Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think you need to log off for a bit. This deal has left you cranky.
So much salt.

North have a good record with getting the most out of mature age recruits (Higgins, Waite, Jacobs etc). I'm quietly confident we'll be able to get Pittard back to a high level of play next season.
Are you guys kidding me? I'm thrilled we lost Pitard finally this supposed "cap space" gets loosened more, please do yourselves favours and go check some old game day thread in the port section and see the comments when Pitard gets selected. But hey if you wanna be excited for him go ahead and enjoy.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Are you guys kidding me? I'm thrilled we lost Pitard finally this supposed "cap space" gets loosened more, please do yourselves favours and go check some old game day thread in the port section and see the comments when Pitard gets selected. But hey if you wanna be excited for him go ahead and enjoy.
I'm thrilled. I'm driving the pittard pickup. Going to be a jet at North.

Jun 14, 2017
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide

Tend to agree, seen a lot of Port this year.

Polec is a very good player but Pittard is steak knives, if he gets regular game time then North have a problem.

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
You still sound pretty salty.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Am I the only neutral that thinks North have done well here?

They get their player, plus Pittard who is a classic 'buy low' trade, and use a pick that would have been soaked up by the Thomas bid anyway?

Port have guys like Houston rapidly improving so get the Pittard salary dump as well and that part of the trade doesn't hurt their best 22.

Reckon they killed it.

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Think North come out of this trade clearly ahead but both teams should be reasonably happy with it given Pittards contract and the fact one team has no money and the other has too much.

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
if only you understood like Port do and regularly watched Pitard. But you're right we'll have to wait and see.
FMD can you port fans get over this "woe is me, no one watches us so they don't understand" crap?

I live in Adelaide you numpty, and would've watched 90% of ports games over the last 2 seasons. Pittard looked like a gun in 2016 when you guys were playing a run and gun game plan which suited his style. The last 2 seasons you've changed to an ultra defensive scheme, so a player like Pittard who thrives when dashing out of defence looks up and sees bugger all upfield. Then he gets indecisive and ends up turning it over or getting caught.

North are aiming for outside run this trade period, and trying to add run across half back and the wings. This should suit Pittard to a tee, and I reckon we'll be a real shot at getting him back to playing good footy.

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
FMD can you port fans get over this "woe is me, no one watches us so they don't understand" crap?

I live in Adelaide you numpty, and would've watched 90% of ports games over the last 2 seasons. Pittard looked like a gun in 2016 when you guys were playing a run and gun game plan which suited his style. The last 2 seasons you've changed to an ultra defensive scheme, so a player like Pittard who thrives when dashing out of defence looks up and sees bugger all upfield. Then he gets indecisive and ends up turning it over or getting caught.

North are aiming for outside run this trade period, and trying to add run across half back and the wings. This should suit Pittard to a tee, and I reckon we'll be a real shot at getting him back to playing good footy.
Strange because you should know what he plays like then. Couldn't give a damn if you watched them or not I just assumed because the way your hyping him up. Absolutely he looked a gun in 2016 but that was then this is now, hasn't looked close to it since. This is a dude who would get games in the SANFL a bit this year imagine if Hartlett and Broadbent were fit he may not have played this year.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Think North come out of this trade clearly ahead but both teams should be reasonably happy with it given Pittards contract and the fact one team has no money and the other has too much.
It's just been reported that Port is paying 1/2 of Pittards contract for the next two years. Keeps getting better for North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northwards

Senior List
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
While the age profile of recruits might raise eyebrows, it’s not like professional footballers forget how to play, lose all value and talent at the ripe old age of 26/27

rainwizard39

Club Legend
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trade radio. Said Port are paying 300k of his wages.
Haha who said that? Damo Dish? Because every single one of them have lied so much. Supposedly Watts was having his partially paid also but it was untrue. Can't forget when Damo lied about what Shiel was being offered. Also interesting it wasn't bought up to either list manager when they were both on, hmmm maybe they'd get their lies shut down.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Haha who said that? Damo Dish? Because every single one of them have lied so much. Supposedly Watts was having his partially paid also but it was untrue. Can't forget when Damo lied about what Shiel was being offered. Also interesting it wasn't bought up to either list manager when they were both on, hmmm maybe they'd get their lies shut down.
Your list manager.

Back