Traded Jarrad Witts [traded to Gold Coast for picks 44 & 62]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah he is a pinch hitter. He's a bean pole and his ruck work leaves a lot to be desired tbh despite his height. If Grundy goes down and we're relying on Cox as our first ruck we're in a fair bit of trouble. Would have even White ahead of him in that dept.
Lol get the fitness staff to bulk him up then.

Why?, he's shown enough to suggest he might be able to hold down KF role, if that goes pear shaped we'll have no choice but to develop him as a ruck.
Wouldn't the ideal weight to play ruck also be ideal for a KF role? Considering a ruckman would cover just as much if not more ground. Also allowing Mason Cox to out muscle key defenders.

Wouldn't the ideal weight to play ruck also be ideal for a KF role? Considering a ruckman would cover just as much if not more ground. Also allowing Mason Cox to out muscle key defenders.
Trying, but some players just don't bulk up well. You should know that after watching Fletcher for so many years.

Scott Lucas said today they've offered 44 but Collingwood had rejected it, they feel he's worth more. It's a lowball offer, they're gunning for a ruckman they think can walk in to the number 1 position for cheap. Eade rates him very highly and the pies know it.
I'm shocked the Suns aren't offering up the fair value for a player

Scott Lucas said today they've offered 44 but Collingwood had rejected it, they feel he's worth more. It's a lowball offer, they're gunning for a ruckman they think can walk in to the number 1 position for cheap. Eade rates him very highly and the pies know it.

44 isn't a lowball offer. It's what an out of contract backup player is worth. Nankervis went for 46.

Seems Pies fans might have overrated Witts. Some said 1st rd pick...many said pick under 30. Looks like being P44...

Shocked to be sitting here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to apologise to MagpieBrute who assigned me the position of the arbiter of Witts' value earlier in the year.

I clearly stated it would be pick 25-40, and have been proven incorrect.

It was pick 37 in points value. Which should be relevant for the pies this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back