 700k, albeit is still a better performer than our Jared and does the team things.

I'm a massive Burgoyne fan, and would not expect him on 700k? Not sure where that figure came from. I also think he is definitely in their best 22, has been a great player for Hawthorn, as well as Port.

I'm a massive Burgoyne fan, and would not expect him on 700k? Not sure where that figure came from. I also think he is definitely in their best 22, has been a great player for Hawthorn, as well as Port.

He signed for a 3 year contract over 2mil. He's a decent player no doubt, just not worth that money.

I don't think any footballer deserves the sort of money these blokes are on, but the Suns are prepared to pay Brennan that much, so what would they expect him to deliver in return? Let's look at his stats from 2011.
4th most kicks for the Suns
5th for long kicks
3rd for short kicks
Equal 2nd for marks
3rd for contested marks
3rd for tackles
5th inside 50’s
4th rebound 50’s
3rd hard-ball gets
4th loose-ball gets
Equal 9th for goals
7th in B&F
One of only 3 players to play every game for 2011, despite playing many with a shoulder injury, which required off-season surgery.

That's a pretty solid season. I doubt they'd have expected any more. Looking at his career prior to joining the Suns, there's no reason to expect him to do better than that.

This year he's made a few more blues, mainly on the backline & it is obvious he's not a natural backman, but he's still playing well enough to get a game.

I don't think any footballer deserves the sort of money these blokes are on, but the Suns are prepared to pay Brennan that much, so what would they expect him to deliver in return? Let's look at his stats from 2011.
5th for long kicks
3rd for short kicks
Equal 2nd for marks
3rd for contested marks
3rd for tackles
5th inside 50’s
4th rebound 50’s
3rd hard-ball gets
4th loose-ball gets
Equal 9th for goals
7th in B&F
One of only 3 players to play every game for 2011, despite playing many with a shoulder injury, which required off-season surgery.

That's a pretty solid season. I doubt they'd have expected any more. Looking at his career prior to joining the Suns, there's no reason to expect him to do better than that.

This year he's made a few more blues, mainly on the backline & it is obvious he's not a natural backman, but he's still playing well enough to get a game.

Well said. The arguement now will be, "but that was last year"

youre only as good as your last game...or somethin like that..

the thread started this year..

mate. i didnt watch much footy last year. ive only started learning about the game this year. im from a rugby league background. my son plays both codes, i coach his RL side.

just because im a league man doesnt mean i cant make critical observations of players. so what i have seen of brennan is this year. and this year he is crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking back at my last post I may have been a bit harsh but the fact remains he is still grossly overpayed. To me he looks like giant sook who cant seem to understand that he has a different role to play in this team then when he was with the lions. Back then he was a young hotshot who could afford to make mistakes because he was young and was surrounded by solid players, but now he is meant to be a leader in this team and set an example, yet he is still making the same mistakes which is just not good enough for a man of his age and pay.

5th for long kicks
3rd for short kicks
Equal 2nd for marks
3rd for contested marks
3rd for tackles
5th inside 50’s
4th rebound 50’s
3rd hard-ball gets
4th loose-ball gets
Equal 9th for goals
7th in B&F

That's a pretty solid season.
but he's still playing well enough to get a game.

so in the suns first season, surrounded by kids, he was best at nothing, and only 7th in the best and fairest. it hasnt got any better. solid season? surrounded by kids?

what SHOULD his stats read at 640k SURROUNDED BY KIDS?

this season he has been dropped to reserve grade. and lucky to be getting a game.

mate. i didnt watch much footy last year. ive only started learning about the game this year. im from a rugby league background. my son plays both codes, i coach his RL side.

just because im a league man doesnt mean i cant make critical observations of players. so what i have seen of brennan is this year. and this year he is crap.
Fair enough. I just think you've been a bit over the top with your criticism. It isn't his fault the club is prepared to pay him a big salary & his form has actually been quite consistent, despite his reputation from the Lions suggesting otherwise. I can't see him ever eradicating the clangers from his game, but he still does plenty of good work.

so in the suns first season, surrounded by kids, he was best at nothing, and only 7th in the best and fairest. it hasnt got any better. solid season? surrounded by kids?

what SHOULD his stats read at 640k SURROUNDED BY KIDS?

this season he has been dropped to reserve grade. and lucky to be getting a game.
The only Sun to take more marks last year was Bock & he truly is an elite player. The only players to get more kicks were Ablett, Bock & Harbrow. Again, they are very good players, but Harbrow probably had more clangers than Brennan last year. In the B&F, he was behind Ablett, Bock, Rischitelli, Swallow, Stanley & Smith. That's a fair assessment of his value for that season.

He's not playing as well this year as he did in 2011, but he's still good enough to be in our team.

I don't think he was dropped for poor form. He was playing better than quite a few others. I think it was because he broke some team rules. He still needs to be reminded from time to time, because those rules don't come naturally to him, but he does seem to be trying to do the right thing.

so how did 6ook man go yesterday?

we had an early night. had footy this morning...so i missed the game.

so how did 6ook man go yesterday?

we had an early night. had footy this morning...so i missed the game.
An average game for Jared. 9 kicks, 12 handballs, 67% disposal efficiency, 3 marks, 3 hitouts, 7 tackles, no scores, 3 frees, 3 inside 50's, 1 rebound 50, 3 clearances, tried to do the team things & significantly, no 50 metre penalties or frees against. That's just a normal game for Jared.

He was putting in. It was obvious he was trying to do the team things, but the results from his efforts weren't outstanding. You could probably say that about most of our players.

thats good to hear. if he learns to bust a gut trying hard, we'd forgive his clangers. everyone loves a gutsy player. usually they have less skill and thats how they make it up. but if brennan were to become busier, with skills to add, he'd become worth the 600k......to someone else.:rolleyes:

So Brennan takes that mark at the end of the first quarter and the siren goes. He then lines up sideways, about to play on and better the angle. Then gaz and someone else has to tell him that he can't do that because it's play on.

You really have to wonder don't ya. That's a pretty simple rule. For an elite player not to know that, you have to wonder if he cares, if he puts in or if he's actually an idiot.

id give you 3 out of 3 for that post!:thumbsu:

With you on that Tigernova an out and out dud.... I watched him and he had no idea what was going on. Even my grandson was yelling at him to just have a shot and he is 10.
I know you cop a bit of flack for your posts regarding Brennan but I am with you. We should demand more of him and get it. The amount the club has paid for him, Brown and this year Risch is money down the drain.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back