Certified Legendary Thread Convicted Rapist: Jarryd Hayne - Fumbling and Quitting the Lifelong Dreams ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe he thinks he can waltz back in and spearhead the Bradyless Patriots.

Yep, I can see it now, Jayney is actually "born to be a quarterback", not a running back - he just got his "backs" confused, and went in the wrong way from the back...

Patriots S Nate Ebner was selected to represent USA Rugby at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio.

Ebner was a standout as a junior rugby player, earning team MVP honors multiple times on the world stage. He took a leave of absence from the Patriots in May to chase his dream of competing in the Olympics. The rugby competition ends on August 11, so Ebner should rejoin the Patriots by mid-August at the latest.

Source: ESPN

So Hayne didn't have to 'retire' to chase the Olympic dream. Hmmm... Almost like everything he says and does is driven by a haphazard, insincere PR strategy. tigernova you must feel so used.

Last edited:
One possible stumbling block to an NRL return is the status of Hayne's long-time agent Wayne Beavis. The NRL is moving into the next phase of its salary cap investigation into Parramatta and is now focusing on the role of player managers and potentially even players.

Given there are a number of dubious deals involving Hayne - including $465,000 of off-the-books payments - it's possible both Hayne and Beavis could be questioned by the governing body before any deal is rubber-stamped.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...fulltime-switch-to-rugby-20160720-gqa6yl.html

Jesus told Crooked Hayne to take the brown paper bag money. Sounds like tax evasion too. tigernova

Maybe Hayne is smarter than we give him credit for. He maybe saw the writing on the wall with the Eels fraud case, and bolted to the US hoping to be free of repercussion / legal trouble.

Oh who am i kidding.....he aint that smart.

If he was smart he would've jumped to Union.

He kinda did, but 4 minutes in London stuffed that up and now the Waratahs have said no thanks.

His only option now is a return to the NRL as a double failure

Only "double"? Are you saying his NFL venture was a success? :drunk:

Only "double"? Are you saying his NFL venture was a success? :drunk:

Whats the time line on something being able to be labelled a venture? Id be inclined to label it an experience.

The kind of thing tourists pay for: "Have you ever dreamed of being on an NFL roster for an entire season? Working out and training with the practice squad? How about lacing up Colin Kaepernick's cleats on game day? What about sitting under punts, shitting yourself, knowing very well you are about to muff another? Well this once in a lifetime experience can be yours for only $ (insert price tag)"

God i love this footage, commentary, thumbnail and title :D

Last edited:
It's official. Hayne quit the NFL because it was too hard.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/americ...l/news-story/0f5e72d6813cd4c38b6979a70f6baf93

In May, the 28-year-old spectacularly left the San Francisco 49ers to play Rugby Sevens in a bid to win an Olympic berth with the Fijian team.

While some thought he may have been tapped on the shoulder by new 49ers coach Chip Kelly and told he wasn’t going to make the final cut, Hayne has put this theory to bed when speaking on The Locker Room podcast, saying his reasoning revolved around game time.

“I need to be getting game time and you just can’t get that over there (in the NFL) because of the way it works,” Hayne said.

“The offence is only on for a certain amount of time and then there’s five other running backs.

“If there was a second division team where I could get those mental reps of being on the field, 100 per cent I’d go back to the NFL.

“I’m at the end of my career where I really (have) just got to get on the field. I just want to be on the field. I’ve played eight games in two years.

“If I went back there to the NFL it’d be one of those things where I’d be a second or third string guy helping out but not really getting a lot of game time.”

Hayne starred in the pre-season for San Francisco, surprising his new American audience, particularly with his kick returns. But he found out the hard way pre-season form doesn’t mean anything when you hit the big time.

Of the eight games he played, the former Parramatta Eel had just 17 carries for 52 rushing yards as a running back, made 27 yards as a receiver and 76 yards from eight kick returns, according to NFL.com.

While there are some who have criticised Hayne and his penchant for following his “dreams”, he said going over to the US had nothing to do with becoming a big name in a second country.

“From my NFL experience it wasn’t about fame or money, it was about an opportunity,” he said.

“People get opportunities in life and the door only opens for so long.”

When news broke of his decision to try and get on a plane to Rio, those same critics rolled their eyes as the Hayne Plane once again gained the attention of Australian sports fans. But clearly he doesn’t care, saying even though he didn’t make the Olympic squad, his time in the set-up was still well spent because of how he could help his teammates.

“When I went back to Fiji, it gave me that passion and fire to really help back there and help the guys get contracts,” Hayne said.

“One of the boys that didn’t make it (in the sevens side), I’m in negotiations to get him over here now.

“God’s purpose in life doesn’t mean you’re putting a medal around your neck or lifting a trophy, it means you’re doing something for someone else. That’s where I see the Rio journey.”

The Aussie made a hash of his first touch in the NFL when he fumbled a punt, and from then he had far fewer opportunities on special teams, preferred mainly as a running back by then-coach Jim Tomsula.

Carlos Hyde was ahead of him in the pecking order of running backs, while he also faced serious competition from the likes of Mike Davis and DuJuan Harris. The lack of game time meant he clearly didn’t think he would have the opportunity to improve enough to oust his more experienced teammates.

Fair enough, too. How many league converts have gone to rugby union only to be bored on the wing because they barely get to touch the ball? It’s a similar scenario here for Hayne with the NFL.

After joining the Fiji Sevens squad, the ex-Kangaroo again struggled for game time. Debuting at the final event of the World Series in London, he managed just 11 minutes after coming off the bench in each of Fiji’s matches.

When Hayne was cut from the Fiji squad — ending his Olympic dream — debate raged about what his future held. Parramatta would love to see him return to Sydney’s west in the NRL — and they would nearly have room for him under the salary cap after Kieran Foran’s shock walk-out earlier this year — while talk of yet another code switch to rugby’s 15-a-side format abounded.

He has met with ARU officials in recent times, but the NSW Waratahs recently passed on signing the gun athlete.

It has since been reported he may be to off to French rugby, possibly with Toulon — the former side of Aussie playmaker Quade Cooper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does he realise this makes it sound like he has no heart and no drive? Even worse it just shouts that he isn't suitable for team sports.

Why can't he just say something along the lines of "I loved my time in the NFL but I want to play the game I grew up with". Just say something stupid to flatter the loyalists and they'll worship you forever.

Every sane NFL supporter knows that Jayne would've been stuck as 6th or 7th on the depth chart for RBs and not be a PR after last years fumbles.

Of course, he couldn't do it humbly, he had his ego get in the way and sook about it.

To be fair to Hayne, has anyone ever actually called for a fair catch on Madden?

Id did back in the day. * wasting yards on a return. I was more interested in inflating my QB's and RB's numbers.

Hey, madden people, did Hayne actually make the game? I ask because if he did i would love to see someone recreate his muffed punt for me on Madden.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back