Free Agency Jarrod Brander - signs with GWS as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe the eagles are getting rid of this bloke!?
Wasn’t it only a couple years ago Most of their fans wouldn’t even trade him for Tim kelly??!!

Kept dribbling on about how he was their most “talented” kpp because they read in an article somewhere that mcgovern thought he wa so it became like gospel amongst eagles folk

Lulz

Wasn’t it only a couple years ago Most of their fans wouldn’t even trade him for Tim kelly??!!

Kept dribbling on about how he was their most “talented” kpp because they read in an article somewhere that mcgovern thought he wa so it became like gospel amongst eagles folk

Lulz
Given your situation with Rory Lobb, it's probably best you don't Lulz too hard.

Would love for Port to take a stab at getting him in and developing him into a key Backman which we are desperate for.

Has the height and aerobic capacity to be a decent backman. Obviously has some skill and still young enough to develop into a decent player.

Similar to Jones now at Carlton
He is not a key backman .

He is afraid of contact just hangs back and trys to jump and spoil .

Doesn't want to engage his opponent or sit in the hole if he has best position.

This is at WAFL level .

He is much more suited to an outside mid role where he has so good weapons at his disposal he has pace and great endurance, good mark and his kicking can really open up games .

He is also ridiculously good in the wet for a big guy . Freakishly good in fact

Last edited:

Would be perfect as a ‘Jack Gunston’ type mobile forward pushing up the ground. Maybe the Hawks see him as insurance if Gunston’s back won’t allow him to play meaningful games anymore? Lot of smoke about the Hawks with this one..
My bet is hawks Mitchell and hickmont have both coached him .

Probably around that 4th rounder of norfs you have somewhere in the 50s unfortunately.

I think we could have got more if we didn't come out and say we were willing to trade him

Or he has already informed us and we have already been in negotiations.

The hawks rumours have been around for a couple of months

Hawks make most sense. They love these kind of pick ups ala Scrimshaw, Scully, frost etc

players with talent who need a fresh start

would like to give him a chance at Carlton tho
I dont see how hed even play for the Hawks, defence is already stacked and they have all of Lewis,Kosi,Gunston,O'Brien and Jeka as key forwards plus the resting ruck that they picked all season long.

I dont see how hed even play for the Hawks, defence is already stacked and they have all of Lewis,Kosi,Gunston,O'Brien and Jeka as key forwards plus the resting ruck that they picked all season long.
Jeka has some talent but is still currently just a VFL player, remains to be seen if he will make it.

Timmy was (once again) shifted back at the end of the year, probably needs to stay back because he is real average forward.

I am guessing we would be hoping he can be the next Gunston who is coming to an end.

Agree. We need mids. But Sam may know him well from WC days, and what he's capable of.
It doesn’t have to be an either/or though

We just need talent, if the club thinks he has some and just needs a different environment it is a no brainer

I doubt a club has promised him anything, there is no reason to keep it secret. It is possible he'll find a home for a token pick, but more likely he gets a rookie contract somewhere. Otherwise, we and others would be keen on him for our VFL team. He is a good state league player just doesn't have the tools to succeed at AFL level.

Do you work in AFL recruitment?

Time will tell just how silly this post is I suppose. No point debating, lets just wait a month and see what unfolds.

I will be surprised if he isn't on an AFL list next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you work in AFL recruitment?

Time will tell just how silly this post is I suppose. No point debating, lets just wait a month and see what unfolds.

I will be surprised if he isn't on an AFL list next year.
So would I. I think someone will pick him up on a rookie contract after you delist him. But an exchange for a token pick is still an option which wouldn't surprise me either.

BTW, I did predict about a month ago that this would happen. You laughed at the prospect of him being delisted if not traded, but here we are.

He is not a key backman .

He is afraid of contact just hangs back and trys to jump and spoil .

Doesn't want to engage his opponent or sit in the hole if he has best position.

This is at WAFL level .

