Autopsy Jared & Jasper's revenge: North v Port, round 22, 2019

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
It was written in the preview thread:
I have read this thread and I totally understand the overall mood around here. Still, as a Port barracker, I am scared to death. I don't believe in us. I think this game has "deflating loss" written all over it.

We are coming from two dominant wins, one at the Docklands. Moreover, you all are coming from an absolutely ridiculous loss after an emotional win against Hawthorn in primetime on your 150th anniversary.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see Port winning this...

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Kern said in his press conference that North did a lot differently to how they had been playing.

I went tonight with such low expectations and they were smashed. So. Much. Fun. The crowd in the last quarter willing Browny on was so great, and when he got it (RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!) the place exploded. The cheers every time Scooter touched the ball or ran to the bench, the constant cheers for Pittard (how good was he? And how often did he and Polec combine?), Ben10 and Jy and Jack and Goldy immense in the contest all night. The only part of the game Port came close to breaking even was in the third when they got a series of frees in the centre to be able to clear it. Could not get it out any other way, the way Goldy owned the ruck contest. Give him however many years he wants btw.

Such a great way to wave goodbye to 2019 and look ahead to 2020 - hope next week is more of the same. fu** draft order. Belief is more valuable.

Were you on Level 1 GA?

That 10th goal was the best.

Don’t video much at the footy but I got that one

Dunno if we were chanting Benny or Browny

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wow, what a showing. Was a great cut across to metal mick when bbb kicked his 7th i think.
Stil concerned with garner and turners disposal for forwards. On the plus side jasper was awesome, taking on his old team mates, few bounces.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Silver finger

Senior List
Mar 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is the most emotional comment from Port thread.

”Such a ridiculous loss.

Why is it every ******* year when we get the chance to cement ourselves inside the 8 we do this. In 2017 we got smacked against Adelaide. Last year we get smacked by a terrible Freo. This year we do this against a team that kicked 1 ******* goal last week.

Pathetic Port. I'm beyond caring. ”

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Were you on Level 1 GA?

That 10th goal was the best.

Don’t video much at the footy but I got that one

Dunno if we were chanting Benny or Browny
Level 1 AFL members, for the fourth I was in the bay near North’s forward pocket, all North supporters, literally right next to where Ben marked and kicked his tenth. Crowd on their feet chanting “Benny! Benny! Benny!”

Also right near where Goldy tapped to Jy for his goal. Close to ripping off my jacket to dance around with my new 150th jumper with 12 on the back (just a little too old and little too cold, but very excited).

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Jeez Polec was very good, time for another group wristie! I'll start proceedings.

I wouldn't do that mate.

You have to eat the biscuit.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Level 1 AFL members, for the fourth I was in the bay near North’s forward pocket, all North supporters, literally right next to where Ben marked and kicked his tenth. Crowd on their feet chanting “Benny! Benny! Benny!”

Also right near where Goldy tapped to Jy for his goal. Close to ripping off my jacket to dance around with my new 150th jumper with 12 on the back (just a little too old and little too cold, but very excited).

We were very close to each other

I was on the 50m arc Level 1 Docklands side

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I loved our fast and slick ball movement. It was awesome to watch.

When was the last time you can remember associating that word with North?!

How the fu** did we go from a side which couldn't hit a target 25m away to pulling off all kinds of cheeky kicks?

I've been saying all last week that the effort against the Cats was due to fatigue. I now firmly believe it. Emotionally and physically drained against the Cats

Back