Traded Jarrad Witts [traded to Gold Coast for picks 44 & 62]

Remove this Banner Ad

Averaging 36 hitouts, 3 clearances and 14 disposals a game, played every game this year.

Not bad for a s**t player who'll never be more than a depth player.

This ******* board..... lol......

Averaging 36 hitouts, 3 clearances and 14 disposals a game, played every game this year.

Not bad for a s**t player who'll never be more than a depth player.

This ******* board..... lol......

does that not make pies list management look foolish letting him go so cheaply . hine drunk at the wheel.?
i saw him play alot in the 2nds was always going be a decent ruck i rate him in aa form atm.

Question for collingwood supporters, what has changed in Witts' game this year to make the leap? He's been in fantastic form this year, and become much more of a force around the ground and in marking contests.

Leaving Collingwood and not having a player like Grundy ahead of him.

does that not make pies list management look foolish letting him go so cheaply . hine drunk at the wheel.?
i saw him play alot in the 2nds was always going be a decent ruck i rate him in aa form atm.

Now that Collingwood has traded him, we can say what we like. hahaha, this board is just awesome sometimes :p

Gubby Allen was at the wheel during last years trade period. Points wise we got an equivalent of a pick in the 20's from memory, but we should have pushed for a genuine top 30 pick. There were a lot of things about last years trade period that were horrible. Letting Williams go for nothing was another baffling one. We really didn't get value for any players we lost.

Question for collingwood supporters, what has changed in Witts' game this year to make the leap? He's been in fantastic form this year, and become much more of a force around the ground and in marking contests.
Literally nothing in his game has changed from late last year to this year. The last month and a bit of VFL he was banging down 60 hitouts and getting 15-20 disposals per game. He was in amazing form, but had Grundy absolutely killing it in the seniors ahead of him, who was always going to be close to impossible to displace, and like a lot of genuine ruckmen, playing both in the same side would have reduced both their output.

I can almost guarantee that if Witts had played senior footy in the second half of last year he would have put up similar numbers that he's doing now. At the time I was ridiculed for saying he was primed for a breakout year, now people are saying why did we let him go for so cheap. Go figure....

Last edited:
Literally nothing in his game has changed from late last year to this year. The last month and a bit of VFL he was banging down 60 hitouts and getting 15-20 disposals per game. He was in amazing form, but had Grundy absolutely killing it in the seniors ahead of him, who was always going to be close to impossible to displace, and like a lot of genuine ruckmen, playing both in the same side would have reduced both their output.

I can almost guarantee that if Witts had played senior footy in the second half of last year he would have put up similar numbers that he's doing now. At the time I was ridiculed for saying he was primed for a breakout year, now people are saying why did we let him go for so cheap. Go figure....
If its any consolation, based on your and other Collingwood fans opinions I snapped him up cheap in a drafting dreamteam comp in January! :)

If its any consolation, based on your and other Collingwood fans opinions I snapped him up cheap in a drafting dreamteam comp in January! :)
Safe to assume you're happy with your purchase!

Wow you're so smart dude, I mean you and your hindsight just always seem to be on point :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen enough of him this year to comment on his form.

Pies supporters last year said he was dominant at VFL level.

He's obviously taken a step to become an AFL ruckman.

Number of taps per game was never going to be a concern given his height.

How is his taps to advantage ratio compare to the rest of the comp?

Is he impactful beyond the ruck contest and most importantly, has he found that aggression to the contest that he lacked when at Collingwood?

Suns fans?

Great pick up for the Suns. But end of the day Grundy is in the top 3 rucks in 2017. Witts would have been playing vfl again this year so we never would have seen how good he could be.

Pies wouldn't have got much more for him because unless Grundy was injured we wouldn't see him at AFL level.

stop ittt you're starting to make me pity you as a person :)

All this coming from a Carlton supporter hahaha

Talking about AA playerHow has JJK, Betts and Jacobs gone recently? :)

The AFL should ban you guys under the suspicion of being a feeder club.
s0gq2.jpg
settle down kiddo we get you are a mad kid relax .. anyhoo

I still can't believe you guys let him go for so cheap !! ;);):D:D

Gubby Allen was at the wheel during last years trade period. Points wise we got an equivalent of a pick in the 20's from memory, but we should have pushed for a genuine top 30 pick. There were a lot of things about last years trade period that were horrible. Letting Williams go for nothing was another baffling one. We really didn't get value for any players we lost.

We let Williams Go as he is a Bad Kick and we had/have to many of those

We let Williams Go as he is a Bad Kick and we had/have to many of those
We didn't let Williams go because of his kicking Dave. I'll leave it at that.

1. uninterrupted injury run
2. no grundy hogging ruck minutes
3. big blokes take to develop

He was primed for a break out year last season but then he split his webbing in round one and didn't start playing well until, as you said, the back end of the season which by then was too late to save him at collingwood

All the Pies fans who were laughed at for saying he was worth a pick in the early 20s have already been vindicated.

Those same Pies fans were also saying we paid overs for Will Hoskin Elliott!!!

We got a little unders for Witts (its a buyers market, s**t happens) but the Father Son points value from the picks moved us up somewhere in the mid 20"s I believe. Given we had two father sons we needed to land, especially Brown, the points value was an acceptable trade

Witts needed to leave because Grundy is a superior ruck prospect and both look like genuine number one rucks. He got his chance in the preseason and then split the webbing in his hand in Round one. Grundy returned and Witts never got another look in

Win win trade, although maybe the Suns won by just a little bit more.

Nothing, the only change is that he is now the number 1 ruck every week, he was no good as a forward, Pies had Grundy and the team structure didn't work with Both Witt's and Grundy.

Nothing, the only change is that he is now the number 1 ruck every week, he was no good as a forward, Pies had Grundy and the team structure didn't work with Both Witt's and Grundy.

Yeah, Witts was always going to become a solid AFL ruckman. He wanted out, as he wasn't going to get Number 1 ruck minutes with Grundy at the same club. Pies had no choice to trade him and apparently GC were the only interested party, so we weren't able to extract value. What I don't understand is why teams like Essendon and the Dogs didn't have a crack at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back