Jarrad Schofield Assistant Coach in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

Power board said Schofield turned down the position...
He either applied, or didn't ......if he didn't apply then Rucci had no basis for the article

If he did apply and didn't get the job ....then the Crows knocked him back after interview

Power board said Schofield turned down the position...
He did. Wanted to stay in Perth cause of his family and stay head coach of Subi in the WAFL.

He either applied, or didn't ......if he didn't apply then Rucci had no basis for the article

If he did apply and didn't get the job ....then the Crows knocked him back after interview
He did meet with the Crows about the job, but decided he didn't want to move over. Dunno if it was a formal interview, or just a casual chat, but we were into him.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/s...rad-schofield-to-remain-with-subiaco-in-wafl/

The dual WAFL premiership coach was approached by former Eagles teammate Don Pyke about joining the AFL club’s coaching panel for 2016.

Pyke, who was appointed as Adelaide’s new senior coach earlier this month, flew to Perth last week to make the pitch in person.

Schofield has since declined the offer, with the 40-year-old instead choosing to recommit to the Lions’ push for a second premiership hat-trick in a decade.

Schofield made the call despite his strong relationship with Pyke, with the pair having spent four seasons together on West Coast’s playing list from 1993 to 1996. Subiaco football manager Luke Sanders said the decision hadn’t been an easy one for Schofield.

“He had a long time agonising over a decision to enter the AFL system,” Sanders said.

“I don’t think he was initially looking to go to the AFL, but when the opportunity was presented to him he really had to have a think about it.

“He went through that process with Adelaide and his family, but made the decision to stay with us, which is great.

“His passion for the footy club is second to none. The culture that he’s been able to create is a winning culture.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/c...co-in-2018-despite-afl-interest-ng-b88620357z

Just happened across this article when reading about Liam Ryan at the WA State Combine today.

Looks like Jarrad Schofield is committed to fulfilling the final year of his contract at Subiaco in 2018.

I'd envision that if Subi can get a premiership over the Peel Dockers, he may consider his AFL options once again.

Easily one of the best coaching talents in the state leagues, and particularly given his links to Don Pyke, I hope we pursue him strongly for 2019.

Happy with Francou being headhunted, but I feel like the benefit of his arrival is balanced by the departure of Teague and that we still have a need to refresh our assistant coaches in coming years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back