DOB: 4/2/1983

Height: 194cm

Weight: 95kg

Draft History: Pick 46 (Carlton), 2001 National Draft - Father/Son selection

Recruited From: Benalla/Murray U18

Debut: Round 1, 2003 vs Sydney

Career Highlights: Video to be provided

2013 Forecast:

Fortunate enough to pick up Waite in the Buddy Draft, looks set for a big and definitely interesting year. Interested to see how he goes at half back, did great in his first game there on Lucas and hopefully he matches up on Franklin today, definitely my most anticipated match up of the game. After never living up to the high hopes of Blues fans at CHF, hopefully he can make CHB his own and have a great season there for the Blues.

We all know he has the athletic ability to be a champion of the game. Whether he pulls it off or not is up to him and his commitment. An injury free preseason has given him his best shot in ages. Waitey is our ace up the sleeve.

Thought he had the better of Franklin tonight. Franklin got two goals early in the first quarter, but after that had few touches of the footy and only managed one goal. Neither of the two had good disposal around the ground, with Waite wasting quite a few of possessions, however his attacking style is very exciting, and if he can get his kicking right he will be dangerous. Still, needs more gametime in defense to get comfortable there, but it seems to be a position that suits him and he will hurt opposition sides with his rebound, if he can dispose of the ball reasonably.

Jarrad Waite was very good today, and his skills were a big improvement over last week. Provided alot of run out of defense, his five bounce run was great to watch. Played on Leigh Brown early and demonlished him and went forward towards the end of the match where he did some good things. Keep him at defense, move him forward when needed. A versatile player, and, barring injury he looks set to have his biggest season yet and really prove that he can be a very, very good footballer.

Good game by Waite tonight. Was probably beaten early in defense, but went forward late into the match and kicked 2 goals, including a beauty five metres in from the boundary. We needed another target up forward late in the game and it was Waite, along with Fisher, who provided that, and I thought Waite played a large role in our turnaround. He's a very valuable player to have, similar to Adam Hunter, in that he can go forward and back when needed. Definitely looks set for a big season, if he can stay injury-free, he will have his best season to date.

:mad: :thumbsdown:

JARRAD WAITE IS NOT A DEFENDER!!!
He's played a couple good games in defense, and will continue to improve there. Looks like the club is going to persevere with him there, and with more experience at CHB should be very good. Still, I'm sure he won't be confined to defense - will be moved forward as he was tonight when needed, which gives us a great backup plan when we need a spark up forward.

:mad: :thumbsdown:

JARRAD WAITE IS NOT A DEFENDER!!!

Scott Lucas and Buddy Franklin would tend to disagree.

He is a utility - he will go where the match ups dictate.:thumbsu:

Was quite yesterday, as he's been for the last couple games. Had ten touches and kicked a behind (was a goal, but he was robbed :mad: ). Don't remember who he played on early - might have been Hansen, if I recall, but was moved forward after being beat (as would almost anyone with the amount of pressure on our defenders in the first q). Didn't have an impact up forward. Ordinary start to the season, however he'll improve with more time down back, though should spend a bit of time up forward depending on the matches, especially with Fisher's injury and Whitnall jumping between defense and forward to find form.

He is such a passionate player and would do anything for this club. I remember hearing an interview with him during the pre-season, and he spoke so well and so highly of everyone involved with the team.

Also found this article of when he played after he just lost his dad.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/07/06/1057430076893.html

Interesting to note that he was playing as a wingman and doing well there! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to worry about Waite. He was good in the first half, cut of some leads and took some marks, but his decision making, particularly in the second half was horrible. He doesn't use the ball well and doesn't make right decisions when he does use it. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence or him just trying to adjust to playing so far up the ground, but whatever it is, he's gotta improve it as him turning it over, particularly in the defensive half, is far too detrimental.

Played the worst game I remember seeing from him-he was absolutely terrible.

If you ever need evidence that Waite is not a defender, go and watch last night's game.

Error after error, turnover after turnover-he just doesn't have the smarts to play down back. He needs to either move much further up the ground or play for the Bullants.

He is really lacking in confidence, and getting beaten week in, week out, in an unnatural position for him is NOT the way to get the confidence back.

used to love waite. has so much potential i reckon. but seriously, he's lost it lately. really needs to step up and make better decisions. i just want him to settle down in a spot. either CHF or CHB whatever, just let him get settled

After a horribly horrid week last week, he's come out with his best game in defense. He was fantastic tonight, thrashed Reiwoldt. Must have had atleast half a dozen spoils - Nick I don't think took a mark inside 50. With games like this, you begin to hope that maybe Waite can make it at CHB - his problem is his consistency, if he can perform at his best most weeks, then he's got the speed, size and athleticism to be a very good defender. His disposal is poor, that definitely needs to improve - hopefully with more experience playing in defense it will improve.

omg jarrad bloody awsome!!! Dennis, leave him at CHB! if he's having a poor game, keep him in defense. let the kid learn. he has so much potential, let him settle into his position. well done jarrad, great stuff

Sensational on Friday night keeping Riewoldt to 15 touches & 1 goal!
Good on him, I hope those negative Blues supporters out there were taking notice!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back