Traded Jarrad Witts [traded to Gold Coast for picks 44 & 62]

Remove this Banner Ad

I rate Witts as a better prospect than Ceglar before his ACL snapped. Hawks rucks stocks without Ceglar are just about the worst in the AFL. McEvoy is ordinary when he should be in his prime. And Fitzpatrick speaks for himself. Witts is on another level to Fitpatrick. That said, I can't see him going to Hawthorn which is on the brink of a massive rebuild who have arguably the worst youth in the AFL, maybe North Melbourne have more of a dearth of young talent?

It'll be funny as an neutral watching the Fitzpatrik/McEvoy combo in finals though.
I'd assume Fitzpatrick won't be playing unless one of McEvoy or Pittonet go down. Having said that, Pittonet isn't exactly great either. Witts absolutely pantsed him last week.

I'd assume Fitzpatrick won't be playing unless one of McEvoy or Pittonet go down. Having said that, Pittonet isn't exactly great either. Witts absolutely pantsed him last week.

I don't know about that. They have brought in Ftizpatrick this week, and Pittonet has only played 2 games. Either way it's a big step down from Ceglar, Pittonet young and no where near AFL ready, Fitzpatrick the token spud laughing stock player on this site. Hawthorn's ruck and midfield will be a massive liability in finals. I think Collingwood could really have a big edge in this area, despite many players missing, tomorrow.

All that said, what we get for Witts will depend on which club he chooses to go to. It could be that in those circumstances that we get a second, but there'll be pick swaps, even if it is Brisbane and pick 20, cause too many clubs are in the market. If it is Brisbane it'll be pick 20 with pick swaps our way. So using Dlanod's draft pick worth or however he does that, it'll end up to the value inside 10-20 even if we don't get that pick. Anyway, I'm getting a little bored of the discussion. I'll leave it to others for now.

Last edited:
I don't know about that. They have brought in Ftizpatrick this week, and Pittonet has only played 2 games. Either way it's a big step down from Ceglar, Pittonet young and no where near AFL ready, Fitzpatrick the token spud laughing stock player on this site. Hawthorn's ruck and midfield will be a massive liability in finals. I think Collingwood could really have a big edge, despite many players missing, tomorrow.
True about Pittonet. Will be interesting to see the ruck set up the Hawks choose this year.

Giles performance for WC shows the value of insurance rucks.
They don't cost a lot and can be effective if their number one ruck goes down.
Witts should net a result similar to Dawson, Z Smith, Giles.

I don't know about that. They have brought in Ftizpatrick this week, and Pittonet has only played 2 games. Either way it's a big step down from Ceglar, Pittonet young and no where near AFL ready, Fitzpatrick the token spud laughing stock player on this site. Hawthorn's ruck and midfield will be a massive liability in finals. I think Collingwood could really have a big edge in this area, despite many players missing, tomorrow.

All that said, what we get for Witts will depend on which club he chooses to go to. It could be that in those circumstances that we get a second, but there'll be pick swaps, even if it is Brisbane and pick 20, cause too many clubs are in the market. If it is Brisbane it'll be pick 20 with pick swaps our way. So using Dlanod's draft pick worth or however he does that, it'll end up to the value inside 10-20 even if we don't get that pick. Anyway, I'm getting a little bored of the discussion. I'll leave it to others for now.
Pick 20 or whatever pick it becomes is too high let alone more of our picks coming you're way when he isn't a high priority for us

Any1 saying he is worth pick 12th is dreaming. Especially getting it off the dogs. Saying he dominates Vfl every week his numbers are marginally better than Minson and we are not playing him. Stop dreaming and over rating players. Every club over rates there players and sometimes it is a joke

Most think we'll get an early second at best. Maybe package him with something else to push back in the first round, but that would be highly dependent on his destination.
Any1 saying he is worth pick 12th is dreaming. Especially getting it off the dogs. Saying he dominates Vfl every week his numbers are marginally better than Minson and we are not playing him. Stop dreaming and over rating players. Every club over rates there players and sometimes it is a joke

Potential suiters under value players as well, the true value lays somewhere in between, IMO we won't take anything less than a mid second rounder, pick before 25 would be nice.

