Free Agency Jarryd Lyons [joins Brisbane as a delisted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Does this potentially open up a trade period loop hole? For example if GC refused to de-list Lyons, could Brisbane have said if you de-list Lyons we'll do a "separate" pick trade of our pick 35 for your future fourth
If Suns haven’t negotiated a separate pick swap to facilitate this move, then they’re ****ed in the head.

I heard that Gold Coast told Lyons to look for another club because they were adamant they were getting Dom Tyson. Once Tyson turned his back on Gold Coast it was too late Lyons was already upset. Poor list management imo.

Poorly Run Club to Start With

I heard that Gold Coast told Lyons to look for another club because they were adamant they were getting Dom Tyson. Once Tyson turned his back on Gold Coast it was too late Lyons was already upset. Poor list management imo.
No one is shuffling their list to that extent for tyson !
GWS didnt rate tyson , melbourne didn't rate tyson just a list clogger . Would take Lyons over tyson any day

The whole thing is just one big circle of neglect and poor management.

They spent the entire exchange period stocking up on recycled, underloved commodities who will hopefully give them a contest and earn them back some respect and then they let go of a recycled, underloved commodity who not only gave them a contest but turned himself into an elite player at his position.

Bizarre, just bizarre. They bought low and then somehow managed to sell lower.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strange article. 'If there is ever such thing that is a win-win-win in football, it's this'.
Suns lost a guy who came top 10 in 2 categories in league statistics. Not sure how much of a win it is.

I mean I agree with you but I guess they don't want him there and are happy to not pay his salary for next year. Dumb decision by the suns though.

I don’t get the Nixon tweet and ‘draft tampering’ talk.

All GCS has to do was say we don’t care what contract you’ve been offered we’ll keep you next year, especially at this late stage of the off season when replacement options are limited.

I don’t get the Nixon tweet and ‘draft tampering’ talk.

All GCS has to do was say we don’t care what contract you’ve been offered we’ll keep you next year, especially at this late stage of the off season when replacement options are limited.
Correct suns obviously didn't rate him enough to make him stay and play both parties agreed to part once delisted fair game except we had info from the brother what a shame

It was a bit clear that Dew just didn’t have a preference for Lyons. I’m not sure why but it could be because he wants to blood younger guys and guys who seem more committed to the Suns. Like Barlow, I don’t think it was a question of skill.

I’m excited to have him. He will most likely be in our best 22 and hopefully Corey can take strides and crack in next year.

The mechanics of how this has happened aren't clear to me.
So the Suns cut him, and now he's going to Brisbane. Not traded. Not drafted. What if any of the other 16 clubs wanted him after the Suns cut him? Do/did they have the opportunity to pursue him, make him an offer? I find it really odd that a bloke with the numbers he put up this year, isn't being talked about by other clubs once it was known he could go anywhere without the need for a trade or chewing up a draft pick.

How good would an alternate universe where Tassie had their own stand alone team and there was no Gold Coast be?

If the AFL was serious GWS would be in Canberra and GC in Tasmania. TV rights dictates otherwise.

At various times over the last 10 years I’ve had a very strong feeling NM, WB and the Bombers can consider themselves extremely lucky not to have been folded up and moved to Tassie, Canberra, western Sydney or GC...

The mechanics of how this has happened aren't clear to me.
So the Suns cut him, and now he's going to Brisbane. Not traded. Not drafted. What if any of the other 16 clubs wanted him after the Suns cut him? Do/did they have the opportunity to pursue him, make him an offer? I find it really odd that a bloke with the numbers he put up this year, isn't being talked about by other clubs once it was known he could go anywhere without the need for a trade or chewing up a draft pick.

Swans would love to have a crack at him. Looks like it was a closed shop even before opening time.

If the AFL was serious GWS would be in Canberra and GC in Tasmania. TV rights dictates otherwise.

At various times over the last 10 years I’ve had a very strong feeling NM, WB and the Bombers can consider themselves extremely lucky not to have been folded up and moved to Tassie, Canberra, western Sydney or GC...
Population and infrastructure are the main reasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back