Autopsy Jared & Jasper's revenge: North v Port, round 22, 2019

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
New post up explaining the difference in ball movement and style last night and how it rattled Port: https://theshinboner.com/2019/08/18...ort-adelaide-match-review-ben-brown-10-goals/
View attachment 729151
I’ve had this shared this same view with other North supporting relatives for a few years now. Our forwards used to all lead in the same direction/corridor at the same time. This was as dumb as it sounds, having 3 key forwards lead for the ball like that is only going to allow the defence to contest the mark as a team. Now we can actually use our forward line properly, because the leading patterns have changed. A comparison can be made with modern basketball, where ‘floor spacing’ is pivotal to a potent offence. There is space to lead.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
A huge tick for Shaw and the coaching team, for learning and changing the game style so quickly and effectively, and for the entire team for executing it so well.

Excellent analysis and this can't be stated enough.

It was a magnificent tactical turnaround & execution, and he has to have absolute player buy in to make it happen.

He has it, and that's half of the struggle.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
" and we'll never, ever find enough tarp's.... "

032012-david-koch.jpg

Last edited:

LETSGOKANGAS

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2007
Holding fast for take off
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was sitting in the North Members area last night, everyone two rows in front of us won North signed Jumpers. There was a group of 4 Port supporters there for some reason and they all got jumpers. Bulls**t!

Can confirm one of those jumpers scored by a port supporter ended up with a proper North family by 3rd qtr.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I was sitting in the North Members area last night, everyone two rows in front of us won North signed Jumpers. There was a group of 4 Port supporters there for some reason and they all got jumpers. Bulls**t!

You can thank your fellow Members for the ring ins I suppose

It’s why I never buy a Reserve Seat

Back