Player Watch Jarryd Blair (Delisted 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

How the flip is this bloke unsigned and still on the list at this late point? Can he realistically walk away to another club or be delisted still?
I assume he can only be DFA if Collingwood withdraws the contract offer?
Otherwise into the draft he goes.
I also assume that no club has offered him a better deal as yet (more than 1 year).
Unless...a club has indicated they will squeeze him in, subject to draft situation i.e if we have a spot remaining after draft, we will sign you...??
It is indeed most peculiar.

I think Blair is a good solid depth player and you need those at your club. Unfortunately, I think we should get rid of him not because he's not good enough to be a part of the squad, but because I have a feeling that our coaches think he's better than he is.

As long as we have Blair I think he will play week in, week out because it's safe.

I think Blair is a good solid depth player and you need those at your club. Unfortunately, I think we should get rid of him not because he's not good enough to be a part of the squad, but because I have a feeling that our coaches think he's better than he is.

As long as we have Blair I think he will play week in, week out because it's safe.
if he has been only afford a one year contract is correct, then that means his spot in the team
is not safe at all. and the coaches may be have him on notice

Do you have news?
Or are you just giving us your views on a fav?
No news
Just love a premiership player who never gives less than his best, never causes trouble, is loved much more by the players than the supporters, has played 100+ games and epitomises so many traits that are to be admired.

What's not to love

No news
Just love a premiership player who never gives less than his best, never causes trouble, is loved much more by the players than the supporters, has played 100+ games and epitomises so many traits that are to be admired.

What's not to love
Probably the only thing not to love is his output on the field. I hope he can have a really solid year because he might find himself on the outer otherwise.

No news

What's not to love
change your love to blair from cloke?

change your love to blair from cloke?
Nah look at my posting history. Always been a Blair man. Still am a fan of Trav. Reckon he will do well in 2017.

Probably the only thing not to love is his output on the field. I hope he can have a really solid year because he might find himself on the outer otherwise.
Needs a few more goals but otherwise it's ok. If he gets pushed out for better options that's fine but t still has to happen yet. Blairy won't go down without a fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No news

What's not to love

Slow.
Can't kick over a jam tin.
Doesn't kick goals.
Tackles are largely innefective.
Doesn't set up goals.
Doesn't rove packs.
Not creative.
Not elusive.
No xfactor.
Thinks he's our CHF.

Oh my bad it was a rhetorical question.

Slow.
Can't kick over a jam tin.
Doesn't kick goals.
Tackles are largely innefective.
Doesn't set up goals.
Doesn't rove packs.
Not creative.
Not elusive.
No xfactor.
Thinks he's our CHF.

Oh my bad it was a rhetorical question.
I accept he is a journey man footballer squeezing every bit of the talent he has out. I am not going to mount a great defence of his ability it's not really what I was posting about. I would just offer one rider. If you put the above description of Blair to the likes of Pendles, Treloar, Sidey etc and said this is my view of him as a player I suspect they would pretty quickly tell you you are missing a lot of what he brings to the table. They would value him much more highly than you.

My posting was more about a contrast to the largely negative way he is viewed by many supporters. In life in general I have always admired the hard workers and people who are not prepared to accept limitations others place on them. Blair has won me over because he just works and tries and sacrifices for the team. He is borderline 22 and probably outside the 22 with a full list. I have no doubt he understands his position implicitly. He has never caused trouble as far as I can tell, has never been seen not to try or to get by on just doing enough. A Collingwood player with such obvious positive character traits I can only wish the best for. I like him.

Guess I don't understand why you are so dirty on him. Don't understand the motivation to drag down a non football ability post praising other qualities about him by listing all the football ability flaws that so annoy you.

I accept he is a journey man footballer squeezing every bit of the talent he has out. I am not going to mount a great defence of his ability it's not really what I was posting about. I would just offer one rider. If you put the above description of Blair to the likes of Pendles, Treloar, Sidey etc and said this is my view of him as a player I suspect they would pretty quickly tell you you are missing a lot of what he brings to the table. They would value him much more highly than you.

My posting was more about a contrast to the largely negative way he is viewed by many supporters. In life in general I have always admired the hard workers and people who are not prepared to accept limitations others place on them. Blair has won me over because he just works and tries and sacrifices for the team. He is borderline 22 and probably outside the 22 with a full list. I have no doubt he understands his position implicitly. He has never caused trouble as far as I can tell, has never been seen not to try or to get by on just doing enough. A Collingwood player with such obvious positive character traits I can only wish the best for. I like him.

Guess I don't understand why you are so dirty on him. Don't understand the motivation to drag down a non football ability post praising other qualities about him by listing all the football ability flaws that so annoy you.
Brilliantly put.
The lack of appreciation of what Blair does offer to the team/club is a poor reflection on some posters imo. This is a guy whose commitment and attitude to playing for the team can never be questioned and he has been more than serviceable. He does a lot of heavy lifting in and under on the bottom of packs does Blairy. If people are annoyed that Blair still gets a game (and justifiably) they should look beyond the player (who gives his all) to those who have orchestrated a rebuild in which he has been a regular in the best 22.

After our recruiting and with players returning from injury, Blair cannot possibly be a part of our best 22 as 2017 progresses. Suspect he gets an early go before being pushed out after one or two underwhelming games.

Would love to see young Brown take his place early in the season. I think they will end up similar players but Brown's output will be much higher.

AND someone needs to tell him he's not the CHF, (or at least tell the kicker).
I'm sick of seeing the ball kicked to him with taller and too many opponents on him!

THIS. HAPPENS. EVERY. WEEK. PI$$E$ ME OFF

I know.
You'd think they'd know by now as I yell it out every time!

So true but in defence of him not his fault they kick to him with three opponents.

No doubt. It's either Blair makes good position in F50 or the defenders know they have an extra split second to get to Blair for an easy spoil, so leave him relatively open. The defenders will have to be a bit more honest with Mayne and this could open up more one-on-one opportunities across the F50. At least we won't have Nathan Brown kicking it like that to him in the centre of the ground for an easy spoil, turnover scooped up by another opponent and easy goal to opposition.

You asked whats not to love.

I was just answering and being a smart-ass.

Blair cannot possibly be a part of our best 22 as 2017 progresses. Suspect he gets an early go before being pushed out after one or two underwhelming games.

This has been the starting position for Blair each year since 2010/11 but he has kept his spot. His tenacity and application has seen him play close to 150 games.

I find criticism of Blair unfair. He is just doing the very best he can which is ultimately all you can ask from a player. It is not his fault nobody has come along and pushed him out through weight of performance.

Each year I hope he gets overtaken but it hasn't happened. Hopefully it will happen this year, but if not, I will not be blaming Blair.

No news

What's not to love
His ability on field

Ironically, I'd say it's little man syndrome.

No doubt. It's either Blair makes good position in F50 or the defenders know they have an extra split second to get to Blair for an easy spoil, so leave him relatively open. The defenders will have to be a bit more honest with Mayne and this could open up more one-on-one opportunities across the F50. At least we won't have Nathan Brown kicking it like that to him in the centre of the ground for an easy spoil, turnover scooped up by another opponent and easy goal to opposition.
Lol. How often did Brown actually do that? Once?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back