Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to end this thread isn't it.

Considering he hasn't been traded yet, maybe we might just go ahead and keep it open. You don't have to click on it if you don't want to.

559274_f59d857248d9b365e09c8043b9c95bf7.png

How smug will we be when we get pick 10 for Polec.. why be aspirational when we can be realistic
Didn't he want to go play in Melbourne?
Can't ship him off to the Gold Coast if he doesn't want to go...

Just means there would be other teams involved in the trade, with #3 ultimately heading to the Crows (assuming it's true)

Like who?
Reading the tweet (I know, it's dangerous considering who's tweeting it) there's no talk of a third club.
And if there was a third club involved the tweet would be worded differently IMHO - even from the prawns at 7.

Port should jump in on that trade. Doesn't your club have Wingard on the table?

Port: 3 & 17 (Gold Coast)
Gold Coast: Wingard + 11 & 46 (Port)
North: Polec + 29 (Gold Coast)

This values Wingard at ~ pick 7-8 for Gold Coast.

Port snags Rankine/Lukosious, still has pick 8-9 (Rozee/Hately), and picks up 17 as well.

Port draft: 3, 8-9, 17, 21, 27, 45
Gold Coast draft: 2, 11, 26, 38, 41, 46

Port should jump in on that trade. Doesn't your club have Wingard on the table?

Port: 3 & 17 (Gold Coast)
Gold Coast: Wingard + 11 & 46 (Port)
North: Polec + 29 (Gold Coast)

This values Wingard at ~ pick 7-8 for Gold Coast.

Port snags Rankine/Lukosious, still has pick 8-9 (Rozee/Hately), and picks up 17 as well.

Port draft: 3, 8-9, 17, 21, 27, 45
Gold Coast draft: 2, 11, 26, 38, 41, 46
Except Wingard wouldn’t agree to that. Too far away from his family and his ‘brothers’ Impey and Jacko.

Like who?
Reading the tweet (I know, it's dangerous considering who's tweeting it) there's no talk of a third club.
And if there was a third club involved the tweet would be worded differently IMHO - even from the prawns at 7.

So do the maths........... if he wouldn't want to go to Gold Coast, but pick 3 is involved, there must be other clubs involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do the maths........... if he wouldn't want to go to Gold Coast, but pick 3 is involved, there must be other clubs involved.
Do the math?
Read the tweet again. There's no mention, suggestion or inclination that a third party is involved.

If an employer offered you 2 extra years on your current contract offer and waved a 25% pay increase at you what would you do?

People need to get a grip
If said employee was wasting away as a rookie on a rookie wage somewhere...
and was also of poor health with poor long term job prospects...

And then another employer showed faith in him and gave him a job with a much higher wage and onjob training that raised/realised his skill level and also helped heal his injuries so much so that he became one of the companies top employees..

Well I reckon that employer has a right to feel aggrieved if this staff member up and left him for another job

Its irrelevent to the employer what the employees new contract is... he can still feel aggrieved

PAFC is everything to many on here.... their religion even.... what makes them happy during the year

It's tribal...... ( try leaving a bike club and see how happy they are for you)

It's a love affair with the club.... ( mate you should be happy your wife left you for a younger richer man ... she now has a longer contract with more money .... be happy for her mate.... what's your problem )

So good on Polly for looking after Polly

But why do we have to like what Polec has done?

Stuff him I reckon

He's an ex

Last edited:
If said employee was wasting away as a rookie on a rookie wage somewhere
And was also of poor Health with poor long term job prospects

And then another employer showed faith in him and gave him a job with a much higher wage and on job training that raised his skill level and also helped heal his injuries so much so that he became one of the companies top employees..

Well I reckon that employer has a right to feel aggrieved if this staff member up and left him for another job

Its irrelevent to the employer what the employees new contract is... he can still feel aggrieved

So good on Polly for looking after Polly

But why do we have to like what Polec has done?

Stuff him I reckon
Over paying and long contracts to pry players out of other clubs is gonna happen more and more we've done it just like everyone else.

Club loyalties only stretch so far when these sort of offers are made Polly did the right thing for his situation and history, he had to maximise his career not just his bank account,

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back