Picks 28-36 (eg. bottom half of second round) are a fair starting point for Witts I think. From there's, it's up to the buyer to determine how much they want or need him.

Really though, if he's uncontracted and looking to leave, the Pies shouldn't get anything for him, but the half-arsed system we have still dictates that trades must occur for uncontracted players to move, so that's the way it is.

Honestly, if he's willing, I'm happy for him to stay at Collingwood. Nothing wrong with having quality depth among big men.

Gary Buckenara (Herald Sun) - The player they should actually be targeting in a trade from Collingwood is Jarrod Witts. The 209cm ruckman isn’t getting opportunities at the Pies but is dominating at VFL level and he definitely addresses a need because Richmond’s ruck depth is a real problem.

Experienced rucks are hard to get so they’ve got to try and get one and Witts would be a very good fit.

--------------------
Further confirmation of what us Pie fans had been saying.

Gary Buckenara (Herald Sun) - The player they should actually be targeting in a trade from Collingwood is Jarrod Witts. The 209cm ruckman isn’t getting opportunities at the Pies but is dominating at VFL level and he definitely addresses a need because Richmond’s ruck depth is a real problem.

Experienced rucks are hard to get so they’ve got to try and get one and Witts would be a very good fit.

--------------------
Further confirmation of what us Pie fans had been saying.
*Good experienced rucks are hard to get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoever thinks Witts is worth a first round pick or a straight swap for a current best 22 from any club is nuts. It is sickening how Collingwod fans think he is worth that much. IF he was that good he would be playing in their side, no matter how good Grundy is.

Whoever thinks Witts is worth a first round pick or a straight swap for a current best 22 from any club is nuts. It is sickening how Collingwod fans think he is worth that much. IF he was that good he would be playing in their side, no matter how good Grundy is.
Quote any Collingwood fan(Magpiebrute or whatever he was called is exclused) saying he's worth a first rounder (By that you are implying a middle range first rounder).

Also, there is nothing wrong with asking for a current best 22 player, Blair is somehow or for whatever reason part of our current best 22 list. Obviously Witts is worth more than Blair.

I rate him on potential, he could be a very handy pickup for the right club and from what I have seen he is a number 1 ruck. Big fan of Grundy but I believe Witts will be better, not now but as he matures. Just my opinion

I rate him on potential, he could be a very handy pickup for the right club and from what I have seen he is a number 1 ruck. Big fan of Grundy but I believe Witts will be better, not now but as he matures. Just my opinion
Witts is already the better tap ruckman. He had almost double the hitouts Grundy did against Pittonet and Fitzpatrick a fortnight ago. Grundy gets selected ahead of him for his work around the ground more than anything. Having a ruckman who can pick up 20-30 disposals around the ground is invaluable, and at this point Witts is a 15-20 touch player max.

If the two were to go head to head I'd back Witts to get the majority of taps every time.

Witts is already the better tap ruckman. He had almost double the hitouts Grundy did against Pittonet and Fitzpatrick a fortnight ago. Grundy gets selected ahead of him for his work around the ground more than anything. Having a ruckman who can pick up 20-30 disposals around the ground is invaluable, and at this point Witts is a 15-20 touch player max.

If the two were to go head to head I'd back Witts to get the majority of taps every time.

I can't see too many clubs giving up a lot for a one trick pony like our boy Witts.

Clubs need more than just a tap ruckman.

That's why he's not worth that much.

I can't see too many clubs giving up a lot for a one trick pony like our boy Witts.

Clubs need more than just a tap ruckman.

That's why he's not worth that much.
Seems to have worked well enough for Freo with Sandilands.

Seems to have worked well enough for Freo with Sandilands.
Do you think Witts will be as good as Sandilands mate? I just can't see that in him.

I don't think he'll be anywhere near as good as him.

And if he does turn out to be anything at all like Sandilands than the Pies will be shooting themselves in the foot by entertaining any thoughts of trading him.

Grundy acts as an additional midfielder, two different styles, Grundy ahead overall and on team balance

Do you think Witts will be as good as Sandilands mate? I just can't see that in him.

I don't think he'll be anywhere near as good as him.

And if he does turn out to be anything at all like Sandilands than the Pies will be shooting themselves in the foot by entertaining any thoughts of trading him.
He may not be but he has plenty of upside IMHO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back