Jarryd Hayne Quits the NRL, Quit the NFL, Quits Rugby Sevens, chases the money to the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be watching the presser on Fox Sports at 10.30 to watch him say that it's always been a dream of his to live on the GC earning $1.2m per year.

On the signing itself - I know Parra were paying him in brown paper bags, but given how many 3rd party arrangements go **** up, even brown paper bags is a better situation than hoping 3rd parties will be good on their word.

Wait... he "never in his wildest dreams" thought he'd end up at GC, and not at the club he grew up with?

This s**t bloke is a one-man circus :D

lol....this is so awkward. He spoke like he was at a funeral.

"It is what it is" lol

It really is - I don't know how I'd feel about this if I'm the CEO sitting next to him. Clearly he doesn't want to be playing for GC, and he'd be at Parra if the place wasn't currently too much of a basketcase to offer him a deal.

It really is - I don't know how I'd feel about this if I'm the CEO sitting next to him. Clearly he doesn't want to be playing for GC, and he'd be at Parra if the place wasn't currently too much of a basketcase to offer him a deal.
I liked the first reason he listed for going to the Titans.

"They're not a rival of Parra" LOL

In the Sydney Morning Herald the other day they said Parramatta could sign him but only for 2017 onward (because their 2016 season is finished). Maybe he's super impatient? "Grrr what do you mean the Eels don't want to pay me to play in junk games?!"

A chance to debut this weekend.
Sad that he hasn't come back but if there was any other club to go to I'm glad it's them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see what sort of form he's in. Unfortunately the Warriors get to find out first.
Will probably fumble his first touch.

Also the fact he's allowed to play as early as this week is a disgrace. June 30 deadline? What deadline? :rolleyes:

He's exempt as his last club wasn't a RL one. Fair enough.

I don't understand this rule. Why is this in place? If there's a deadline for being able to sign players shouldn't that be for anyone, whether they come from a different code or not?

June 30 relates to all RL players just stops a player playing for say Souths then the next week turning out for Melbourne a week before finals. Clubs are allowed to sign players from other sports later than this date so long as they are within the salary cap.

To be fair to Folau his latest deal he had higher offers and refused.
Yeah I'm talking about his earlier days in the NRL when he left the Broncos to go to the Giants which was a complete and utter failure, but it was purely for the money.

He's matured a lot and has stuck in Rugby for 4 years now where he has flourished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back