Traded Jarman Impey [traded to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

Should thrive at the Hawks , has all the tools ... just needs the right usage of those .
Win Win for both clubs as he was stagnating at the Power and had a shocking final game .
Always thought highly of him and he still has time to deliver on that talent base .
He is a genuine line breaker .

Win, Win, Win. Good trade for all.
Hawks get the deal done nice & quickly. We can now focus on Hodge, Hartung ect and what else might be going on.
Port can now focus on Watts & Motlop.
Impey gets back to Melbourne for extra support following the death of his father.

Impey must be the big fish some hawks fans were saying they already had signed up 12 months ago.

...that was the explanation at the time for tossing out lewis and mitchell and paying massive overs for pick 10 anyway...
It wasn't panic decision making to get jaeger at all costs..

It was all part of a grand plan we mortals weren't privy to.

How long has impey been a hawk for? 12 months? 18 months?

That's how hawks do these things dontchaknow.

Shouldn't you be more concerned with packaging up pick 7 & 8 for a big fish? Saints measure success by draft points, Hawks measure success with Cups.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Impey must be the big fish some hawks fans were saying they already had signed up 12 months ago.

...that was the explanation at the time for tossing out lewis and mitchell and paying massive overs for pick 10 anyway...

Fair enough mate, i look forward to seeing Fyfe playing at the Saints next season oh wait... At least you guys got Josh Kelly though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only regret i have at sending high picks to st kilda is those poor talented young kids wont dream of a chance at a premieship :(

Hur dur floggo. I was being serious. They've basically sitting out two consecutive drafts. It seems like they place a bigger emphasis on finding developed players that have adapted to AFL.
I think draft picks. Unless you have a top 5 pick. Or have identified something in a player which nobody else has. Are really over-rated. Ild rather a go at impey whos pretty talented and couldnt crack the port adelaide side over some established players is probably better at the 33rd choice of a bunch of 17 year olds.

Fans always prize draft picks because it offers blind hope. Wright understands odds and history and values them less. How many times do you see recruiting managers applauding their own genius on draft night for grabbing some bloke at pick 67 that they 'rated top 20'. These same list managers are the ones haggling over the difference between pick 61 and 67 and losing deals over it.

Wrighty just gets it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back