Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No, you're assuming I don't just because you don't and because it goes against your club.

It's a fact.
What is your position at the club?

I would have thought it is the other way around?

A genuinely elite wingman is harder to find than a talented intercept marker. At Essendon we have 3 on our list already who could be as good as Lever. We have no one with the capabilities of Polec on a wing. Not even close.

When looking for an elite wingman, in todays day and age, you pay them what they are worth.

Imho, there would only be 2 genuine wingmen ahead of Polec in the competition. Andrew Gaff and Jackson MaCrae. Can make a case for a number of others, but they are the three best in the comp at the moment.
That Isaak Smith bloke that plays at the Hawks goes alright

Haha passing off players who signed with other teams as coming within some mythical close distance to signing as fact

By that statement nearly every team has nearly signed heaps of players
These player's didn't choose another club over North. They stayed where they were, like most players do. If all offers that were declined were public knowledge it wouldn't just be North being used as click bait.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

When you look at the JKelly and Dusty offers last year both were within a bee's dick of being accepted. Without the last minute back door Puma deal Dusty would be in Royal Blue and White and Kelly has stated that he was going to North but decided to stick with GWS for a flag tilt.

We've also snared Higgins, Dal Santo and Waite in recent years who've all relished the culture at Arden Street.

Of course none of these facts are great click bait for the AFL media - it's far easier to say North haven't landed a big fish.

And there never seems to be much scrutiny of clubs like St Kilda being spurned by targets.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
Higgins, Dal Santo and Waite … Higgins and Dal Santo were encouraged by their clubs to leave. Only Waite walked out of Carlton.

Higgins, Dal Santo and Waite … Higgins and Dal Santo were encouraged by their clubs to leave. Only Waite walked out of Carlton.

Yep and Higgins will finish top 5 in Brownlow. He would be on the injured list if he was still at the dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just can't see Polec leaving, Polec came back to Adelaide due to homesickness and was Port Adelaide supporter growing up.

Why is there talks of him leaving?
Id be surprised if he left also but I think Port were originally trying to low ball him a little.

I think they have offered marginal unders over 3 years, probably to allow money to bring in someone else in the next year or so.

A lot of our players take unders to allow lots of players to stay and come in.

Wines has turned down massive money back in Vic, as did Hartlett and Pittard in recent times. Rockliff and Motlop both turned down bigger offers to come here.

Then North have then come along and offer massive money over 5 years, an attempted “too good to refuse offer”

I think they have offered marginal unders over 3 years, probably to allow money to bring in someone else in the next year or so.

A lot of our players take unders to allow lots of players to stay and come in.

Wines has turned down massive money back in Vic, as did Hartlett and Pittard in recent times. Rockliff and Motlop both turned down bigger offers to come here.

Then North have then come along and offer massive money over 5 years, an attempted “too good to refuse offer”

Interesting. Do Port supporters think Polec will leave?

glory be me

If joe atley is involved your offer would have to go up considerably

He was pick 32 in a deep draft, averaged 20+ touches playing centre in the sanfl against men, most of whom are pretty damn good bid bodied midfielders. Debuted at afl level where he looked good. Had a back injury this year.
Come on mate pull the other one, it’s only the SANFL, you sound like Sydney supporters bragging about a kid getting 30 touches in the NEAFL.

What have other reports provided to back their claims to the contrary?

Believe what you want.
But you know exact details where they just state the total deal being $3.5 mil over 5 years
You are giving an exact breakup of the contract and it appears you have inside knowledge of the deal or connected to the club or managers as thats the only possible way to know these details

or just making it up

But you know exact details where they just state the total deal being $3.5 mil over 5 years
You are giving an exact breakup of the contract and it appears you have inside knowledge of the deal or connected to the club or managers as thats the only possible way to know these details

or just making it up
You've caught him out it's Norths list manager getting trade tips off bigfooty.

or just making it up

No, I stated it’s $3 mill over 5

Back