Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s the thing... he was so desperate to “come home”, he was “home sick” etc. He’s not long home and he’s all like “oh no I never intended on staying here, I always wanted to end up in Victoria!”

I know the little missus is from Vic but gee he was quick to dump you guys for Vic, she is either a colossally good root or something has gone wrong I reckon. There’s been rumours too and there’s usually no smoke without fire.

It’s just really, really surprising, that’s all. He came home and it looked like he would be set with you guys for all his career. At least 150 games anyway... what weng wrong?? There is more to this story, has to be.

This should answer your question mate.

CF9D62C6-41E8-4054-A0FE-65D0B89388AE.jpeg

No quite the opposite here friend, I sympathise with you guys. I think it’s a real shame that this fell apart, you had a really good - and getting better - player on your hands here who requested to come to you. Then - seemingly on a whim - he up and leaves for a slightly better offer. (And remember after cost of living the offer is only slightly better, if anything). For some reason he decides that the club he wanted to “come home to” is untenable all of a sudden.

It’s very odd.
It's not odd money talks and bullshit walks

Yeah I’ve seen that pic before she’s pretty hot, now anyway. Certainly way out of his league, if he wasn’t a footballer. Apparently pretty keen for kids though, so enjoy the looks while they last Jared!
He has actually already stated he used the 'homesick' card to help get out of Brisbane. He just wanted a change of footy environment to try to kickstart his career. This time, it is a s**t load of money and years of contract. Cannot say I blame him. Had the deals been a bit closer he would have stayed, but we did the best thing for us, and he for him.

Trolling? Nothing could be further from the truth, friend. I’m on your side here, I agree with you guys that it’s very odd, and think you’ve been harshly treated by Polec. I just am interested to know why, what happened?

But you're the only one that keeps saying it's odd!!
We offered him a contract, norf gave a godfather deal which we didn't choose to match or close in on, his missus wanted to return to victoria, he decided to take the money and keep his partner happy - it's really not that 'odd' at all.

Someone's still shitty about 2004.

I wouldn’t be reading much into Duritz’s club being listed as Brisbane. Years ago he was a Melbourne supporter posting under the name Arabian Goggles. What we do know is he doesn’t particularly like Port and is a serial troll across many boards.

I don't mind old mate Duritz but it's pretty amazing that he hasn't been permabanned at some point after 15 years of this.

Anyways, one difference between Polec leaving Port and leaving Brisbane is that we'll get a first rounder for him, whereas the muppet show up at Brisbane couldn't wrangle an extra first rounder out of Polec, Yeo and Docherty combined.

Trolling? Nothing could be further from the truth, friend. I’m on your side here, I agree with you guys that it’s very odd, and think you’ve been harshly treated by Polec. I just am interested to know why, what happened?

Look bud your Polec comments are fine but as soon as you had a little dig about Rockliff you should realise you were out of line and trolling. Keep it on topic.

Look bud your Polec comments are fine but as soon as you had a little dig about Rockliff you should realise you were out of line and trolling. Keep it on topic.

Lol. He does. I'm guessing this is your first Duritz experience?

This post is like warning Doctor Feel that might have just accidentally shitposted.

Lol. He does. I'm guessing this is your first Duritz experience?

This post is like warning Doctor Feel that might have just accidentally shitposted.

Haha yeah I'm not really down with the who's who of opposition posters.

That’s the thing... he was so desperate to “come home”, he was “home sick” etc. He’s not long home and he’s all like “oh no I never intended on staying here, I always wanted to end up in Victoria!”

I know the little missus is from Vic but gee he was quick to dump you guys for Vic, she is either a colossally good root or something has gone wrong I reckon. There’s been rumours too and there’s usually no smoke without fire.

It’s just really, really surprising, that’s all. He came home and it looked like he would be set with you guys for all his career. At least 150 games anyway... what weng wrong?? There is more to this story, has to be.

You really are a pathetic individual aren't you. Maybe just maybe they are 2 really good young people who genuinely like each other and trying to build a life for themselves. Maybe he was homesick as many young people are want to be when they first move out of home and wanted to come back to Adelaide to further his career but has since matured and now moving away from Adelaide is not as daunting as it once was. Maybe his girlfriend has been feeling a little homesick for the past few years and misses her family or has put her career on hold in support of her partners career. Maybe he now has a once in a lifetime opportunity to secure his financial well being for him and his family for the rest of his life and has decided that this move is the best for him and his families future. But NO the obvious answer in your pathetic little mind is that she must be a good #%&@ or something has else has "gone wrong". Show some respect and maturity and maybe others will take you seriously in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

559274_f59d857248d9b365e09c8043b9c95bf7.png

How smug will we be when we get pick 10 for Polec.. why be aspirational when we can be realistic
pick 7 + McGovern for pick 3 i guess is a possibility. values McGovern at pick 32 under pts system.
Tweet from Channel 7 is what you would expect. At first glance it looks like a McGovern for pick 3 straight swap which all the cows numpties will lap up. But the option suggested by REH seems the more likely. Pick 3 is worth 2234 pts, 7 is 1644 points; 2234-1644=590 points or pick 32. May also be an exchange of later picks.

Lol look, you are one of the better trolls on here.

At least with Duritz you know he's trolling, unlike the subaru types who are genuinely just that stupid.

I’ve come to terms pretty quickly with this.
If I ever saw Jared in an appropriate environment, I would thank him for his time with us. These guys punish their bodies (by choice and with compensation) and when he left Brisbane he chose us.
I hope we do well out of the pick and have no feelings of benevolence towards his future club.

I would have if he'd kept his mouth shut. Now he just sounds like a petulant child.

I don't mind old mate Duritz but it's pretty amazing that he hasn't been permabanned at some point after 15 years of this.

Anyways, one difference between Polec leaving Port and leaving Brisbane is that we'll get a first rounder for him, whereas the muppet show up at Brisbane couldn't wrangle an extra first rounder out of Polec, Yeo and Docherty combined.

Every time you read the list of who left you can't but shake your head. Two are just about the best players at their club and Polly will be close at North.

At least with Duritz you know he's trolling, unlike the subaru types who are genuinely just that stupid.

The best trolls are basically coming from a position with no emotion, which makes them very hard to beat or get one over them. The Subaru’s of the world are always one pin point sledge away from a complete mental breakdown.

The best trolls are basically coming from a position with no emotion, which makes them very hard to beat or get one over them. The Subaru’s of the world are always one pin point sledge away from a complete mental breakdown.

Imagine dedicating so much time to that though. At least Stephen Rowe is getting paid to annoy people.

At least he’s making more sense than all those recent tourists from North Footscray. Low bar but still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back