News Jarrad Schofield departs for West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only did Schofield’s imminent departure affect the midfield, it affected the whole team bar Wines.
Or Schofield had a run in with Ken before the game and it affected the whole team.
Or Ken only wants yes men and Schofield had enough and decided to leave somewhere between the QF and the PF. It affected the rest of the team.
Or the other coaches aren’t yes men either hence the shite performance of the whole team.
(bar Wines)

How is it a furphy? How is Schofield blameless for what happened in the prelim final?
I don't know the answer to that Ford. Do we really believe Hinkley listens to anyone? We've had countless assistant coach changes and nothing has really changed. I've kept a keen eye on Schoey for many years whilst he was coaching. Watched WAFL grand finals and hoped we would get him to Alberton one day.
Subiaco coaching record
2013 8th
2014 Premiers
2015 Premiers
2016 runner up
2017 runner up
2018 Premiers (undefeated)

Do we really think Jarrad Schofield can't coach, midfield or otherwise?

Given the way he behaves in public, it is incredibly easy to believe that Hinkley doesn't deal well with differing opinions.

While I take Ford's point about Schofield having to take a good deal of the blame for the midfield's failure in the prelim, ongoing conflict between the head and line coaches, culminating in the line coach basically being out the door before the game, wouldn't have helped.

Anyway, we will see how well he does in a different system in 22.

I don't know the answer to that Ford. Do we really believe Hinkley listens to anyone? We've had countless assistant coach changes and nothing has really changed. I've kept a keen eye on Schoey for many years whilst he was coaching. Watched WAFL grand finals and hoped we would get him to Alberton one day.
Subiaco coaching record
2013 8th
2014 Premiers
2015 Premiers
2016 runner up
2017 runner up

Now I never said Schofield couldn't coach. But as the line coach responsible for the failure of the midfield he has to share some of the blame for the enormity of the defeat.

Mind you, the team that beat us was obliterated in a quarter and a half of football in the grand final, so sometimes it just all turns to s**t before your very eyes.

I don't think there's any one reason for the prelim final collapse, the most obvious overall factor that hit me was that one team wanted to win and one team thought they would win.

How is it a furphy? How is Schofield blameless for what happened in the prelim final?

So what you're saying is that Schofield was the genius two weeks earlier.

Given the way he behaves in public, it is incredibly easy to believe that Hinkley doesn't deal well with differing opinions.

While I take Ford's point about Schofield having to take a good deal of the blame for the midfield's failure in the prelim, ongoing conflict between the head and line coaches, culminating in the line coach basically being out the door before the game, wouldn't have helped.

Anyway, we will see how well he does in a different system in 22.

Choco wore down everyone he coached with as well. He admitted as much re Phil Walsh.

After the 2004 grand final, assistants (coach and fitness) scattered to the four winds. Alastair Clarkson had left in the lead up after being poached by Hawthorn as head coach.

But we smashed the Lions in that grand final.

I don't think there's any one reason for the prelim final collapse, the most obvious overall factor that hit me was that one team wanted to win and one team thought they would win.

Probably the most accurate analysis of the game so far.

Choco wore down everyone he coached with as well. He admitted as much re Phil Walsh.

After the 2004 grand final, assistants (coach and fitness) scattered to the four winds. Alastair Clarkson had left in the lead up after being poached by Hawthorn as head coach.

But we smashed the Lions in that grand final.

Yeah. I wouldn't have wanted to work for Choco either. His style reminds me too much of some law firm partners.

I think my feeling stems from the fact that one of Ken and Jarrad has had plenty of chances to get things right, while the other hasn't. In those circumstances, Schofield gets the benefit of any doubt from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. I wouldn't have wanted to work for Choco either. His style reminds me too much of some law firm partners.

I think my feeling stems from the fact that one of Ken and Jarrad has had plenty of chances to get things right, while the other hasn't. In those circumstances, Schofield gets the benefit of any doubt from me.

Rightly so, although I'm not hanging Schoey out to dry for what happened, my view is blame is shared and not just among the coaches. Ultimately it comes to Hinkley, because he is the head honcho and that's the price you pay.

However, the 04 GF is also an example of a group that if it wasn't divided, it was clearly tired of each other and fractured by the loss of a key piece in the lead up to the big dance. You can throw in Josh Carr who had one foot out the door as well. But they all still pulled together on the day and achieving the ultimate goal.

Subiaco coaching record
2013 8th
2014 Premiers
2015 Premiers
2016 runner up
2017 runner up

I actually think Schoey can't coach - the way Ken wants him to :think:
ie Ken's way or the highway, irrespective of whether it's better than the head coach's strategy!

Occam’s Razor wins !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back