Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were prepared to lose Wines/Wingard for Polec by signing him up before we knew how much money Wines wanted, that’s not good business.

Neither is having an open cheque book and needing to wait to sign Wines first to see whats left.
I don't suspect that's the case, and I don't suspect we had to wait to sign Wines to know whats left. The Polec decision (which I'm ok with) seems purely about Polecs value and durability.

Good business is paying players what they are worth and not breaking the bank for one.

And being willing to pay Wines whatever he wanted, at the expense of losing another good (if no better) player is good business?

Not whatever he wanted - we did offer Polec a contract from day one. We just couldn’t negotiate until we knew how much was left.

Not whatever he wanted - we did offer Polec a contract from day one. We just couldn’t negotiate until we knew how much was left.
Which means that Polec was expendable, depending on Wines' requests. No wonder he left.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

We shouldn't of overpaid Motlop and Rockcliff to get them here and we wouldn't be in this position.

How many times do you have to be told that had no bearing before it sinks in? We have enough to pay Polec what North have offered. We don't believe he is worth it. Nobody does, but North. Please stop derailing threads with ill-informed nonsense.

How many times do you have to be told that had no bearing before it sinks in? We have enough to pay Polec what North have offered. We don't believe he is worth it. Nobody does, but North. Please stop derailing threads with ill-informed nonsense.

So we don't believe he's worth the extra year but a another injury prone player like Rockcliff was? How am I derailing the thread? This just smells of s**t list management again. Certainly he's not worth what North have offered him but it shouldn't of got to that point.

So we don't believe he's worth the extra year but a another injury prone player like Rockcliff was? How am I derailing the thread? This just smells of s**t list management again. Certainly he's not worth what North have offered him but it shouldn't of got to that point.
Come on fella, I hope I’m not being too harsh, but it feels like a hundred repetitive posts by you complaining about what now is a fait accompli..We get you’re frustrated but can’t you move on to other things now?

This is a thread about Jared Polec not list management. Go to a thread about list management if that's what you want to talk about. Then you won't be derailing the thread. But give up the bullshit about blaming Rockliff and Motlop (and probably Watts). This has nothing to do with them. If you really desperately have to and want to whinge and bitch and moan about what they are being paid there are other threads.

This is a thread about Jared Polec not list management. Go to a thread about list management if that's what you want to talk about. Then you won't be derailing the thread. But give up the bullshit about blaming Rockliff and Motlop (and probably Watts). This has nothing to do with them. If you really desperately have to and want to whinge and bitch and moan about what they are being paid there are other threads.

It'd be nice if he could be respectful and learn to spell Rockliff's name, too.

Neither is having an open cheque book and needing to wait to sign Wines first to see whats left.
I don't suspect that's the case, and I don't suspect we had to wait to sign Wines to know whats left. The Polec decision (which I'm ok with) seems purely about Polecs value and durability.

Good business is paying players what they are worth and not breaking the bank for one.

Exactly.

Planning and management of the salary cap is done years in advance. Market values are assessed and players are paid what they are reasonably worth. There would be some wriggle room but not a lot. The amount we allocated to Polec is fair and reasonable, the fact that North made a stupid offer is not our fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which means that Polec was expendable, depending on Wines' requests. No wonder he left.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

No it doesn’t, it means Wines was a higher priority.

This. His management were playing games from day one and were not up front and transparent about what offers they already had on the table early on, and what it would take to keep Jared.

The club and TLA went around in circles for months (similar thing happened with the Ollie negotiations with TLA).

I hope I’m not talking out of turn but TLA only came to the party with an "official ballpark figure" AFTER it was leaked out to the club by the media. Even still, the club wished Jared well and understood that it was an offer too good to refuse.

Last edited:
This. His management were playing games from day one and were not up front and transparent about what offers they had on the table early on, and what it would take to keep Jared.

The club and TLA went around in circles for months (similar thing happened with the Ollie negotiations with TLA).

I hope I’m not talking out of turn but TLA only came to the party with an official figure AFTER it was leaked out to the club by the media. Even still, the club wished Jared well and understood that it was an offer too good to refuse.

So in reality this sounds like a case of the club doing what’s right wrt their pay structure, but ultimately north had too much money to throw around.

And on top of that throw in management teams doing what management teams do .....

In this case the club seems to have done the right thing.

Pretty much. The common thinking is that TLA were stalling and Jared had no intention of negotiating/signing with Port (knowing how much money was already on offer).

Always appreciate your straight down the line information.

The club has absolutely done the right thing in my humble opinion.

He’s a good to very good footballer but he is not 750k per year good. I know I’m in the minority around here but I think he is a 500k -550k per year player. Might want to stick a tackle before I rate him any higher.

So basically Jared was going to Melbourne regardless cause he’s a pussy whipped mercenary bitch, and North came in with the highest offer.

The whole “my manager is overseas” bullshit.

Trying to paint Port as not coming to the table and if we had offered more he might have stayed.

Didn’t I say his best was only due to trying to pump up his dollars to potential suitors?

Now I definitely know we won’t miss him.

So basically Jared was going to Melbourne regardless cause he’s a pussy whipped mercenary bitch, and North came in with the highest offer.

The whole “my manager is overseas” bullshit.

Trying to paint Port as not coming to the table and if we had offered more he might have stayed.

Didn’t I say his best was only due to trying to pump up his dollars to potential suitors?

Now I definitely know we won’t miss him.
Just stop you sound like a crows fan.

Just stop you sound like a crows fan.

If Polec went to Collingwood, Melbourne, Richmond, Hawthorn or any other successful or potentially successful club I wouldn’t have any issue with it. When Lever left, it was to go to a club that is now in a prelim final.

He wants to go to North Melbourne because they are paying the most money. That’s it.

I wish Polec well.

He was a quality player for port but it’s now onwards and upwards.

Both Polec and the club agreeing to what’s best for them.

Fingers crossed we recruit two or more midfielders with speed, quality execution and know the value of tackling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back