Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
As for Kane Cornes, he just sounds like a bitter and twisted flog who carry’s around Power Pom Poms.
Oh like Archer? But good enough to not be a stuffed puppet on the end of a desk while real journalists break news?

Yeah, he's pretty good. Jobs all over the place.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh like Archer? But good enough to not be a stuffed puppet on the end of a desk while real journalists break news?

Yeah, he's pretty good. Jobs all over the place.
Archer isn’t on radio everyday trying to justify why everything Port has done is the right thing and other clubs are negligent.

Bloke is an A Grade knob. If he was a true professional he would put the Pom Poms down and be a bit more objective.

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Typical BF mentality on display in this thread.

Port and North supporters arguing over financials in the hope that they can say we screwed you over lol

Why does there have to be a winner, maybe both clubs got exactly what they want? Now that’s a novel idea!

As for Kane Cornes, he just sounds like a bitter and twisted flog who carry’s around Power Pom Poms.
Mate wanna say that to Groin Guru and Snake Baker? They're the ones spreading this bs.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Archer isn’t on radio everyday trying to justify why everything Port has done is the right thing and other clubs are negligent.

Bloke is an A Grade knob. If he was a true professional he would put the Pom Poms down and be a bit more objective.
Nice selective story.

He's criticised Port as hard as anyone.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate wanna say that to Groun Guru and Snake Baker, they're the ones spreading this bs.
That’s why I said Port and North supporters.

I’m not sure why supporters get so invested in the financial side of AFL? All I care about is the results that my side puts up on the weekend. If Polec and Pittard improve that then the deals a win for me regardless of what salary they get paid.

It’s likr the average Joe that barracks for Collingwood calling supporters of small clubs tin rattlers and paupers, when in reality he may in fact be worse of financially than the person he is trying to denigrate.

It’s a strange anomaly when people attribute the financial status of an organisation that they support but get no financial gain from, to their status.

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That’s why I said Port and North supporters.

I’m not sure why supporters get so invested in the financial side of AFL? All I care about is the results that my side puts up on the weekend. If Polec and Pittard improve that then the deals a win for me regardless of what salary they get paid.

It’s likr the average Joe that barracks for Collingwood calling supporters of small clubs tin rattlers and paupers, when in reality he may in fact be worse of financially than the person he is trying to denigrate.

It’s a strange anomaly when people attribute the financial status of an organisation that they support but get no financial gain from, to their status.
Great call, very true. I mainly pointed out those two because they keep bringing it up and started the whole thing in this thread.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great call, very true. I mainly pointed out those two because they keep bringing it up and started the whole thing in this thread.
Well they may have egg on their face when it’s all said and done?

Personally I’m not sure if Pittard is a good move or not, but I can tell you that if he does play good footy for us I will be cheering for him like every other North supporter.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
So whats peoples thoughts on this trade, People have had time to have a look now and have a rough idea

Are north fans happy with their 2 new recruits ?
have they lived upto expectations so far ?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Lol at these bumps
What does this achieve

Focus on the blokes out of contract up for grabs

Not supposed to achieve anything and neither does any thread, As this is a forum and meant to discuss opinions

Polec had an interesting 17 possession game with no tackles and 3 clangers i wanted to see if the North supporters were happy with their new recruits and do they believe he has been worth the $750k a year or the 1st rounder traded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So whats peoples thoughts on this trade, People have had time to have a look now and have a rough idea

Still kind of miss Polec out there for us, but I definitely wouldn’t pay him what North are and we drafted adequately to replace him.

Not supposed to achieve anything and neither does any thread, As this is a forum and meant to discuss opinions

Polec had an interesting 17 possession game with no tackles and 3 clangers i wanted to see if the North supporters were happy with their new recruits and do they believe he has been worth the $750k a year or the 1st rounder traded
Interesting feel free to head to our board to find out

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Absolutely rapt. The bid for Thomas came at 8, so North would’ve had to use their first pick on Thomas anyway. The way North played it, we got Thomas, Pittard, Polec, Scott, Hall, Tyson, Taylor & Crocker for the same picks they would’ve had to use to get the same draft picks in anyway.

They basically got Polec & Pittard for free picks wise.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

He's on 625k which he's worth and he's also been fine for what we paid.

Far from the problem at the moment.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really feel for pittard. Liked the guy, great club man, great person always up for a chat. But that's a classic pittard game and why no one was upset to see him out of the 22

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
No worries head on over and I’ll give it there

Will keep to discussing players up for grabs in this board
Post it in the game thread ill have a look
Absolutely rapt. The bid for Thomas came at 8, so North would’ve had to use their first pick on Thomas anyway. The way North played it, we got Thomas, Pittard, Polec, Scott, Hall, Tyson, Taylor & Crocker for the same picks they would’ve had to use to get the same draft picks in anyway.

You could always have traded your 1st rounder away without trading it for Polec, Sydney/Eagles did and did well

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns

But in retrospect you could’ve traded that first rounder for a better player who you also might not have had to pay 750k a year.

Even though you had cap space and all it’s not good for team morale when other players on the team see a bloke like that come in on that sort of coin just for the sake of spending it and he doesn’t play like a star that he should be with the money he commanded.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Most articles mention the $750k have not seen any with $625,000 do you have a link or is it inside word ?

It's completely inside word and I'm very happy to stand by it.

Back