Player Watch Jarrod Witts (Traded to GCS 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

All I can say is that if he won the B&f it doesn't say much for the GCS, he was horrible when he played for us, sometimes people have short memories

He was a powderpuff when he played for us.

Like most big guys it takes years to come good which he has now.

But winning GC B&F would be like finishing 12th in our B&F

None of us has a crystal ball, time waits for no one and he had been on the list for some time without realizing his true potential. At times you have to pull the plug and say enough.

No one can say before hand that it's the right or wrong call but players can't be left on the list perpetually on 'potential'.

It wasn't our call, Witts asked to be traded.

And he was always going to be a very good ruckman.

Jonathon Ceglar - another one -

We are turning into a ruck feeder club :oops:

Ceglar was let go because he was a DH, not because of a lack of talent.

Still makes me laugh how cheap we gave this guy away, anyone with half a brain knew he was good just needs to be the number 1 ruck.

Would be a top 5 ruckman now.

He joins Andrew Schauble, Pail Williams and I think Scott Russell who left the Pies and won B&F’s at their next club

Always liked Witts and thought we got absolutely robbed in that trade. Its funny how things work out though.. suppose Witts comes on a little sooner in his development and we might have seen our ruck needs filled and overlooked Grundy. All worked out for the best though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he won one at Sydney. May have been mistaken

Russell went to St Kilda with T. Francis, and played for a year. Neither starred.

^ EDIT: Wrong, Russell went to Sydney.

Are you thinking of Paul Williams?

Last edited:
Tony Francis was s**t at St Kilda.
I suppose that’s the club the washed up go to. Hannebery keeping it going.

Well done Jarrod.

Has been awesome for the Suns. Exactly what they need more of.

And yes we got ripped on this trade, but in the end Grundy's an AA and Jarrod is now a bnf.

So for me win/win.

Always liked Witts and thought we got absolutely robbed in that trade. Its funny how things work out though.. suppose Witts comes on a little sooner in his development and we might have seen our ruck needs filled and overlooked Grundy. All worked out for the best though.

That is a Good Point and I had that Thought go in my head when Reading here. What Happened IF Witts came on Faster and did not get Injured.

Could we have Traded Grundy instead?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back