News Jarman Impey recruit of the year???

Remove this Banner Ad

I still havent seen that much of him. A few interviews, his couple of games etc, but he looks like a happy character. Is it that hes settled in so well at the Hawks so soon. Fantastatic return on i vestment for both parties for mine. Really glad to see the kid settled so soon.
Yep, im gonna go best recruit of the year. AGAIN!

Piss poor first half but something set him off in the second as he was brilliant.

He has fire in the belly which you can't teach. The rest will follow. Great pick up.

Was a stand out with his line breaking in the second half - when he works out out forward leading patterns will be extremely dangerous. Also love his attack on the ball and opponent.

Were there any knocks on his tank? Doesn't seem to have the endurance to go all day. But love a burst here and there. Not sure whether its just a thing with his tank.
Definitely wont go all day.. small forward has always been his thing.. he probably honestly had one or two games where he truly dominated for us.

Definitely wont go all day.. small forward has always been his thing.. he probably honestly had one or two games where he truly dominated for us.
Cheers.

Don't think we're looking at him to dominate a game, but merely inject some pace and energy around the ground. Did that for 2 quarters vs Cats.

Thought the knock on him at pre-season was his endurance was really poor. That would be the limit at present.

Still only 22. Hard to believe.

He also highlights how the three-peat made it really difficult for our own kids to get game time. At 78 games, Jarman has played more than twice as many games as any player on our list under 23 years old (Howe is the closest with 36). People seem to forget there is a reason some of our kids are still very raw. Up until now we haven't really had a chance (or reason) to put games into them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still only 22. Hard to believe.

Harder to believe that people thought a second round pick and a future fourth round pick was paying overs. Yes there were other picks but it was a 6 pick downgrade so meh.

Bloody hell Jarman played out of his skin today. He wanted a win today. Couldn’t be happier we signed this kid.

I thought he was really poor yesterday. He certainly butchered one certain goal with a horrendous kick into the arc.

His game against Geelong was very promising though.

I thought he was really poor yesterday. He certainly butchered one certain goal with a horrendous kick into the arc.

His game against Geelong was very promising though.

I thought Langford was really poor. Wouldn't put The Imp in that category.

I thought Langford was really poor. Wouldn't put The Imp in that category.

Maybe not, but it wasn't much better.

And nobody will ever be talking about Will Langford as "recruit of the year" regardless of where his AFL career takes him to be fair. Yet here we are discussing Impey in those terms which is incredibly premature given he has played one good, one bad and one average game.

Maybe not, but it wasn't much better.

And nobody will ever be talking about Will Langford as "recruit of the year" regardless of where his AFL career takes him to be fair. Yet here we are discussing Impey in those terms which is incredibly premature given he has played one good, one bad and one average game.
He didn't have a bad game, horrible first half great second half. Was his run in the last which helped us reduce the margin and not get steam rolled.

Happy to see Jarman doing well at his new club.

Hawks fans be aware though, it's early days for him and so far, he hasn't done anything at Hawks that he hasn't done at Port.

Im hoping that he finds consistency and expect him to be better in this area this being in his home state and with family etc.

It's not the short term with Jarman that you need to worry about, it's his ability to do it week in, week out.

He rarely plays 4 quarters either and hasn't done that from what I've seen so far at HFC as yet.

Again, hope he does well and you guys enjoy him.

He's no recruit of the year though.

He didn't have a bad game, horrible first half great second half. Was his run in the last which helped us reduce the margin and not get steam rolled.

Fair enough, I am looking at his early work in the context that when the game was up for grabs early Impey had no impact. He didn't have a possession in the first quarter and butchered a premium opportunity in the 3rd.

Yes, he fought it out like the rest of his teammates but when the game was on the line Impey was completely absent. And I place more credibility in performances that don't occur during junk time.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/players-voice-jarman-impey/

Once the season had finished, I made the final decision to come home and Hawthorn were interested.

I clicked straight away with Alastair Clarkson during our first meeting and Hawthorn’s history and recent success was always a drawcard.

I knew their culture would be right up there and I grew up idolising the likes of Buddy Franklin, when he was still wearing the brown and gold, and Cyril Rioli so a chance to represent their club was important to me.

Neither is Lindsey Thomas.

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back