Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NUFC
Just how good is this kid.

how the hell does someone come from oblivion, make a debut for a side that ends up finishing on top of the ladder, and demands a place in the 22. you simply can't drop him.

he's got nice skills

great work ethic

great determination.

pretty good awareness and composure.

he's going to be a player for us for a years to come :thumbsu:

5 goal assists and set up the didak goal..
Starting to look even better than other youngsters like beams, sidey, wells

He does like to duck under and break tackles. Good use of his free arm to brush aside tackles too. Very entertaining.

Just love the mighty mouse.

I reckon he will fit inside the GF trophy and can imagine Leroy carrying both above his head in a lap of honour:)

Absolute love the way this kid goes about his business. I had the pleasure of going out to dinner with him, rusty and tristan francis. And he is the same height as me.. im 174. All local coaches and TAC level coaches prodimanently(sp?) look for taller players, but Jarryd has shown that you dont have to be extremely tall to do well at the elite level.

Just how good is this kid.

how the hell does someone come from oblivion, make a debut for a side that ends up finishing on top of the ladder, and demands a place in the 22. you simply can't drop him.

he's got nice skills

great work ethic

great determination.

pretty good awareness and composure.

he's going to be a player for us for a years to come :thumbsu:

Because for some strange reason about 10 or so years ago recruiters and clubs decided that anyone under 180 cms was not worth looking at. Its not like the kid has come from no where. He was the dominate midfielder in the state under 18 comp. His own coach said he would be a 200 game player and likened him to brent harvey. He could not believe he was overlooked in the draft proper. Last time i looked there is more uncontested footy these days than then 20 years ago and bugger all contested marks. I would have though any short bloke who reads the play well, puts his head over the ball, has good skills and pace is bound to have a chance of making it. Id argue blair was always destined to be this good and fortunately we have a recruiter who has been prepared to look at what he can bring rather than what he cant bring, even if it did take him until pick 9 in the rookie draft to grab him.

You know what, I see this kid and I think Alan Richardson.

Tough as guts, good composure under pressure, works his little backside off, and covers for his size deficiency.

Thought when he completely ducked under the tackle was hilarious. Shows sometimes being small has its advantages.

Well done pocket rocket. Get ready for the heat in 2 weeks time.

I love the little bugger, he just doesn't care that he's a foot smaller then everyone else, he just keeps going like the energizer bunny.

He is so evasive too, he just knows when he is going to be tackled, and just slips under them.

He was bloody good last night, and every time he plays he sets up at least 5 goal attempts.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's like a mini Anvil, and you can never have too many Anvil's - no matter what the size

LOL

Jarryd Blair is just 'epic'. He comes into the minor premiership team who has players who are fighting to get into the side and justs does everything right to keep his spot. :thumbsu:

Article about him on the Collingwood site

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/101973/default.aspx

COLLINGWOOD’S Jarryd Blair began the season on his club’s rookie list so the prospect of playing senior football, let alone in an AFL premiership, was beyond his wildest dreams.

That is why he’s determined to keep making every post a winner as he continues his remarkable journey in 2010 and nears what would be a dramatic rise from rookie elevation to Collingwood premiership player.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/101973/default.aspx

It really would be amazing if he manages to become a premiership player, whilst still on the rookie list.

We've found another player here.

He's like a mini Anvil, and you can never have too many Anvil's - no matter what the size

I reckon "The Anvil Chronicles" has found a forminable sidekick for our hero Leeroy Brown!

I love how he ducks through tackles and just bursts off with his tiny legs. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back