News Jarrod Pickett nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

We traded for him separately after the other trade was done. Why wouldn't we have just thrown the 3 in to the same trade if he was baggage?

I think we have taken him for experience should we lose Murphy or Gibbs for half a season again.

Palmer discussions on this board were had weeks before the trade.

Palmer discussions on this board were had weeks before the trade.

I know. The question was whether it is purely a salary dump or we had a use for him. I am thinking the latter.

Really good to see Pickett out on the track already.

I don't know how much he'll get done through the preseason but he'll obviously benefit enormously from being out there.

We may well see him at senior level sooner than we first thought.
Just for the record...
Jarrod wont be playing round one AFL or probably vfl either....may see him soonish after the start of season however....
he has had a long lay off. of several months. post surgery...they will have to build him up slowly on the weak foot...

ps..ligaments take longer than bone to heal ,hence the concern something is wrong,...no it just takes a lot of time..eg.one year post surgery.
if we saw him mid season at AFL would be pretty good considering he may need some pre training build up for his sake.

when you think we've added palmer marchbank pickett plus picks 5 & 25 its definitely some talent coming through the door. if a smedts or a jaksch and a couple of later picks stand up we could do well next year
I'm so looking forward to seeing what Pickett & Co will bring to the table next year.
And if Levi could get his s**t together and kick 50+ goals we might actually get excited when he takes a big grab ;)

i just wanna like palmer and in this case its rhys not mrs. every part of my inner blue wants him to do well and not have him become the new whipping boy.

I'm so looking forward to seeing what Pickett & Co will bring to the table next year.
And if Levi could get his s**t together and kick 50+ goals we might actually get excited when he takes a big grab ;)
Pickett reminds me of christensen...an underrated gun...elite speed,tank,team man...and scores goals.
Yep truth though we are in for another big clean out next year...Jasch and Casboult disappointment wagon has been rolling for a long time,and will probably roll out the door next year...along with quite a few others...which is not surprising with our grim list .
We can draft heavily next year and trade[again]...we now have people even wanting to come and play for us giving us some hope....
One more big clean out..one more good trade/draft and we are moving towards top eight...it has already and will still take a lot of work to do that.
CARRRRNNN.....!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett reminds me of christensen...an underrated gun...elite speed,tank,team man...and scores goals.
Yep truth though we are in for another big clean out next year...Jasch and Casboult disappointment wagon has been rolling for a long time,and will probably roll out the door next year...along with quite a few others...which is not surprising with our grim list .
We can draft heavily next year and trade[again]...we now have people even wanting to come and play for us giving us some hope....
One more big clean out..one more good trade/draft and we are moving towards top eight...it has already and will still take a lot of work to do that.
CARRRRNNN.....!!
It's been around 28 players turned over and yes 1 more decent list turnover should bring that number to a possible 35 or 36 players out the door and replaced.
By the start of the 2018 season, the club would have turned over close to 80% and that will typify why we had the worst list in the AFL, devoid of talent, balance and no foundation from which to build from.

Just for the record...
Jarrod wont be playing round one AFL or probably vfl either....may see him soonish after the start of season however....
he has had a long lay off. of several months. post surgery...they will have to build him up slowly on the weak foot...

ps..ligaments take longer than bone to heal ,hence the concern something is wrong,...no it just takes a lot of time..eg.one year post surgery.
if we saw him mid season at AFL would be pretty good considering he may need some pre training build up for his sake.

You're right about ligaments - you can never be too careful - CONSERVATIVE APPROACH NEEDED; having said that, how often do sportspeople push too early and too hard? Like warning your kids about dangerous driving - it's always someone else who'll have the accident.

You're right about ligaments - you can never be too careful - CONSERVATIVE APPROACH NEEDED; having said that, how often do sportspeople push too early and too hard? Like warning your kids about dangerous driving - it's always someone else who'll have the accident.

Have to wonder how often sports scientists clash with sports doctors and physios

It's been around 28 players turned over and yes 1 more decent list turnover should bring that number to a possible 35 or 36 players out the door and replaced.
By the start of the 2018 season, the club would have turned over close to 80% and that will typify why we had the worst list in the AFL, devoid of talent, balance and no foundation from which to build from.
I would have thought at least 36 for the three years..possibly 38[ten next year].including Bryce who will still want to go to Adelaide next year and we collect their first rounder...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back