Recommitted Jared Polec [contracted and staying at North Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t the reason he sucks now because he’s playing through a foot problem that won’t heal or am I misremembering?
That’s now fine more so just doesn’t suit the way we play

he’s better in a team that isn’t rebuilding where he can play more aggressively and the game is more on his terms as opposed to being on the back foot

a team in or close to the 8 needing an extra attacking wingman would fit best and would get him cheap.

think Cats if they wanted to continue topping up, tigers, saints, essendon, blues all come to mind

Remember watching this guy run around in 2018 and thinking he was going to be our best player at some point. Incredible line breaking speed, beautiful damaging left foot, and on his day can rack up the possessions. Decided money was more important than getting the best out of himself and I don’t hold it against him but I was and still am disappointed. Such a waste.

A team like Gold Coast could do a lot worse.
Why do we need everyone’s scraps?

Isn’t the reason he sucks now because he’s playing through a foot problem that won’t heal or am I misremembering?
Yep. Despite the garbage written about him, he has been pretty good for us when he plays. Unfortunately his body mostly won't let him. He would be well suited to our current game plan / ball movement - if we could get him right.

Remember watching this guy run around in 2018 and thinking he was going to be our best player at some point. Incredible line breaking speed, beautiful damaging left foot, and on his day can rack up the possessions. Decided money was more important than getting the best out of himself and I don’t hold it against him but I was and still am disappointed. Such a waste.

A team like Gold Coast could do a lot worse.
His way out of his league wife wanted to move to Melbourne. And North, desperate to get someone gave him a big front loaded contract. Also worked out really well because North had a top 10 pick in a super draft that they were never going to be able to use because of bids on Tarryn Thomas.

His way out of his league wife wanted to move to Melbourne. And North, desperate to get someone gave him a big front loaded contract. Also worked out really well because North had a top 10 pick in a super draft that they were never going to be able to use because of bids on Tarryn Thomas.
Well summed up

he hasn’t worked out for us but we didn’t really lose much by getting him other than the opportunity cost of bringing in someone else on that wage but their weren’t many keen to come either

hopefully we can find him a new home for anything

Well summed up

he hasn’t worked out for us but we didn’t really lose much by getting him other than the opportunity cost of bringing in someone else on that wage but their weren’t many keen to come either

hopefully we can find him a new home for anything

We lost a first round draft pick.

We could have traded out our first rounder in 2018, for a first rounder in 2019. Thus still getting Thomas and extracting additional value.

Unfortunately we had terrible list management at the time that were desperate to not rebuild.

We lost a first round draft pick.

We could have traded out our first rounder in 2018, for a first rounder in 2019. Thus still getting Thomas and extracting additional value.

Unfortunately we had terrible list management at the time that were desperate to not rebuild.
No doubt we could have worked it better

Anyway best for both now to find a new home

Why do we need everyone’s scraps?
Polec was always an interesting one and I always thought the mercenary role wasn't really his thing.

When he is engaged and keen to work hard, he could be anything. As it has been said he has plenty of speed, great kick and can get himself on the end of the ball.
When he was off and bit in the right head space he was terrible.

Not sure a move up North would get the best out of him.

Polec was always an interesting one and I always thought the mercenary role wasn't really his thing.

When he is engaged and keen to work hard, he could be anything. As it has been said he has plenty of speed, great kick and can get himself on the end of the ball.
When he was off and bit in the right head space he was terrible.

Not sure a move up North would get the best out of him.
Yeah if he goes it would be to a Victorian club

Some talk Swans interested as a dfa.
Not sure why as we have Blakey playing that role.

But we have recruited Sam Gray, Lewis Taylor and Kaiden Brand in recent times so nothing would surprise me....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some talk Swans interested as a dfa.
Not sure why as we have Blakey playing that role.

But we have recruited Sam Gray, Lewis Taylor and Brand in recent times so nothing would surprise me....
Crazy add Campbell and Gulden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back