• 0.9 frees for
  • 1.7 frees against
  • 97.44 DT points

Totals
  • 8 goals
  • 2 behinds
  • 7 times in best players list

Deserved a early 20s pick
So much development left in him after being at the Pies during Buckleys poor era
Will be a gun in the future.
Future Aaron Sanidilands in the making
I like Witts as a player and don't disagree that he has the potential to be a great ruck in the style of Sandilands although I don't think he'll quite get to the same level (top 5-10 ruck vs top 3 ruck). Worst case if Witts doesn't develop further he'll produce a Warnock like output. On the verge of a break out year and certainly worth the gamble to see what level he's capable of producing.

Jarrod WITTS

2016 VFL
14 games
Averages

• 9.1 kicks
  • 6.8 handballs
  • 15.9 disposals
  • 3.7 marks
  • 4.6 tackles
  • 38.9 hitouts
  • 3.1 inside 50s
  • 1.0 rebound 50s
  • 1.6 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 110.14 DT points

Totals
  • 4 goals
  • 4 behinds
  • 4 times in best players list

2015 VFL
9 games
Averages

• 6.7 kicks
  • 6.4 handballs
  • 13.1 disposals
  • 4.4 marks
  • 4.0 tackles
  • 33.8 hitouts
  • 1.7 inside 50s
  • 0.7 rebound 50s
  • 0.9 frees for
  • 1.7 frees against
  • 97.44 DT points

Totals
  • 8 goals
  • 2 behinds
  • 7 times in best players list
If those bests are from the club I'd forget about them. CFC VFL bests are basically an encouragement award often omitting the better performed player(s) and including those with lesser performances.

If those bests are from the club I'd forget about them. CFC VFL bests are basically an encouragement award often omitting the better performed player(s) and including those with lesser performances.
^This. Witts was robbed of best on ground honours at least 3 times and should have been in the bests more again.

The most you can take out of those stats is a solid improvement from 2015 to 2016, and that's not even taking in to account that his stats are a little diluted from getting injured early in a couple of games.

gee the big fella is off to a good start at a club which is burning down from the inside, would be leading the b n f an up till 4th q was leading the suns for contested possessions :drunk: can see he was worth a1st rounder after all

Only 24 and has played less than 50 games. Wait until he fills out a bit more and gets to the 100 game mark.

Sometimes Collingwood supporters can be unreasonable, but not with what we wanted for Witts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All he needed was opportunity to be a #1 ruckman. He really has the potential to be in the top handful of rucks in the comp and be similar to a Sandilands.

I think the Dogs really missed a trick not pursuing him further, would have really advanced their list and allowed Tom Boyd to be CHF.

This is a good thread for working out who knows anything about footy. Plenty don't.

Witts would be in the suns top 3 this year.
I admit i didn't watch the game but beating big boy in the hit outs isn't exactly anything to write home about.

He still doesn't do enough around the ground to be any better than a middle of the road AFL ruck imo.

I admit i didn't watch the game but beating big boy in the hit outs isn't exactly anything to write home about.

Being in the Suns' top 3 isn't exactly anything to write home about either.

(FWIW I would only have May, Miller and Hall above him after seeing GC's first two games, but I'm willing to concede one or both of the latter two.)

Being in the Suns' top 3 isn't exactly anything to write home about either.

(FWIW I would only have May, Miller and Hall above him after seeing GC's first two games, but I'm willing to concede one or both of the latter two.)

Doggies picked up Tm English with pick 18, they'd love him to be where Witts is at right now. They would have been far better off showing interest in Witts and trading that pick Cloke and his father Damir are liabilities.

He still doesn't do enough around the ground to be any better than a middle of the road AFL ruck imo.
That will come as he adjusts to the pace of senior footy. He showed he is capable of 15-20 possessions in addition to ruck dominance last year in the VFL. He'll never be a Grundy type 20-30 possession monster, but for a 209cm giant he will be very good around the ground once he really finds his feet.

All the Pies fans who were laughed at for saying he was worth a pick in the early 20s have already been vindicated.

I think you need to differentiate between those who thought Witts was worth that and those who thought Collingwood would get that.

I think you need to differentiate between those who thought Witts was worth that and those who thought Collingwood would get that.
Who's saying he can't? There were a shitload of posters saying that Witts wasn't worth that, go back and have a read.

Who's saying he can't? There were a shitload of posters saying that Witts wasn't worth that, go back and have a read.

Wow, I thought we were friends. I wouldn't wish that on anyone for any of these threads. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back