Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I live in Adelaide you numpty, and would've watched 90% of ports games over the last 2 seasons. Pittard looked like a gun in 2016 when you guys were playing a run and gun game plan which suited his style. The last 2 seasons you've changed to an ultra defensive scheme
Yeah, you watch heaps of Port games. Ultra defensive team in the last two years? We were the second highest scoring team in the home & away season in 2017. And remember 2017, where the joke was Port couldn't beat anyone in the top 8? Thats because we got burnt a lot on the turn over from run & gun out of defence. Guess who that was.

I can sorta understand why they did it. On paper it looks good but if you analyse Norths list and reaslise most of there talent that actually wins them games are the wrong side of 30....they add two more older running types.

They should have gone to the draft and picked elite runners that would grow with there other kids.

I can sorta understand why they did it. On paper it looks good but if you analyse Norths list and reaslise most of there talent that actually wins them games are the wrong side of 30....they add two more older running types.

They should have gone to the draft and picked elite runners that would grow with there other kids.
You mean TT and Bailey Scott, we'll be fine champ.

Average age of 26y109d in Rd 23 with total games played of 2531.

OUT: Waite (35, 244 games) + whoever
IN: Polec (26, 106), Pittard (27, 126), Hall (28, 103), Tyson (25, 107), Thomas & Scott (18/19, 0 each)

It's an interesting approach. When you are starting the season with 12-14 players with 100+ games played and a team profile of roughly average age 27/total games played 2500-3000 it would suggest you think you are contending.

I think you should head back and recheck that 'analysis' m8. Of the top 10 in the BnF, one is clearly over 30, and we already have a natural replacement for him ready to go, while two more are 30 on the dot. That actually makes "most of our talent that wins us games' on the other side, the so-called right side, of 30.

If anything, we should be doing pretty much exactly what we're doing. Recruiting players in that 25-28 age range to make the most of the 3 or 4 years that Higgins and Goldstein have left and while the likes of Cunnington and co are in their prime, and try to have a crack while the league is as even as it is.

I think we've managed to strike a pretty good balance of building for the present while not leaving us in trouble for the future. We're not completely neglecting young talent. Brown, LDU, Thomas, Simpkin, McKay, Wood, Walker and Blakey is a decent group of 25 and under players to have coming through, and should be hitting their prime as the likes of Cunnignton and Ziebell reach the twilight of their careers.

Think North come out of this trade clearly ahead but both teams should be reasonably happy with it given Pittards contract and the fact one team has no money and the other has too much.

Port still picking up half the bill.

Interesting to see the pittard port relationship seemed to be on the rocks. Port saying he was down the pecking order in his exit interview.
He’s filling a need - to what quality he does that is a wait-and-see. Hopefully a move back home to Melbourne is the change he needs to be happy about his footy again.
He’s effectively replacing Clarke who we playing out of position getting him to run out of defence.
Should strengthen the squad Jasper - can’t see to much going wrong with it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North fans never reveal their sources.
True, I've asked this question to all who've said it and they've never shown me a source. Only one had answered and they heard it once from trade radio, which is strange because it's not kind of thing they'd mention once and never speak about it again or ask Ports list manager when he was on there.

Wonder if Snake Baker had asked his amazing insider buddy.

You mean TT and Bailey Scott, we'll be fine champ.
Lmaoo
A kid rated top 10 and another rated top 25 in the draft
On top of LDU and Ahern who played a handful of games and will play more

Don’t think there has ever been such a swift take down of a troll
Lol

$1.2m over two is a massive salary dump for Port. Helped Kangas get that third rounder though.
Except he's on 400k a year and port are paying 200k of that. Not the dump they were after. According to tredrea Port will struggle to pay the min cap so that's why they are paying some of his wage. North made off like bandits.

Except he's on 400k a year and port are paying 200k of that. Not the dump they were after. According to tredrea Port will struggle to pay the min cap so that's why they are paying some of his wage. North made off like bandits.
So Port don't have any salary problems like anyone thought? **** Pitard sounds like paying doesn't matter, rather him gone so Ken can't select him.

Hmmm interesting Warchest anyone? Can't wait for next years free agency now Boak, Ryder and R. Gray ooc also Chad may leave this year. We'll legit have more space then North, May if he stays or Coniliglio as a free agent heck we could make a play for Kelly. If we're struggling to hit the salary floor now imagine Port next year.

So Port don't have any salary problems like anyone thought? **** Pitard sounds like paying doesn't matter, rather him gone so Ken can't select him.

Hmmm interesting Warchest anyone? Can't wait for next years free agency now Boak, Ryder and R. Gray ooc also Chad may leave this year. We'll legit have more space then North, May if he stays or Coniliglio as a free agent heck we could make a play for Kelly. If we're struggling to hit the salary floor now imagine Port next year.
It's what Tredrea said so cool your jets. No different to Cornes alluding to Polec costing 850k when it was confirmed today to be only 650k. Quite the difference.

It's what Tredrea said so cool your jets. No different to Cornes alluding to Polec costing 850k when it was confirmed today to be only 650k. Quite the difference.
Well everyone from North seems to run with the idea we're paying Jasper. So it's one or the other don't stick to the story to make yourself sound better then ignore the other side of it. You've been harping on all day about it.

Back