Free Agency Jarrod Brander - signs with GWS as a DFA

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Brander will 100% go to Collingwood if he is to leave.
Oh yeah because thats a club with a stable list management and recruiting platform...

Collingwood probably the least desirable destination atm.

Their SC is up s**t creek. They are reneging on their own deals. Cant pay their current list. Look to be on the decline on-field.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh yeah because thats a club with a stable list management and recruiting platform...

Collingwood probably the least desirable destination atm.

Their SC is up sh*t creek. They are reneging on their own deals. Cant pay their current list. Look to be on the decline on-field.

Its a club who can give us more value for a contracted player. Brander can also walk into the 22 whereas in Geelong he is back in the spot he is in now. Behind a ton of ageing KPPs

Geelong's future second?

If so - cats have done themselves well

He's worth more than pick 35-40 IMO

Heck id even throw in narkle with a future 2nd to get that done..but i doubt you guys trade him that cheap..no way you do it unless it gets you back in the first round..for example sending brander and a r2 or 3 for a r1..id be staggered if you traded him that cheap now after fending off our advances for him the last 2 years.

Its a club who can give us more value for a contracted player. Brander can also walk into the 22 whereas in Geelong he is back in the spot he is in now. Behind a ton of ageing KPPs

Henderson is year to year (and essentially ideally a backup player) blicavs can be used in a lot of different roles and kolo is more a medium tall than a true tall defender. Brander would walk into CHB at geelong. That said i doubt you trade him.

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
He was worth more than Tim Kelly 12 months ago. Can't see him being let go for just a 2nd rounder - wait and see for me.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Cant believe this to be true for 2 reasons

Way too cheap for a KPP like Brander who was pick #13
Nothing even mentioned on trade radio about Brander and some regional station mentioning it
The poster who initially suggested it has been trolling West Coast threads for days. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
No idea if this will happen but I don't really get why people think a 2nd rounder is ridiculously cheap. He's played 11 games in 3 years and never been that close to the best 22. The most games he's played in a row is 4 which was early this year when West Coast were terrible. Even going in to finals this year Schofield, Rotham and Williams were all picked in round 18 as talls ahead of him. I get he was rated at draft time but has he shown anything at AFL level to suggest he'll make it?

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
No idea if this will happen but I don't really get why people think a 2nd rounder is ridiculously cheap. He's played 11 games in 3 years and never been that close to the best 22. The most games he's played in a row is 4 which was early this year when West Coast were terrible. Even going in to finals this year Schofield, Rotham and Williams were all picked in round 18 as talls ahead of him. I get he was rated at draft time but has he shown anything at AFL level to suggest he'll make it?
I don't think it's ridiculously cheap but we just have no real reason to trade him for that price given he's still in contract, doesn't seem to have requested a trade and we've put 3 years of development into him. Given his size/build and our key position stocks he was always going to take time to work his way into our best 22, the guys got talent it's just been a matter of him growing into his body and finding the right position for him.

ibuprofen

The Impaler.
Oct 2, 2019
Romania
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Transylvania Impalers.
The poster who initially suggested it has been trolling West Coast threads for days. I wouldn't take it too seriously.
How have I trolled WCE supporters? And for days? I don't think I've barely mentioned WCE. The only comment I can recall is that I said its ludicrous to compare Jeremy Cameron's ten years of service to Tim Kelly's one year of service when he first requested a trade. Hardly trolling.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don't think it's ridiculously cheap but we just have no real reason to trade him for that price given he's still in contract, doesn't seem to have requested a trade and we've put 3 years of development into him. Given his size/build and our key position stocks he was always going to take time to work his way into our best 22, the guys got talent it's just been a matter of him growing into his body and finding the right position for him.
Sound a lot like Brisbane fan about Alex witherden .

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
On trade radio they were talking with Glass and during the interview they asked if he was done and he said yes but he got a call from Blair Hartley and thought here we go again. Blair just rang up to see how he was going and if all was finished and nothing else but to me i thought straight away that he was not declaring what the real conversation was about. Knowing we rated Brander highly in the draft and with the Higgins trade complete i personally think it was the question being asked about if there was any move on brander possible.

Back