Traded Jarman Impey [traded to Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

You’ve just gotta love the Port fans.

Before the trade: No chance we’re going to accept pick 33 in a s**t draft!

Trade: pick 33 + 2 s**t picks for Impey + 1 s**t pick

After trade: Good win. Impey is crap anyway!

Pretty sure 90% of the people on our board were saying BEFORE the trade pick 33 would be a win win. There was like 2 posters on here that don’t even post in the Port board saying 33 was unders.

It was a win win. Hawks get a guy with limited potential for pick 33 in a shallow draft and Port get 400k off the books and a mid 30’s pick for a guy who had gone backwards after 80 games at the club (hence needing a fresh start).

Massive lol considering hawks supports said there was no way they'd give up that pick. And he was worth a 3rd rounder at best.

Lol

Half the Port fans thought his value was a pick in the 20's (like your 2018 2nd would have been) with pick 32 being around the back end of his value. The other half don't rate impey at all.

Most hawks fans in here either didn't want him at all or thought he was a 3rd rounder.

Port let him go easily, they have bigger fish to fry and he is a good kid having a rough year.

glory be me. 66% of hawks posters straight up said 3rd rounder and they didn't even want him at all. Most of the rest suggested he would be lucky to get pick 32 and that would be overpaying. Bit of rewriting history going on here.
66%? Wow you’re good!

Where did you pull that bs from? And I’m guessing you’re referring to the small portion of hawk posters in this thread :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything I've read from port fans was them saying they would get a pick in the early 20's for him.

There was more Hawks supporters in here saying it should be 42 than Port supporters saying it should be better than 32..

Haven’t really heard any Port supporter complain about the trade at all over on our board.

Everyone got what they wanted..

Where did you pull that bs from? And I’m guessing you’re referring to the small portion of hawk posters in this thread :$
And you are doing what?

Mitchell Lewis and Harry Morrison only played 1 game between them last year. Yet to prove that your current late pick drafting is exceptional enough to cover the missteps you've taken at the draft table.

And you've come to those conclusions on the basis of a single season then.....Speaking of drafting mis-steps....How are Kelly & Martin working out for you?

And you've come to those conclusions on the basis of a single season then.....Speaking of drafting mis-steps....How are Kelly & Martin working out for you?
I think you have misunderstood as you're want to do. Unsociable Hawk said that Hawthorn uncover players after forgoing high draft picks. I think we are in agreeance that that is to be seen.
I wouldn't call Kelly and Martin recruitment missteps as straight up misses but we swung for the stars at least, oh well.
P.S. No hyphen needed in misstep. It's one word :).

Really interested to see how Impey goes for Hawthorn.

Adds some real pace and toughness to a side needing it but also butchered the ball at times.

Do the Hawthorn fans have a sense of where he will be played?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back