Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Polec timed his run well , Had a good 2018 season and got his 'Big Deal' and will play like he always has just a run of the mill player but getting very good coin

Watching him play last night collecting 14/15 touches and no tackles with 3 clangers makes you think - Really
What about his 26 and 1 goal last night? Had more touches than every Tiger player except for your unaccountable back flanker.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
No not his entire career , He has managed a brownlow and a premiership
now whats jack ziebull done

But for you to bring Cotchin into this is clearly an injury troll

He played last night - what injury are you talking about? Stop sooking.

You’ve embarrassed yourself in thread thread like your footy team was embarrassed last night.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
He played last night - what injury are you talking about? Stop sooking.

You’ve embarrassed yourself in thread thread like your footy team was embarrassed last night.
You have mentioned trent cotchin being a seagul after his first game back from injury in a Jarod Polec thread ,Now if you are commenting on his previous years where he has been a premiership captain and all australia as we as winning a brownlow then you are the person thats embarrassing yourself so i can only assume that you are commenting on his current season where he has been injured - Injury Troll and pathetic

Stick to commenting on the seagull getting paid $750k a year which your team gave up a 1st rounder for

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
You have mentioned trent cotchin being a seagul after his first game back from injury in a Jarod Polec thread ,Now if you are commenting on his previous years where he has been a premiership captain and all australia as we as winning a brownlow then you are the person thats embarrassing yourself so i can only assume that you are commenting on his current season where he has been injured - Injury Troll and pathetic

Stick to commenting on the seagull getting paid $750k a year which your team gave up a 1st rounder for

The seagull has played way more than one good game, he’d be top 5 in our B&F.

Luckily we also managed to pick up a generational talent in the process.

Not too many 6”4 aboriginal midfielders other than Goodes that move like Thomas.

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
he was excellent and getting better each week. It can take a while to get used to a new club

Pittard has been better IMO too so that makes a pretty sweet trade

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We love him. Richmond have never beaten him at North.;););)

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Polec is a good player pal. Had a good season. Played well last night. Have a bex and stay off the interwebs

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

That much coin and not near aa contention. Solid b grade player.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
I'm sure there are plenty of blokes on 750k that weren't near AA contention last year. And that's ignoring that the 750k figure is a number that magically came out of South Australia.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Was confirmed but Polec management that’s it’s “pretty close” to $750k..

Where though? I've looked and looked for anything resembling this from a representative of Polec or North but it all links back to SA media, in particular Cornes. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to be illuminated on this - I've been told from an employee at North it was "closer to 600k than what was being bandied about on BF and the media" but I'm a realistic guy, that comes across as too cheap. It does seem weird that a players management would be talking publicly about their contracts though.

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m just a glad you blew your salary cap on rockcliff and watts so we could Polly.

thank you again!
Port said numerous times that we could have afforded to pay Polec the same as north but we don’t think he is worth that amount of money. Go look at the interviews post trade. Said we could have fit him into the salary cap but chose not to

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Port said numerous times that we could have afforded to pay Polec the same as north but we don’t think he is worth that amount of money. Go look at the interviews post trade. Said we could have fit him into the salary cap but chose not to
Honestly I do find it a bit strange you’re here, it’s like you are a little disappointed.
We don’t have many players like him on our list so we paid accordingly.
you guys seem to have an abundance of players like him so you believe you can cover his position.
It’s simple supply and demand. Unless either team has their cap squeezed, it’s kinda pointless.

As far as I’m concerned we traded for Pittard and got Polly as steak knives. :p

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Honestly I do find it a bit strange you’re here, it’s like you are a little disappointed.
We don’t have many players like him on our list so we paid accordingly.
you guys seem to have an abundance of players like him so you believe you can cover his position.
It’s simple supply and demand. Unless either team has their cap squeezed, it’s kinda pointless.

As far as I’m concerned we traded for Pittard and got Polly as steak knives. :p
I’m not disappointed at all we wouldn’t have Rozee if Polec was still here. Good on him for getting a good $ contract. He played a good 5 or so years with us, happy he was here happy with what we ended up with

Saying that, you guys overpaid with his contract and with the deal

Gold Rocks

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m not disappointed at all we wouldn’t have Rozee if Polec was still here. Good on him for getting a good $ contract. He played a good 5 or so years with us, happy he was here happy with what we ended up with

Saying that, you guys overpaid with his contract and with the deal
Getting Rozee is a great get as he looks like ports future captain.

Back