List Mgmt. Jarrad Jansen - Traded to BL for Future 3Rd pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Jansen: over/under 10 career AFL games?

I'm on under.
He certainly won't just walk into the Lions midfield... my concern is he just doesn't find the ball enough.. shows glimpses and bursts but vanishes as well.

Depends on what role they have planned for him I guess

I think they'll try to use his height down back or up forward.

Isn't that what we tried doing with him in the VFL but some on here complained he was being played out of position and that contributed to him not getting a senior game?

Isn't that what we tried doing with him in the VFL but some on here complained he was being played out of position and that contributed to him not getting a senior game?
Then Hood said he was being played forward because he wasn't able to run out a full game in the midfield. :rolleyes:
But the protests still continue to this very day, ie. that he should've been given an AFL game....

He certainly won't just walk into the Lions midfield... my concern is he just doesn't find the ball enough.. shows glimpses and bursts but vanishes as well.

Depends on what role they have planned for him I guess

Agree. I think thats the reason they played him back and forward as well.
I think of Djukerra he could put together a good quarter. Then go missing for long periods.

The only place Jansen got constant touches was on the back of milk carton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a large advocate on that one. His positional changes effected his form and I felt for him, he looks like a midfield work horse but he was barely played then in the shadow of Blease and GHS. No matter he probably made the right career decision, he would of been battling next season to squeeze in ahead of Danger and Scooter (fit).

I was a large advocate on that one. His positional changes effected his form and I felt for him, he looks like a midfield work horse but he was barely played then in the shadow of Blease and GHS. No matter he probably made the right career decision, he would of been battling next season to squeeze in ahead of Danger and Scooter (fit).

Yep good decision on his part. He won't die wondering.
He could clunk a mark on a lead- He might get a game at half forward early on if Lions lack a third tall.

Certainly a nice mark but his best work from what we saw was when he was shifted into the midfield and he could get first hands on the footy. Really good extractor. Geelong's VFL had no solid rucks either so to still gather as many clearances as he did speaks volumes.

Whoever did those highlights though, pretty poor. Doesn't show his midfield work. There's a bunch of regular marks taken out on the wing which was a waste of time.

Certainly a nice mark but his best work from what we saw was when he was shifted into the midfield and he could get first hands on the footy. Really good extractor. Geelong's VFL had no solid rucks either so to still gather as many clearances as he did speaks volumes.

Whoever did those highlights though, pretty poor. Doesn't show his midfield work. There's a bunch of regular marks taken out on the wing which was a waste of time.

if a role in the midfield was his best position then he would be waiting a fairly long time to get a game in the Cats seniors.

if a role in the midfield was his best position then he would be waiting a fairly long time to get a game in the Cats seniors.

Maybe, maybe not.
Depends on how we go on the injury-front.

Whose to say Scooter gets over the ankle concerns?
Duncan may have future issues with his foot.

Can go pear shaped pretty quickly as you can appreciate. That is often a good time to have adequate depth handy. Cunico looks a good sort, as too Cockatoo but we are pretty bear after losing a lot of younger midfielders in recent years.

Maybe, maybe not.

Can go pear shaped pretty quickly as you can appreciate. That is often a good time to have adequate depth handy. Cunico looks a good sort, as too Cockatoo but we are pretty bear after losing a lot of younger midfielders in recent years.
You do realise it was his choice to leave yes???

oh look who gave you a like :p

Of course I know that but let me ask you this, would he have made that choice had he played 5 games this year?
Can't even run out a VFL game so how could he have played an AFL one.

You have to earn a game and when you don't star in the. VFL you don't get considered for elevation... It's that simple.

He chose to leave the club good luck to him, but just because he may have potential doesn't mean the club should had gifted him games.

So I fail to see how it's the club fault for him wanting to go .

Can't even run out a VFL game so how could he have played an AFL one.

You have to earn a game and when you don't star in the. VFL you don't get considered for elevation... It's that simple.

He chose to leave the club good luck to him, but just because he may have potential doesn't mean the club should had gifted him games.

So I fail to see how it's the club fault for him wanting to go .

he did finish second in the VFL B&F so I would argue he does run out games. He just drifts in and out a lot more than what the club would have liked.
Understandable given he wasn't solely fixed in the one position throughout most of the season.

I'd also ask why some players get the red carpet treatment and given games even when their form may not have entirely warranted it.

he did finish second in the VFL B&F so I would argue he does run out games. He just drifts in and out a lot more than what the club would have liked.
Understandable given he wasn't solely fixed in the one position throughout most of the season.

I'd also ask why some players get the red carpet treatment and given games even when their form may not have entirely warranted it.
He had flaws that he had to work on in the VFL which would explain his stint in the seconds, but again he chose to leave so there's no blame on the club.

But I'm sure you'll still want to tear into the club for letting a kid who wanted to leave get his wish.

Maybe, maybe not.

The one that surprised me was Hartman. I didn't see him coming and he was an absolute jet. Too bad he had to leave.

Where was he picked in the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back