Free Agency Jarryd Lyons [joins Brisbane as a delisted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was well in Gold Coast 22

Lyons is better than Mitch Wallis in terms of contested ball........thanks Mitch for backing out of the trade. It’s a no brainer get him in. Adds to our midfield depth and pairs him up with his brother.

Lyons is better than Mitch Wallis in terms of contested ball........thanks Mitch for backing out of the trade. It’s a no brainer get him in. Adds to our midfield depth and pairs him up with his brother.
better than average afl quality player who actually wants to live in Queensland so zero go home factor in the future.
if i was a Brisbane fan i would be jumping for joy....

I mean, did Mitch actually back out of anything? There was literally nothing to say he was headed to Brisbane other than being in talks, and the media suddenly deciding to speculate that he had accepted a deal there

I mean, did Mitch actually back out of anything? There was literally nothing to say he was headed to Brisbane other than being in talks, and the media suddenly deciding to speculate that he had accepted a deal there

It's pretty unanimous amongst those with sources on the lions board that the club was extremely confident on him and Noble has said something similar.

He must have some serious personality deficiencies for Gold Coast to cut him while contracted. This can’t be for football reasons.

For sure. It would have to be a Stringer situation where off field stuff was getting in the way. But then again why wouldn’t they trade him?

Weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For sure. It would have to be a Stringer situation where off field stuff was getting in the way. But then again why wouldn’t they trade him?

Weird.

He just doesn't strike me as this sort of bloke though which makes it more bizarre. I don't know the bloke but still I highly doubt he's 'done a Stringer'.

It's pretty unanimous amongst those with sources on the lions board that the club was extremely confident on him and Noble has said something similar.
Yeah, but just gotta remember that people with "sources" on Bigfooty tend to be completely full of s**t. It happens on the Dogs board too, where people with "sources" said Wingard had already signed a contract. There's really no actual evidence to suggest that Mitch backed out of anything. I have no doubts he was probably strongly considering it, but there's no evidence that anything was in place for him to actually 'back out' of in the first place

Weird.

Yeah maybe it’s not personality. But it’s not football. Maybe he wanted a contract extension and made an ultimatum or something since trade week.

You’d think they could have got something in return for him via trade. Especially considering that GC and the lions did that pick swap.

Gold Coast starting up the tank before a ball has been bounced.
Delightful.

He would literally be in their top 5 or 6 players given their current list.

And we have their second pick next year (they have our first).

He just doesn't strike me as this sort of bloke though which makes it more bizarre. I don't know the bloke but still I highly doubt he's 'done a Stringer'.

For sure but there’s not really much reason why this would happen then. And if he wants to go to someone else you trade him; cutting him free just speaks of serious problems. But then again you are right we simply don’t know and it’s probably unfair to him to assume that.

Gold Coast starting up the tank before a ball has been bounced.
Delightful.

He would literally be in their top 5 or 6 players given their current list.

Says more about the Suns than him. That club is now beyond cooked I've decided.

Interesting to know why they’ve delisted him. Also despite seemingly being one of their top performers didn’t make top 10 in best and fairest. Even missing 3 games he should have been top 10.

IIRC Steven May didn't make the top 10 as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back