Traded Jarrad Witts [traded to Gold Coast for picks 44 & 62]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox came second in the league last year for contested marks. Whilst he wasn’t a consistent force in front of the goals, he did manage two bags of 5, one in the preliminary final against the reigning premiers. He’s not the best forward going around, but he does have speed off the mark, and is a very good contested mark. If you think Witts could even get close to that then you’re kidding yourself.

You are giving cox way to much credit over witts.the guy handballed the ball through his own goal.

Witts no question could match the same output as Cox if played 90 percent of time forward like cox 🙄

Yes and Witts backed himself in to get a game with him rather than be traded elsewhere. Not sure of your point.

Twelve months later Witts realised he had to leave.
He backed himself against the wrong person, he’d be playing in a much better side had he chose otherwise.

He backed himself against the wrong person, he’d be playing in a much better side had he chose otherwise.

Yes that’s true. He backed himself to make the grade at colllingwood. Backed himself to be in the same 22 as Grundy.Backed himself against mason cox. It didn’t work out so instead of being at the giants he’s at the suns.

His mistake was backing himself in. Not a bad way to make a mistake. Self confidence is an admirable trait.

That said, do you reckon he’d be captain of gws?

Last edited:
You are giving cox way to much credit over witts.the guy handballed the ball through his own goal.
You’re placing way too much importance on one terrible piece of play from nearly 2 years ago. It’s childish and sad.
Witts no question could match the same output as Cox if played 90 percent of time forward like cox 🙄
I’m not sure how many times you have to be told that this has actually been tried, and that no he can’t.

Yes that’s true. He backed himself to make the grade at colllingwood. Backed himself to be in the same 22 as Grundy.Backed himself against mason cox. It didn’t work out so instead of being at the giants he’s at the suns.

His mistake was backing himself in. Not a bad way to make a mistake. Self confidence is an admirable trait.

That said, do you reckon he’d be captain of gws?
No, but could very well be in the leadership group.

You’re placing way too much importance on one terrible piece of play from nearly 2 years ago. .

wtf it was this year he got what? two kicks for the whole match! Sad fact you rate cox over witts but hey keep pushing s**t up the hill 👍

hate to break it to you but Grundy and cox combo didn't work either.. I could post many expects calling for cox to be dropped for half fit Moore/reid before the tigers game but I'm way to lazy and I honestly don't think you are worth the time 🤣

Last edited:
Yes and Witts backed himself in to get a game with him rather than be traded elsewhere. Not sure of your point.

Twelve months later Witts realised he had to leave.

Cost us a 1st Round Pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wtf darl it was this year he got what? two kicks for the whole match! Sad fact you rate cox over witts but hey keep pushing s**t up the hill 👍
Not denying he’s had some stinkers, but to discount everything he’s done, including break important games apart like the QB and PF last year is childish. As for my ratings, Cox is a far superior forward to Witts. As a ruckman it’s hard to know, but I suspect Witts would win that battle comfortably.
Darl hate to break it to you but Grundy and cox combo didn't work either.. I could post many expects calling for cox to be dropped for half fit Moore/reid before the tigers game but I'm way to lazy and I honestly don't think you are worth the time 🤣
Not sure how I’m meant to take you seriously if you can’t even spell ‘experts’ properly. I’m sure there were quite a few BF posters wanting Moore in. I may have even said it myself, as I’m of the firm opinion that Moore can do everything Cox can but to a much higher standard. Having said that, having a player like Cox in the team was actually very important to our structures last year, purely because of his contested marking ability, which Witts does not have.

Going on about his bad games doesn’t change anything.

Also I don’t remember many people calling for Cox’ head before the Richmond game. I remember the common sentiment acknowledging he played like s**t in the finals so far but we don’t have any other better options and he’s important to our structure so he had to play anyways.

Not denying he’s had some stinkers, but to discount everything he’s done, including break important games apart like the QB and PF last year is childish. As for my ratings, Cox is a far superior forward to Witts. As a ruckman it’s hard to know, but I suspect Witts would win that battle comfortably.

Not sure how I’m meant to take you seriously if you can’t even spell ‘experts’ properly. I’m sure there were quite a few BF posters wanting Moore in. I may have even said it myself, as I’m of the firm opinion that Moore can do everything Cox can but to a much higher standard. Having said that, having a player like Cox in the team was actually very important to our structures last year, purely because of his contested marking ability, which Witts does not have.

Going on about his bad games doesn’t change anything.
Don’t bother mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back