Free Agency Jarrod Brander - signs with GWS as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
This Leigh Brown?

View attachment 989499

Are you talking about Brander?

Because I do not see any likeness at all. Brown was a brute of a unit. Brander is lighter, faster and much more skillful.

Yes, the same Leigh Brown.

The former top 5 pick that played as a very mobile forward/defender and through the wing as an underage player for Gippsland and in his early days for Freo and North.

A project tall, Victorian, drafted to a Western Australian club in the first round capable of playing most positions on the field.

I would debate him being much more skillful as well. Brown was a decent player and had a bit of hype about him in his first few seasons and probably a much more established player at the same stages of their careers.

It's definitely no slight on Brander being compared to a 250 game, premiership player I would have thought.

1603084480052.png

Last edited:

ibuprofen

The Impaler.
Oct 2, 2019
Romania
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Transylvania Impalers.
Hearing Cats are keen on Brander to play in defence. Bloke is super keen to get back to Vicco.

Should get done for late first or early second 18-25 range.

Probably just being held up by the merry go round.

Hearing Cats are keen on Brander to play in defence. Bloke is super keen to get back to Vicco.

Should get done for late first or early second 18-25 range.

Probably just being held up by the merry go round.

I doubt Geelong has the picks left to do this after their other deals and i doubt WCE would let him go anyway.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Just swap for Jordan Clark, easy. 🤪

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Just swap for Jordan Clark, easy. 🤪

There should be riots in Corio if that happens.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
The annoying thing about Brander is if we trade him, he would absolutely be that kid that suddenly comes good

I think we have to hang onto him now because we have invested too much time into the kid for minimal return atm

I'm surprised there hasn't been more attention, the kid can play. He's not the finished product but he looks like he has the tools to play senior football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm surprised there hasn't been more attention, the kid can play. He's not the finished product but he looks like he has the tools to play senior football.

He needs 8-10 kg's and 2 years at either CHB or CHF. He also needs to go harder at the ball but i think that will come with time and size.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The annoying thing about Brander is if we trade him, he would absolutely be that kid that suddenly comes good

I think we have to hang onto him now because we have invested too much time into the kid for minimal return atm
Reverse J.Kennedy :oops:

Im surprised Richmond have not been into this Kid,We rated him highly in his draft and Jack Riewoldt getting old he would / should be right in our sights

Apr 29, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Thought this one was put to bed a few weeks ago. Article in the West (linked below, behind a paywall)

Basically says he's moving to the backline and training as a key back where WC are quite thin after Barrass and Gov

ibuprofen

The Impaler.
Oct 2, 2019
Romania
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Transylvania Impalers.
Geelong Radio suggesting Brander has been traded for a future second to Geelong. Well agreed apparently. Can't be lodged till later.

Geelong Radio suggesting Brander has been traded for a future second to Geelong. Well agreed apparently. Can't be lodged till later.

Geelong's future second?

If so - cats have done themselves well

He's worth more than pick 35-40 IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back