He is much more suited to an outside mid role where he has so good weapons at his disposal he has pace and great endurance, good mark and his kicking can really open up games .

He is also ridiculously good in the wet for a big guy . Freakishly good in fact

I'd take him at Essendon on this fact alone.

Lulz

Think the issue was everybody just misunderstood what the media was saying about him. This story was literally about his house; he was doing renos and didn't have a ceiling.

So would I. I think someone will pick him up on a rookie contract after you delist him. But an exchange for a token pick is still an option which wouldn't surprise me either.

BTW, I did predict about a month ago that this would happen. You laughed at the prospect of him being delisted if not traded, but here we are.

Yes here we are. Where exactly are we? Ah yes, wait to see what will happen.

Oh, and people who really don't know anything acting like they do.

So your money is he gets delisted or walks to the draft and gets selected as a rookie.

Mine is a trade is worked out. A 3rd rounder so 36 to 45 ish or possibly a pick upgrade.

Obviously if North and Brander play / trade dirty he walks to the PSD.

Yes here we are. Where exactly are we? Ah yes, wait to see what will happen.

Oh, and people who really don't know anything acting like they do.

So your money is he gets delisted or walks to the draft and gets selected as a rookie.

Mine is a trade is worked out. A 3rd rounder so 36 to 45 ish or possibly a pick upgrade.

Obviously if North and Brander play / trade dirty he walks to the PSD.

No, I seem to have already been proved correct in my prediction that he would be traded for a late pick or delisted. These seems to be the only options left for him now.

You have been proved to have completely overrated him with your talk of second rounders and swaps with Geelong for Clark, or this cracker

Riiiiight. Highest value now!

Anderson plus a 2nd for Brander.

If needed a future 3rd added to Brander.

Rawlings drafted him and knows his worth.

AA u18 quality KP's are worth more than tough inside mids with ok skills.

North could solve one oftheir KP issues for 10 years.

No, I seem to have already been proved correct in my prediction that he would be traded for a late pick or delisted. These seems to be the only options left for him now.

You have been proved to have completely overrated him with your talk of second rounders and swaps with Geelong for Clark, or this cracker

Mate nothing has actually happened yet and you are claiming you were right and predicted the outcome.

Trade period hasn't even started. LOL.

When something actually happens THEN you can beat your chest, get on your soap box and tell everyone you were right.

In the mean time your standing on a soap box sounding like an idiot desperate for external validation.

Remember all the smug North posters and your coach thinking Gaff was moving to North as a FA? How did that end?

Lulz

The club said that.

"Absolutely not," Vozzo told 6PR.

"We've looked at some pick swaps. Jarrod is contracted to our club for the next three years.

"We made a commitment to him quite a long time ago, and he won't be considered in any of this."

Were you expecting fans to say 'nah trade a 195cm pick 13 after one year as steak knives'?

If I remember correctly he played really well as a defender in 2017 , with his intercept marking being the key. Don’t think he’ll be a tru KPD but think he would make a decent third tall defender. I get a feeling that the squibness dan be eradicated once he bulks up and gets confidence in his body.

another thing I like about him in defence is that he isvery proactive with ball i. Hand and will lookto open the game open with long and direct kicking. He also seems to make upfor the lack of speed by hitting the ball at speed, which allows him time to break away from a contest;

What has happened since may? He can’t have fallen that far off a cliff
View attachment 1241391

He hasn't. His manager is talking tough pushing for a better deal. Has said other clubs are interested so pony up or he leaves.

Eagles like many clubs have a tight cap and are not falling for the 'we have other clubs ready to sign'. So they called the bluff and said 'we will access the situation after the trade period'. If these so called 'interested clubs' are keen they will come to the trade table. If its all hot air then after the trade period the Eagles offer him what they have previously tabled or maybe a bit more but not what his manager has demanded.

Ducks and drakes / smoke and mirrors.

But that story is all too common for the media, happens every year at most clubs, so they misinterpret statements and sensationalise the issue to get clicks.

No-one should be surprised, it is what the media do, make news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back