News Jarrad Schofield departs for West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really see how that is helping your argument? I don't see how bashing a cop is ever ok in any circumstance. But his behaviour has on multiple occasions shown he is a flog of a bloke.
Won’t anyone think of the innocent cops!!

They definitely don’t go around beating the s**t out of homeless people for fun

Let’s ditch the SAS and talk about Schoey or lack of, at least Ricardo got some Shoey action :)
Maybe Ken will go end of 2022 and Jarrod will come back as head coach or he left knowing Alistair Clarkson is on his way.

Club won't even bring in a coach to teach the boys to kick real good and we're debating sending them off to SAS campaigner camp.
Yeah, if they need some sort of mental makeover, just get Riley Bonner to do it, seeing as he was the only one who went out there on Saturday night with his head in the game.

Let’s ditch the SAS and talk about Schoey or lack of, at least Ricardo got some Shoey action :)
Maybe Ken will go end of 2022 and Jarrod will come back as head coach or he left knowing Alistair Clarkson is on his way.
I don't see any way that Clarkson comes to Port.

Even if he wanted to come to Port, the AFL wouldn't let him.

The AFL wants him to go to their pet basket case on the Gold Coast and they will do whatever it takes to get him there.

I reckon he'll either coach at Gold Coast or nowhere.

I don't see any way that Clarkson comes to Port.

Even if he wanted to come to Port, the AFL wouldn't let him.

The AFL wants him to go to their pet basket case on the Gold Coast and they will do whatever it takes to get him there.

He'll either coach at Gold Coast or nowhere.
He will coach again

I'm all for bringing in SAS types as long as we don't let our players in a 1km radius of any Afghan civilians
New SAS Guy: "We have 4 key position forwards available for selection this weekend."
Hinkley: "I reckon we might be going in a bit tall."
*** BANG ***
New SAS Guy: "We have 3 key position forwards available for selection this weekend."

New SAS Guy: "We have 4 key position forwards available for selection this weekend."
Hinkley: "I reckon we might be going in a bit tall."
*** BANG ***
New SAS Guy: "We have 3 key position forwards available for selection this weekend."
New SAS Guy: "We have 2 key position forwards available for selection this weekend."
Hinkley: "I dunno, I still think we're going a bit tall. Is Sam Gray still around?
*** BANG ***
New SAS Guy: "We have 2 key position forwards available for selection this weekend."
Monty: "Sounds good!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The big difference is most footballers would fail the real course utterly!

The challenge of 'selection' is SELECTION.

It is about passing all the requirements and there being a massive consequence for not doing so (and a huge boost if you do), many would fail the first section....what then? When it becomes a mere training exercise the pressure that makes diamonds from the process is removed.

The injury toll will also be horrific 'footy' wise.
Do you know what " the principle" of something means?

It doesnt mean copy exactly what the SAS course does. It means to try emulate the purpose & outcome of the course ... IE: A program that rewires the player, removing excessive egos, personal ambitions, poor attitudes, and replacing them with team & club ethos. I reckon we have gone too nicey-nicey, with good-bloke Ken leading the charge.

Do you know what " the principle" of something means?

It doesnt mean copy exactly what the SAS course does. It means to try emulate the purpose & outcome of the course ... IE: A program that rewires the player, removing excessive egos, personal ambitions, poor attitudes, and replacing them with team & club ethos. I reckon we have gone too nicey-nicey, with good-bloke Ken leading the charge.

Without consequences that mental stuff doesn’t really happen, it’s just a different way of running around and a higher risk of going completely **** up.

Sounds like something you do in the off season.
Not leading into a preliminary final 🙄

I just questioned this in the Sack Ken thread. Why on earth would you raise a destabilising issue at such a crucial time?

If you look at a lot of profs who teach organisational behaviour stuff, they have done stuff with military forces. Why? They have $$$ to provide the funding and the defence forces personnel make for great case studies. 2 profs I was taught by in post graduate studies, had worked with the US military for almost 2 decades, and to look at them, you would never pick them as military types.

Leading Teams - who just about all 18 clubs have used, was started by Ray McLean teaching leadership and teams improving their understanding of each other and performing tasks better at the RAAF at Edinburgh.

Because he had an ex Magpies player working with him, name escapes me but only played 30-40 games for Port, he was able to quickly adjust his program when Alan Stewart asked him to do stuff with Centrals for the 1995 preseason. That then led to further modifications and McLean left the RAAF and made a business out of it.

Was it Russell Evans REH?

I know he was in the RAAF around that time and then got into leadership development after finishing at the RAAF.

I'm over it now listening to Schoey rattle on about going to a big club like West Coast for the umpteenth time, he was always looking around not invested by the sound of it & his midfield played accordingly when it mattered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back