Recommitted Jarrad McVeigh [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldnt surprise me if we signed him up on a 1 year playing contract and 3 year assistants job. Think there will be a couple of changes in the box over the next couple of years

Could see a couple of clubs taking him for a year but no way would they trade for him if it was anything under pick 100
He's a free agent, clubs can just pick him up if they do bring him in.

I would rather that but I think Kelly made the decision himself to retire. I think the club would of offered him another year if he wanted to go on

Sydney will let McVeigh go to wherever he wants, won't even be a trade really. We don't much around with trades unlike some clubs. Just get it done, move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a free agent so of course no trade has to be done.

No issues from our end. Has been a wonderful servant for us and deserves to finish the game where he wishes to, whether that be retiring or with another club for a year or two. We won't stay in his way if he wishes to depart.

Can see us offering him a 1 year playing contract to get some more leadership around the club, and then bring him in as an assistant coach.
There was an article over the weekend with Solomon stating he wanted the Suns to learn to play like the Swans. Clearly it may not be Solomon's decision but I can imagine a club like the Suns valuing someone who may be able to help instill some defensive grunt into their side ( though they've had Malceski for the past there season and he's not made a tangible difference).

Hopefully doesn't come to Essendon. Need to develop more kids rather than get a guy who has 1 year at most left.
Would be good for GCS to give the club an experienced leader that can teach the GCS kids what it takes to have consistent effort and what it take to achieve a flag.

I'm happy for him. He's on 298 games now, so he should play his 300th next year then ..... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back