Jarrod Garlett to West Coast in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes a lot of sense when upon the announcement of him leaving the suns, the Suns made a point of stating that he would be ineligible to play AFL until 2019, but then retracted that statement a short time later. Not sure what has to occur for him to be eligible to play for either WA side, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him run out for either side next year.

Christ, do you even know what happened? Clearly something serious as he didn't request a trade during the trade period.

I don't doubt it was serious, however don't think this path won't be taken advantage of in the future. He should either sit out for his contract and go into the draft or GC need some sort of compensation. I'm surprised this hasn't been done.......wait it's the AFL, not surprised at all.

I don't doubt it was serious, however don't think this path won't be taken advantage of in the future. He should either sit out for his contract and go into the draft or GC need some sort of compensation. I'm surprised this hasn't been done.......wait it's the AFL, not surprised at all.
The fact that they have let him go for nothing says to me it's a very serious matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be disappointed from our perspective if that was the case.. and his, actually.

Not against having him on our list as he is very talented, but he obviously has some issues away from footy that need to come first. He signed a contract, I still think players should be made accountable to that, even if the suns did the right thing and let him go.

Even if we hadn't been enquiring about him prior to this- it would be difficult to prove otherwise if he signed in the coming weeks. Not a great look.

This is McCarthy all over again..... He either gets traded to another club or sits out until his contract is up. Sure it is tragic if something serious has happened in is life to make him break his contract so I have no issue with him moving back to WA to deal with it but there has to be some consequences for his actions. The GCS have helped him out massively by releasing him from his contract, him walking to another club is a massive slap in the face and sets a huge president for players walking out on clubs.

I spilt my coffee when I read this, hint: GWS, Brisbane, GCS getting priorities is draft tampering. The bottom line is draft WA's indigenous boys all you like but they will want to come home and play for one of the WA teams eventually.

As long as you trade for then then fair enough. Having the kid walk out and in to a club is bullshit.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back