Player Watch Jarryd Blair (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong body, monster kick
That was his point of difference.
Rreally long kick even on his left foot.

Very under rated. I forget at times too when thinking about past players.

They should be creative at Collingwood and have awards for PBs... any sub 180cm player who kicks a goal beyond 55m should get the Dougie Barwick award at years end. Do it.
You know great idea.
Great.

He could roost them. Very accurate too.
Loved a goal.

That where he had such strong worth. Beautiful kick.

Small man with a big heart congratulations Blairy 150 games and a premiership medal is an achievement most of us could only dream about.

OK Blairy

You arent the most popular man on this board, and I should confess you have on occasions had me asking WTF? with some of the things you have or havent done on game day.

But at your 150 game milestone I am thinking of the once fairly zippy and reliably determined tackler and the and small guy who was capable of pulling out some handy kicks for goal.

No matter what anyone here says, you will go to your post football career as a man who donned the Black and White 150 times and has a Premiership medal.

May whatever else you do with your life be a success and may you and your family be happy (and if you ever have kids which look like being any good can you point them in the direction of the Pies who will be able to get them with a Father Son, thanks to your contribution).

Thank you, and enjoy the day

As far as F/S is concerned, we need to pair him with a 6 foot 6 inch woman, and a stepladder.

And Game of Thrones starts Monday

:) :) :)

I wish he wouldn't slide in to peoples legs. He's given take out someones ACL if he doesn't stop. Thought he was our worst yesterday but oddly enough it wasn't a horrible game from Blair.

I wish he wouldn't slide in to peoples legs. He's given take out someones ACL if he doesn't stop. Thought he was our worst yesterday but oddly enough it wasn't a horrible game from Blair.
No one can ever question his commitment. But the sliding into the legs is a tactic of a now bygone era.
One of my biggest issues when we play Blair is the way he changes our in50 entries.
For some reason, we believe he is a leading forward and the players kick it to him on the lead time and time again.
Invariably he loses the ball and we get done on the rebound.
Why he even leads is beyond me. He is a crumber, not a marker. 150 games and he still doesn't understand........

Not tall enough.
We need to produce an average size player, not another midget.

(Geez I'm gunna get in trouble for using the "m" word.)
Margo Dydek was 7' 2" but alas she has died a while back. Played highest level basketball.

Last edited:
No one can ever question his commitment. But the sliding into the legs is a tactic of a now bygone era.
One of my biggest issues when we play Blair is the way he changes our in50 entries.
For some reason, we believe he is a leading forward and the players kick it to him on the lead time and time again.
Invariably he loses the ball and we get done on the rebound.
Why he even leads is beyond me. He is a crumber, not a marker. 150 games and he still doesn't understand........
Zheng Haixia at 6' 8" former Chinese basketball star.
She's 50 now so young Jarryd just has to think French macron and off he goes.

IMG_1478.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy to see Blairy get his 150th game and his team mates rally to get a win in homage to his contribution to the club over the years. Played an okay game but realistically should be heading back to the VFL this week. Greenwood, Broomhead and Phillips all offer more, Wills needs some senior reward, Kirby, Brown and Daicos all need senior exposure and time for Blairy to again do the team thing and vacate his senior spot.

Great goals.
Against Essendon, Carlton, StKilda.
Powerhouses of the league the past half decade.....
Yeah I guess there is not much to see here.

Still the goals you knock

The St Kilda one you say wasn't against a powerhouse was in a Grand Final, still only a drawn one, still take it away and we don't win the flag.
Carlton goals , a couple of them were from the day he kicked 5 against the baggars in a season they finished 5th on the ladder. I would never be unhappy with a Collingwood player turning it on against the Blues
One of the Essendon ones was the winning goal when we beat the Bombers by a point on ANZAC day. Only match the Dons lost in the 1st 9 rounds that season. What a fantastic moment that was, one any Pie fan would recall instantly.

Even the amazing GWS snap from the boundary last season when they had been undefeated at home and we're sitting 2nd on the ladder was.............

Yeah I guess you are right, pretty pedestrian highlight reel.

Have always liked Blairy.
Great story coming off the rookie list after sustained good form for 12-18 months in the VFL. Timed his run perfectly and was involved in a premiership.

150 games of AFL is a great effort and it's hard to question his endeavour and commitment.

When watching him in the side of late, I just don't see a position for him... up forward we have Elliott, Fasolo and hopefully Kirby, Daicos start getting games soon.

He isn't a backman.

We have enough midfielders and most of which would be played in front of him.

Sadly I think Blairys senior game time is numbered but would love to see him stay on at the club in the VFL. If he played a full season in the VFL I would actually back him in for the league B&F. Looks a class above VFL but a class below AFL.

Have always liked Blairy.
Great story coming off the rookie list after sustained good form for 12-18 months in the VFL. Timed his run perfectly and was involved in a premiership.

150 games of AFL is a great effort and it's hard to question his endeavour and commitment.

When watching him in the side of late, I just don't see a position for him... up forward we have Elliott, Fasolo and hopefully Kirby, Daicos start getting games soon.

He isn't a backman.

We have enough midfielders and most of which would be played in front of him.

Sadly I think Blairys senior game time is numbered but would love to see him stay on at the club in the VFL. If he played a full season in the VFL I would actually back him in for the league B&F. Looks a class above VFL but a class below AFL.
Well put

I thank him for his input.
Got the last bit of his ability out of himself.

And like very few on here, if any, has played 150 games plus for Collingwood, and a premiership player.

So no doubt that is well achieved.

I dips my lid to him, whilst it's true not my first picked, still congratulations. He achieved the ultimate.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back