Confirmed Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and pk48 for pk11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rad Roo

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Port don't have any salary problems like anyone thought? **** Pitard sounds like paying doesn't matter, rather him gone so Ken can't select him.

Hmmm interesting Warchest anyone? Can't wait for next years free agency now Boak, Ryder and R. Gray ooc also Chad may leave this year. We'll legit have more space then North, May if he stays or Coniliglio as a free agent heck we could make a play for Kelly. If we're struggling to hit the salary floor now imagine Port next year.
Kelly trade is only with north........congnilio is already in talk with hawthorn

Rad Roo

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While the age profile of recruits might raise eyebrows, it’s not like professional footballers forget how to play, lose all value and talent at the ripe old age of 26/27
25 to 30 is prime.........gems that we got. Our club has the ability to get mid level recruits to the next level.

Adz2332

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thread starter #2,456
oh if the source is 7 news im fine with it not being right.
But anyway neither here nor there. its a salary dump if its only dumping a dollar. or more importantly isnt there for ken to select in the 22!

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Haha 7 Adelaide covering Port is not a source should see other things they've covered when it's about Port. Doesn't make sense either, trade Wingard to lose cap space but pay some of Pitards? Makes sense, not.
Mate, you quote Tredrea and Cornes as if they're gospel, then slag off this bloke as if he isn't credible.

I believe him, and I don't care if you don't as you have been proven as inconsistent and therefore not credible.

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, but now we have all 4.

We also made a conscious decision to bring in young 18 year olds, Thomas and Scott. Plus whichever other kids we draft.
We have Gaff and Hickey. Could have either, both or none.

You still have the age profile of a team that should be contending. Are you a contender?

PonsfordMagpie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Interesting to see the pittard port relationship seemed to be on the rocks. Port saying he was down the pecking order in his exit interview.
He’s filling a need - to what quality he does that is a wait-and-see. Hopefully a move back home to Melbourne is the change he needs to be happy about his footy again.
He’s effectively replacing Clarke who we playing out of position getting him to run out of defence.
Should strengthen the squad Jasper - can’t see to much going wrong with it
I think Pittard also had aspirations to return to Victoria, despite re-signing with Port in 2017.

I say this because he bought a home in inner Melbourne from my cousin in 2016, and it actually surprised me he re-committed to Port last year. I think Polec and Pittard are good acquisitions for the Kangas.

rainwizard39

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mate, you quote Tredrea and Cornes as if they're gospel, then slag off this bloke as if he isn't credible.

I believe him, and I don't care if you don't as you have been proven as inconsistent and therefore not credible.
When have I ever believed Cornes? Lol. Doesn't surprise me people only have to hear about your big tantrum on the Gaff thread to know you'd believe your own BS to suit yourself. You are the least credible and believable person on bigfooty if believe something about North it's most likely BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotland

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
West Coast
When have I ever believed Cornes? Lol. Doesn't surprise me people only have to hear about your big tantrum on the Gaff thread to know you'd believe your own BS to suit yourself. You are the least credible and believable person on bigfooty if believe something about North it's most likely BS.
North need Port to pay half of Pittard's salary so they can put the rest towards Josh Kelly.

rainwizard39

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
North need Port to pay half of Pittard's salary so they can put the rest towards Josh Kelly.
Hahaha, mate I hope for Snakes sake Kelly goes there imagine the sook if he stayed or chose another club. They missed out on Gaff on a $1.3mil a year deal and Goldy is ooc next year on a $800k contract if they couldn't get Kelly from $2.1mil I don't think they have a chance. Or they're overpaying Hall massively.

Can't see North being that competitive next year and will miss the 8 by a bit, Polec isn't enough to get them there. Doubt Kelly, like all players they chase, wants to go there.

Roosurgence

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Typical BF mentality on display in this thread.

Port and North supporters arguing over financials in the hope that they can say we screwed you over lol

Why does there have to be a winner, maybe both clubs got exactly what they want? Now that’s a novel idea!

As for Kane Cornes, he just sounds like a bitter and twisted flog who carry’s around Power Pom Poms.

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
As for Kane Cornes, he just sounds like a bitter and twisted flog who carry’s around Power Pom Poms.
Oh like Archer? But good enough to not be a stuffed puppet on the end of a desk while real journalists break news?

Yeah, he's pretty good. Jobs all over the place.

Roosurgence

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh like Archer? But good enough to not be a stuffed puppet on the end of a desk while real journalists break news?

Yeah, he's pretty good. Jobs all over the place.
Archer isn’t on radio everyday trying to justify why everything Port has done is the right thing and other clubs are negligent.

Bloke is an A Grade knob. If he was a true professional he would put the Pom Poms down and be a bit more objective.

rainwizard39

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Typical BF mentality on display in this thread.

Port and North supporters arguing over financials in the hope that they can say we screwed you over lol

Why does there have to be a winner, maybe both clubs got exactly what they want? Now that’s a novel idea!

Mate wanna say that to Groin Guru and Snake Baker? They're the ones spreading this bs.

PAFC_1870

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Archer isn’t on radio everyday trying to justify why everything Port has done is the right thing and other clubs are negligent.

Bloke is an A Grade knob. If he was a true professional he would put the Pom Poms down and be a bit more objective.
Nice selective story.

He's criticised Port as hard as anyone.

Roosurgence

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mate wanna say that to Groun Guru and Snake Baker, they're the ones spreading this bs.
That’s why I said Port and North supporters.

I’m not sure why supporters get so invested in the financial side of AFL? All I care about is the results that my side puts up on the weekend. If Polec and Pittard improve that then the deals a win for me regardless of what salary they get paid.

It’s likr the average Joe that barracks for Collingwood calling supporters of small clubs tin rattlers and paupers, when in reality he may in fact be worse of financially than the person he is trying to denigrate.

It’s a strange anomaly when people attribute the financial status of an organisation that they support but get no financial gain from, to their status.

rainwizard39

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That’s why I said Port and North supporters.

I’m not sure why supporters get so invested in the financial side of AFL? All I care about is the results that my side puts up on the weekend. If Polec and Pittard improve that then the deals a win for me regardless of what salary they get paid.

It’s likr the average Joe that barracks for Collingwood calling supporters of small clubs tin rattlers and paupers, when in reality he may in fact be worse of financially than the person he is trying to denigrate.

It’s a strange anomaly when people attribute the financial status of an organisation that they support but get no financial gain from, to their status.
Great call, very true. I mainly pointed out those two because they keep bringing it up and started the whole thing in this thread.

Roosurgence

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great call, very true. I mainly pointed out those two because they keep bringing it up and started the whole thing in this thread.
Well they may have egg on their face when it’s all said and done?

Personally I’m not sure if Pittard is a good move or not, but I can tell you that if he does play good footy for us I will be cheering for him like every other North supporter.

Top Bottom