Past Jarrad McVeigh - premiership captain, retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exciting. Kept me up this afternoon

Now now, I know Macca is not everyone's cup of tea. Still I think he was a key factor for us last year.

(sorry behind paywall)
McVeigh had just made it back to the Swans reserves team after missing most of the year with a calf tear, but he has cruelly suffered a repeat of the injury and his playing future beyond this year is now in serious doubt.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
(sorry behind paywall)
McVeigh had just made it back to the Swans reserves team after missing most of the year with a calf tear, but he has cruelly suffered a repeat of the injury and his playing future beyond this year is now in serious doubt.
That'll do, Jarrad. That'll do.

Hopefully he can get back for a farewell game because he deserves to get chaired off the ground but I think he's done. Going to make a very good coach if he chooses to.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
(sorry behind paywall)
That really sucks. We could do with him in defence to free Lloyd further up the ground. He's an absolute champion of the club and been unfairly maligned on this board.

End of the road for Macca. I doubt either the Swans of another club (Likely the Suns) would give him a contract from here.

One of the greatest Swans in the current ERA.

300+ Games
Premiership Captain.
Fantastic leader.

Would be very confident with him in a coaching role as well.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
There is no substitute for an elite ball user and IMO he has been our best for over a decade. As BBB Hall once said: "He does not waste 'em"

Whatever happens for the remainder of the season he is an automatic AFL Hall of famer and Swans legend for mine.
Premiership captain with 300+ games, two times club champion and All-Australian. Hell of a legacy.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Premiership captain with 300+ games, two times club champion and All-Australian. Hell of a legacy.
Like I said a few days back, the best of our club may be behind us with the era of one club, 300 game players well & truly gone IMO with the way the trading rules have been opened up. We've been blessed to have a few of them these last 10 years.
Goodes, MOL, Bolton, Macca.
Legends of the club in my eyes & I don't care what anyone else says.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
That really sucks. We could do with him in defence to free Lloyd further up the ground. He's an absolute champion of the club and been unfairly maligned on this board.

Correct.

Football Forums are a Fools Paradise.

Great Player, Great Leader, Champion Of The Club & The Best Accolade You Can Get, Held in the highest regard by opposition Clubs and their players over his career. And that is a well known fact.

Like I said a few days back, the best of our club may be behind us with the era of one club, 300 game players well & truly gone IMO with the way the trading rules have been opened up. We've been blessed to have a few of them these last 10 years.
Goodes, MOL, Bolton, Macca.
Legends of the club in my eyes & I don't care what anyone else says.

We have had a blessed patch in terms of if you picked south/Sydney’s top 20 players we have seen a lot of them recently imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

708461.jpg

Just the absolute joy on his face and the rest of the team when he kicked the goal was magical. Even from the other end of the ground the atmosphere was electric. Fabulous way to end a fabulous career!

Even the goal ump had a smile on his dial.

McVeigh by the numbers - quite a 17 year career

Remove this Banner Ad

Back