Recommitted Jared Polec [contracted and staying at North Melbourne]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Shaw wants to make him more accountable defensively to suit a game plan but it's not necessarily in Polec's footy DNA. It's always worth noting that Polec was a Scott/Joyce signing but I'd still back Shaw to sort him. I don't believe we'll trade him anyway, there's a lot of other blokes nearing the exit.
North have a game plan?

He doesn’t need to be. He got a massive deal over the odds for a long time. Regardless of what happens, he can’t really lose long term.

Exactly. He'll run around at 700k for next 3 years and be done with it. Can't blame him, that's 2 mil for playing in reserves.

Polec and his manager have done really well here.

So you are saying they actually intentionally have not tried? :tearsofjoy:

Sigh, not intentionally no, but I've never seen a group that could give less of a s**t about playing footy. It's a mentally weak group which is about to get razed.

Wonder if the Giants would let Zac Williams go, get a compo pick, then trade Polec in to replace him with North paying half his wage.

Player wise, pretty like for like, they get an extra pick and free up some cap space.

Sigh, not intentionally no, but I've never seen a group that could give less of a sh*t about playing footy. It's a mentally weak group which is about to get razed.
So dont you think instead of thinking they do not give a s**t or not trying, wouldn't it be correct to say they try but are ATM putrid.

Wonder if the Giants would let Zac Williams go, get a compo pick, then trade Polec in to replace him with North paying half his wage.

Player wise, pretty like for like, they get an extra pick and free up some cap space.
They are nothing alike and the only thing they have in common is both have 2 arms and 2 legs

Williams is a GUN player that can win his own ball and plays it hard

Polec is a winger that wouldnt get a look in with the wingers like whitfield in the side

So dont you think instead of thinking they do not give a sh*t or not trying, wouldn't it be correct to say they try but are ATM putrid.

We're dancing around a particular phrasing right now... they're definitely putrid. They look like they want to go home. Skill wise putrid with a lot of guys playing that won't be there next season. Aptitude wise, not far off a couple of other Victorian clubs in Hawthorn or Essendon who equally look like they are counting down to next week.

Polec and his partner have a baby due in December and she is from Melbourne. Not sure how she met Polec but all reports are is vic club or stay at north.

Was that polec that Squibbed it on the hbf

When the score was even?

I haven't watched a North game without my eyes glazed over for about three months now so I'd have to take your word on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels like not that long ago north completely creamed richmond I Shaw's first game.

Looked completely hard as nails

They did the same thing to GWS at the start of the season. Unfortunately our barometer for hardness is Cunnington and his loss was palpable.

They did the same thing to GWS at the start of the season. Unfortunately our barometer for hardness is Cunnington and his loss was palpable.

I have no doubt Shaw will look to instil greater hardness in your team.

Assuming that he does want to stay in Victoria and that North would perhaps continue to pay some of his salary...

Would a fair deal be a straight swap for Geelong's pick (currently 33, see below). Some people mentioned Geelong, he'd become a Polecat!

Or if that is considered too cheap at the North end maybe add an upgrade/swap of picks for North? Geelong 17 for North 25? (Geelong also have 11 and 15)
This would give North 3 first rounders.

Dreamin'?

Assuming that he does want to stay in Victoria and that North would perhaps continue to pay some of his salary...

Would a fair deal be a straight swap for Geelong's pick (currently 33, see below). Some people mentioned Geelong, he'd become a Polecat!

Or if that is considered too cheap at the North end maybe add an upgrade/swap of picks for North? Geelong 17 for North 25? (Geelong also have 11 and 15)
This would give North 3 first rounders.

Dreamin'?

33 is fair if you pay some of his salary but I don't see Geelong wanting polec honestly.

Pies looking to clear even more space with Phillips likely on trade table. Polec would be a fantastic on the wing in our team.

Pies looking to clear even more space with Phillips likely on trade table. Polec would be a fantastic on the wing in our team.

I'm not sure you're clearing much space in the cap by trading out Phillips and bringing in Polec, even with North potentially paying a chunk of his salary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back