Jared Brennan's party tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure he took one over Bartel last year and he held the ball up (much like D.White), and Bartel was verbally abusing him as he was doing it:thumbsu:

He's done a fair few, mainly at the start of his career where I can hardly think of a time he ever put two hands to the ball.

Then again, this is the player where my friends and I joke that nobody knows what he's going to do, even he doesn't know until it happens.

Indeed TBD and this is what ‘x-factor’ is all about, nobody seems to know what will occur next when Jared has the ball and how much of a bonus is that to have over the opposition? Provided up ahead he has team mates providing another few options, it basically comes down to effective disposal I look/hope for more than actual 'so called' correct decision making.

the guy is an out-and-out freak. thats a good thing though. the term x-factor doesnt begin to describe all the insanely awesome things he can do.

when i play, my number is always 17. at training and during pre-game warm-ups, i always do a few one-handers (or at least i try to) to get the team's spirit up. works every time.

hahahha my current fav player due to all the previosly mentioned reasons :D Damn hes amazing to watch

When kicking the footy with my mates i like to pretend i have brennan hands LOL and always go for the one handers and make sure the ball never gets past me :p

Cant wait to see Brennan and the boys this sunday :)

GO BRENNAN :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

GO LIONS :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I have memory of a Damien Cupido one handed speccie at the gabba many years ago and now he's an overweight has-been playing for West Adelaide.

I have memory of a Damien Cupido one handed speccie at the gabba many years ago and now he's an overweight has-been playing for West Adelaide.
That was in one of his first games and he was odds on to be a star...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poetry. Blokes like this are why you go to the footy.

Always been unfairly bagged - IMO - players like him have quiet periods. And he has never got enough accolades for the work he does like feeding clean ball out of packs in situations impossible for mere mortals.

Look at the 2002 draft.
1.Goddard
2.Wells
3.Brennan
4.Walsh (a dozen games for Footscray)
After this there are some good footballers, but at this stage the only one rated higher is Goddard, IMO. And that not by much. JB must be the most versatile footballer in the game.

p.s. the winners in that draft were the Crows. Bock & Rutten rookied.

Poetry. Blokes like this are why you go to the footy.

Always been unfairly bagged - IMO - players like him have quiet periods. And he has never got enough accolades for the work he does like feeding clean ball out of packs in situations impossible for mere mortals.

Look at the 2002 draft.
1.Goddard
2.Wells
3.Brennan
4.Walsh (a dozen games for Footscray)
After this there are some good footballers, but at this stage the only one rated higher is Goddard, IMO. And that not by much. JB must be the most versatile footballer in the game.

p.s. the winners in that draft were the Crows. Bock & Rutten rookied.

Refresh me, how did we get number 3 in 2002?

Refresh me, how did we get number 3 in 2002?

Des Headland trade, we got picks 3 & 19 from Freo.

Used them on Brennan and Selwood.

We traded away our own first round pick (15) along with Damien Cupido in exchange for Caracella.

I loved watching Cupido play! He had cult-like status from memory too. We could use a player like him in our side at the moment.

I loved watching Cupido play! He had cult-like status from memory too. We could use a player like him in our side at the moment.

Watched him play SANFL about a month ago. Was distributing quite nicely from the half back line with that deadly left boot. Ran on and proved dangerous as well with a few goals. Definitely carrying extra size on his AFL days though. Don't think he ever had the discipline to keep his fitness at AFL level. Was a shame, he had serious potential.

Round 12 party tricks. Can we wrestle the Inspector Gadget label off Fletcher?

First quarter, Brennan taps the ball out from the centre bounce, roves it himself, picks it up and clears it long to Clark who goals.

Our ruckmen being the only two who touched the ball that play .

Jared is mercurial. At one stage in the last qtr he feigned the the jump at the centre bounce and the Hawthorn ruckman actually tapped it to him.

No....didn't need him and got shod of him to the Bombers.

Gifted but lazy and selfish player.

I can clearly recall a few Bomber supporters coming on here a few years ago, trumpeting him as a huge acquisition and sarcastically "thanking" us for handing them a future "champion"

After a few show-boating but totally ineffectual performances, Essendon wised up to him, dumped him from their Seniors and he faded into obscurity.

Never did hear back from those Bummer posters after that:D

The high and lows within five seconds... drops an uncontested mark a foot in front of goal, turns around and does a goalkeeper save to keep the ball back in after Sewell (?) gets a foot to it, and then tangles himself around Sewell to prevent another goal attempt and rushes the behind.

183748.jpg

(round 11 photo by Mervyn Lowe for Slattery Media Group)

There must be quite a number of these photo captures by now. Still, never ceases to amaze.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back